2024 Recruiting - Football

MC, some of the people I follow are very critical of the rating services, believing that many are lazy, don’t keep up, and that their assessments are inaccurate or unreliable. Granted, they are all we have, but it is certainly not a perfect science.

As an example, DL seems like an interesting position group. We’re landing 3-stars, and going after 3 and low 4 stars, with an occasional 5 star. Does that mean that none of the very highly rated players are interested in Texas, or, does it expose the inconsistency of the rating services? I don’t know the answer to that question but I have to wonder.

Byron Murphy, an obvious stud, was a 3 star coming out, and the 50th rated player in Texas, per Rivals. Then there’s Barryn Sorrell, another 3-Star, and only # 17 in the state. How about Jaylan Ford? Rivals 3-Star, and rated # 127 in the state that year!

Call me a rating services skeptic. If Bo Davis and Sark like a player enough to offer, I’m inclined to believe that they know more than the so called experts.
This x 2

MC, some of the people I follow are very critical of the rating services, believing that many are lazy, don’t keep up, and that their assessments are inaccurate or unreliable. Granted, they are all we have, but it is certainly not a perfect science.

As an example, DL seems like an interesting position group. We’re landing 3-stars, and going after 3 and low 4 stars, with an occasional 5 star. Does that mean that none of the very highly rated players are interested in Texas, or, does it expose the inconsistency of the rating services? I don’t know the answer to that question but I have to wonder.

Byron Murphy, an obvious stud, was a 3 star coming out, and the 50th rated player in Texas, per Rivals. Then there’s Barryn Sorrell, another 3-Star, and only # 17 in the state. How about Jaylan Ford? Rivals 3-Star, and rated # 127 in the state that year!

Call me a rating services skeptic. If Bo Davis and Sark like a player enough to offer, I’m inclined to believe that they know more than the so called experts.

There are definitely payers over and under rated all over the place. I believe the overall process is pretty good though and it's what the coaches do with what they get.

Mack? Loaded with top rated players and won 10+ games every year with a natty and playing for another.

Charlie? Took all sorts of 3 star players and the results were pretty obvious.

Binder Boy? Loaded with top 8 classes and won some then lost some bone headed ones.

I think Alabama and Georgia has done pretty dang good with good coaching combined with highly rated players.

The formula for the elite programs is obvious. Have good coaching who can develop, recruit all the highest rated players every year and at the end of each year run off the players who don't fit your program.

Great news. The IT guys were just yesterday talking about DT being the position being the greatest need and how important this is going into the SEC.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back