2024 Recruiting - Football

img_2947-jpeg.360996

gotta love when momma starts recruiting!

Once they realize it is Lubbock we are talking about, and then stuck in the leftovers league, even ole coach Joey can not change that hell hole situation.
I agree with you about the outhouse called lubbock. As Mac Davis said, lubbock in the rear view mirror (I might add as fast as you can!!!) But back to Joey Maguire, he is the real deal. He has the "it factor" as he demonstrated by dominating the high school scene and then spent time on Dave Arrandas staff so he will be formidable. Havent witnessed any of the classless crap usually seen out of tech and their fans so hopefully he can change that cesspool for the better.

Except he is 6'4. Decent speed , good route runner and great hands. Coach Jackson targeted him early.
There are more than a few “decent speed” receivers in the NFL that know how to run routes, get open, and catch the ball.

4.62 at the Combine wouldn’t impress anyone, right? That’s what a certain white Ram WR now dominating the League ran…

:idk:

My “inside baseball” source tells me that at least one of the recruits we are pursuing is looking for a school that will buy his mother a house. For that reason, I suspect that the particular player will not choose Texas. (I cannot elaborate further.)

The stories I hear about the financial offers being made are surprising, but perhaps they shouldn’t be. I suspect that this revelation is nothing new, but that it is more common (or more publicly known) in these days of NIL and collectives.

My “inside baseball” source tells me that at least one of the recruits we are pursuing is looking for a school that will buy his mother a house. For that reason, I suspect that the particular player will not choose Texas. (I cannot elaborate further.)

The stories I hear about the financial offers being made are surprising, but perhaps they shouldn’t be. I suspect that this revelation is nothing new, but that it is more common (or more publicly known) in these days of NIL and collectives.
I presume this crap happens far more than anyone would like. If thats whats needed, Texas needs a full pass on this. Sounds like a cancer waiting to happen to a locker room.

That is sad to hear. Shades of the old horror stories of smu and atm violations back in the swc days.
We really need to get this NIL stuff done with rules and some real punishment. Deja vu all over again.

I presume this crap happens far more than anyone would like.

I worked with the brother of a kid that played for Texas in the early 80s. I'd rather not mention his name or position here. Brother was PISSED the day little brother signed because ou and Washington had made lucrative offers. "And Texas didn't offer us ****!" I asked him why he felt that he was owed anything and he laughed at me, 'You just don't know how any of this works'.

Except he i
21.69 in 200

11.7 in 100

DOES NOT COMPUTE! Unless someone picked him up in a golfcart during to 200

s 6'4. Decent speed , good route runner and great hands. Coach Jackson targeted him early.

oh I am stilling coveting Simmons (the disrupter)and Baker (Banks 2). They would be the highlights of the class.
Feeling great about our chances for Simmons, not so much about Baker but we are at the top of the list. Just got to get him in the boat. Overall, feeling good about a top 3 class, third in a row.
Excited about our O and D lines and the the depth.
Starting this season, it's going to be good to be a longhorn as far as w's is concerned!

On five-star OL Brandon Baker...

Hamilton at IT believes Oregon is now running third, but he's not ready to say they're out.

oh I am stilling coveting Simmons (the disrupter)and Baker (Banks 2). They would be the highlights of the class.
Feeling great about our chances for Simmons, not so much about Baker but we are at the top of the list. Just got to get him in the boat. Overall, feeling good about a top 3 class, third in a row.
Excited about our O and D lines and the the depth.
Starting this season, it's going to be good to be a longhorn as far as w's is concerned!
For us to be top 3 there must be some real monsters waiting to commit. The top 7 right now are the typical ones and unless they lose recruits then doubt we pass them. I also thought this was to be a "smaller" class so if that holds true then we will not be top 3 and maybe not top 10. I just want the wins to show up this year and the rest will take care of itself. We have a very talented team but the D has to become legit against all teams. If that happens we are in the running for BCS.

so we need a TexasEx with Lennar and Grand and David Weekly for NIL now?

For us to be top 3 there must be some real monsters waiting to commit. The top 7 right now are the typical ones and unless they lose recruits then doubt we pass them. I also thought this was to be a "smaller" class so if that holds true then we will not be top 3 and maybe not top 10. I just want the wins to show up this year and the rest will take care of itself. We have a very talented team but the D has to become legit against all teams. If that happens we are in the running for BCS.

The original cass size was to be 18-19. But there has been a lot suggesting that we will blow the doors off that number. It will be interesting to see how the coaching staff negotiates the numbers.

We could still have a top 10 class with the small numbers. Don't forget, we're not taking 5* qb this cycle. 5* qb's are weighted higher than a 5* DE.
We are in the race for Simmons, Baker, McKinley and
Wingo. All 5*. And the staff will not give up on Hudson till the ink dries.

Last edited:
sa,

Whoever reported that Marcus' mother got a new doublewide? That's a coverup story to keep the untold truth from being revealed.

247 is hearing Texas is leading for DT Jayden Jackson of IMG Academy.

They also believe he'll make a July decision.

Hamilton at IT says he's liking Texas a little bit right now for DT Malik Blocton of Pike Road, AL.

Important note to remember on him is that his brother, who plays for Auburn, started his career at Kansas.

He maintains that distance is not a factor for his family.

Malik Blocton, Pike Road, Defensive Line

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back