2024 Recruiting - Football

image.png.7bacf6eb66b33ae81ebaa49abbdaaccd.png

Would you settle for Hills?

Yes, and I wouldn't regard it as "settling."

1st team All-State in Louisiana. We're going against Auburn, Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama, and others in the recruitment of Hills.

Some sites call him a "Strongside DE", while others list him simply as a "DT". He's what used to be called a "Tweener." A big, strongside DE, or a smaller, quick DT. There's a place for a player like this, despite internet ranking services not quite knowing what to do with him. There's especially a place for a player like this in a "complex" Coach PK defense. The production is there: 90 tackles, 15 TFL, 10 Sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble. The athleticism is there. A disruptive player on the D-front. While he's plenty strong already, he'll probably shirt and make the weight room his 2nd home.

Big wish list '24

Baker, Black, Bridges, Bussey, Carter, Hudson (unlikely), Jackson, McKinley, Lindsey, Robinson, Simmons, Umeozulu, Wingo.....chances?

Big wish list '24

Baker, Black, Bridges, Bussey, Carter, Hudson (unlikely), Jackson, McKinley, Lindsey, Robinson, Simmons, Umeozulu, Wingo.....chances?
All these would easily put us in the top 5 even without Hudson. Wingo and/or Bussey makes up for him. Feeling really good about our chances for Wingo, Simmons, Black, Robinson and Umeozulu.
Future looks bright.:beertoast:

Big wish list '24

Bridges is starting to look like Arky. He doesn't like the db numbers we have on campus and the numbers we are recruiting.

Again Bussy is NOT being recruited for the offensive side of the ball. At this point it's the gaggies or froggies for him.
Don't give up on Hudson. At this time last year Hill was with the gags and just a pipe dream for us.

We are no worse than 2nd for the remaining and currently lead for most of the guys you listed.

Last edited:
Lots of decisions coming soon so.

July 13th - Jayden Jackson (Ohio State vs OU lean)

July 14th - Selman Bridges (Arkansas lean)

July 20th - D'Antre Robinson (Texas Lean)

July 22nd - Corian Gipson (Strong Texas Lean, but Clemson still a threat.

End of July likely - TJ Lindsey

End of July/August - Brandon Baker, Wardell Mack

Before season/Fall - Kobe Black, Collin Simmons

Early Signing Day - Ryan Wingo (but also says he could commit any day now)

January AA Game - Dominick McKinley (but may commit before season)

Unknown - Danny Okoye, Zina Umeozulu (has slowed process a bit)

Gerry Hamilton at IT thinks he ends up a 4 star when rankings are all said and done. He is a two sport kid (basketball) who hasn't yet focused his body soley on football. He is already packing on muscle and getting stronger leading up to his senior season. Gerry also mentioned that Jeff Banks essentially started off the recruitment by telling his coach that he has seen all the top TE in the country and Washington fit right in with that group.

Time will tell. I like his Hudl - some good physical blocking mixed in with some athletic moves as a receiver as well as using his big body to be a mismatch.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/16319144/Jordan-Washington
You are not going to believe this, but I just met Jordan waiting at the ticket counter at Bush IAH. He was in line like me and I asked if he was a big UT fan (he was wearing a Texas Longhorn pullover). He said yes sir, in fact I just committed to play football. He was so tall I assumed he would be a basketball recruit if he was an athlete. I said you are the TE! At that point he introduced himself and put his hand out for a handshake. Nicest young man you could expect to meet. He seemed ecstatic to be going to Texas and surprised that someone would know him as the TE recruit (I spared him the details about my desire to have more TE’s on the team). I hope he has much success at Texas.

LSU mods eating a lil crow over Hills.
As weak as he feels LSU is in this one, it is nice to see LSU mods name Texas as the main competition for McKinley.

image.png.35e06a604c2160749316b5265eab63dc.png

You are not going to believe this, but I just met Jordan waiting at the ticket counter at Bush IAH. He was in line like me and I asked if he was a big UT fan (he was wearing a Texas Longhorn pullover). He said yes sir, in fact I just committed to play football. He was so tall I assumed he would be a basketball recruit if he was an athlete. I said you are the TE! At that point he introduced himself and put his hand out for a handshake. Nicest young man you could expect to meet. He seemed ecstatic to be going to Texas and surprised that someone would know him as the TE recruit (I spared him the details about my desire to have more TE’s on the team). I hope he has much success at Texas.
Anyone who doubts in God, need only read this post as I’d bet the Man upstairs sent this TE to McHammer as a prophet to confirm his prayers were indeed answered.

lot of wish lists, very little commitments.:rolleyes1:

Here is the list for our targets again. Please refer back to this list when you get antsy.
And again another reminder. This time last year , Hill was with gaggie, Vasek was with blowklahoma and DeAndre Moore wasn't even in the conversation.

Both Saina and Bridges committed elsewhere because they didn't like the numbers we have at their positions.

July 20th- D'Antre Robinson (Texas Lean)

July 22nd - Corian Gipson (Texas Lean)

End of July likely - TJ Lindsey

End of July/August - Brandon Baker, Wardell Mack

Before season/Fall - Kobe Black, Collin Simmons

Early Signing Day - Ryan Wingo (confirmed dec 20th date (ESD), but also says he could commit any day now)

January AA Game - Dominick McKinley (but may commit before season)

Unknown - Danny Okoye,Zina Umeozulu

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back