2024 Recruiting - Football

Many on here aren't too excited about him, but I will take him. I did some knucklehead things at his age, but I learned from my mistakes. Hopeful he does as well.

view him as a lottery ticket, we could hit the jackpot on a great skill player. Or, we could be moving on soon. You don't want to take too many of these guys but a couple on a yearly basis can be worth it.

cnb,

I'll defer to your judgement, however, I remember Ken Dabbs trying to convince Fred we needed to take a chance on a kid. My first reactions were (1) why the hell hasn't anyone offered him; (2) where the hell is Kosse, Texas

We had a scholarship left over and Fred said ok, thinking he may not make it two weeks in camp.

Ranked top 23 on one site, 18 on another with only 13 recruits. Not bad…..and hope we get Hudson.
Cant see Hudson not going to lubbock. He would be a big fish in a cesspool & I believe there are family ties. Also noted before that Joey Maguire is an exceptional hs coach and has significant ties to that constituency. Maguire will be successful and will be a thorn on some recruits to Texas. He can offer immediate playing time because the bench is short there. All these kids jumping in the portal for that exact reason, they all want to play and they want money. Who can blame that part.

Watched his "announcement " reported on ch7 10pm news, Tyler. Lot of hat nonsense, one on, one off. Teasing etc. Like watching Days of Our Lives, recruiting edition.
I cant stand that look at me look at me nonsense these kids do with committing. Brings back the comments from DKR, "when you get to the end zone act like you been there before!"

I cant stand that look at me look at me nonsense these kids do with committing. Brings back the comments from DKR, "when you get to the end zone act like you been there before!"
Actually they have not been “here” before. This is a first for them. A public college commitment scene doesn’t come along very often.

cnb,

I'll defer to your judgement, however, I remember Ken Dabbs trying to convince Fred we needed to take a chance on a kid. My first reactions were (1) why the hell hasn't anyone offered him; (2) where the hell is Kosse, Texas

We had a scholarship left over and Fred said ok, thinking he may not make it two weeks in camp.

If he had legal or academic issues obviously a hard pass. Or other nefarious shenanigans. This appears to be more of a maturity issue.
If sark is true about the "culture" change then he won't let it become a locker room distraction and Hampton will be hitting the portal assp.

Last edited:
Is k
cnb,

Is Kosse still the peanut capital of Texas?

Brocton commits today at.3 pm.
It's expected to be Auburn.
Texas isn't pushing hard right now and
It looks like they prefer TJ Lindsay anyway.

Last edited:
Lots of decisions coming soon.

July 7th - Aeryn Hampton 5pm (Strong Texas lean)

July 8th - Malik Blocton (Texas vs Auburn)

July 12th - Melvin Hills (Texas lean)

July 22nd - Corian Gipson (Strong Texas Lean)

End of July likely - Dantre Robinson (Texas lean), TJ Lindsey, Jayden Jackson

January AA Game - Dominick McKinley

Unknown - Collin Simmons, Zina Umeozulu, Kobe Black, Brandon Baker, Ryan Wingo, Danny Okoye, Selman Bridges, Wardell Mack
I think we will get 80% of these players but I especially want Simmons, Baker, Black, Wingo and Mckinley.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back