2024 Recruiting - Football

Gerry Hamilton at IT thinks he ends up a 4 star when rankings are all said and done. He is a two sport kid (basketball) who hasn't yet focused his body soley on football. He is already packing on muscle and getting stronger leading up to his senior season. Gerry also mentioned that Jeff Banks essentially started off the recruitment by telling his coach that he has seen all the top TE in the country and Washington fit right in with that group.

Time will tell. I like his Hudl - some good physical blocking mixed in with some athletic moves as a receiver as well as using his big body to be a mismatch.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/16319144/Jordan-Washington

Last edited:
Alex January
DT - Duncanville
6'4"
325 lbs

His father is Mike January, who played LB for the Horns in the 1980s, and played for the Bears in the NFL.

Mike January - Wikipedia
More on DT commit Alex January
6'4" (some sites are showing 6'5")
325 lbs
Duncanville

Two sport star who plays 3rd base, 1st base, and pitcher on the baseball diamond. One of the more athletic 325 pounders you'll see at the high school level. Eyeball test: His photos show that he's not carrying too much of the wrong kind of weight, so that's good. Doesn't have much muscle "definition", but who gives a flip--this is football, not body building. A+ combination of size and athleticism.

Film: He's rather quick and mobile for a man that size on the field. Uses his hands well. Shows a pretty good swim move, and an ok spin move. Will hone his techniques at the college level. Very good in pursuit down the line. Takes on, and often beats, double teams--even against top-level competition. Film shows that he plays mean, and is relentless in pursuit, yet he shows good sportsmanship by helping up the opposing RB whom he just mauled with a tackle.

Playing style: More of a Shaun Rogers-type than a Casey Hampton-type (for what that's worth...)

Good to have him on our team!

(Yes, that athlete in the opposing backfield--#11--is 325 lb Alex January!)
11526010.png

11814807.jpeg

:ut::ut::ut::ut:

Last edited:
Playing style: More of a Shaun Rogers-type than a Casey Hampton-type (for what that's worth...)

both of those guys were complete studs for us, but if there was ever a prototypical DT, it has to be Shaun Rogers. If January comes anywhere close to that level of impact for us, he will be all conference and an NFL player for years

NCAA probation - isn't that kinda like when your parents punished you by taking away the EXXON gas card, but gave you an American Express card to use in case of "emergencies"?

both of those guys were complete studs for us, but if there was ever a prototypical DT, it has to be Shaun Rogers. If January comes anywhere close to that level of impact for us, he will be all conference and an NFL player for years
this dude, after a year or two in the weight room, is going to be a dog cause he is big and athletic.

Lots of decisions coming soon.

July 7th - Aeryn Hampton 5pm (Strong Texas lean)

July 8th - Malik Blocton (Texas vs Auburn)

July 12th - Melvin Hills (Texas lean)

July 22nd - Corian Gipson (Strong Texas Lean)

End of July likely - Dantre Robinson (Texas lean), TJ Lindsey, Jayden Jackson

January AA Game - Dominick McKinley

Unknown - Collin Simmons, Zina Umeozulu, Kobe Black, Brandon Baker, Ryan Wingo, Danny Okoye, Selman Bridges, Wardell Mack

ay idea on Hudson? TT or UT

seems like we were / are in good position with anothe db or athlete?
Hudson dropped off the radar like a marble rolling off a table.
There has got to be a story there.

Last edited:

Unknown - Collin Simmons, Zina Umeozulu, Kobe Black, Brandon Baker, Ryan Wingo, Danny Okoye, Selman Bridges, Wardell Mack
Hampton makes me nervous, meaning I’m afraid he will commit and thus cost UT a good kid when he starts playing the hide and seek game again.

can I just pick out the ones I want and we'll go with that?

With all due respect to Poms above, Can We Just Get To Football Season? Never thought I would look forward to playing Rice.

looks like we might be heavy secondary and d-line this go-round. Light on LBs. I hope we get a good portal LB.

Didn't Hampton commit earlier and decommit later
Yes, he did. Leading to me not being all that excited about another commitment if we get it this time. I think he's also gone back and forth as to what high school he's going to play for this fall - Carthage or Daingerfield

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back