2024 Recruiting - Football

On WR Ryan Williams...

Hamilton at On3 spoke to a source close to him and that person believes he has Texas higher than A&M and Auburn right now.

His best head coach relationship is Sark, the QB room (including his teammate KJ Lacey), Sark's scheme and a wide open WR depth chart are all things working in Texas' favor right now.

In addition to his official visit to Austin at the end of the month, Sark still has an in-home visit to use.

Ryan Williams, Saraland, Wide Receiver

Hmm? Also hearing he had a high school team mate trying to pull him to Georgia but This should move fast if he wants to enroll for spring practice.

Hmm? Also hearing he had a high school team mate trying to pull him to Georgia but This should move fast if he wants to enroll for spring practice.

I am not understanding the WR recruiting as we seem to have about 15 in that group. If the kids we recruited are not improving then by all means but I would hope some of the high ranking wr's we have signed should be ready to play. Oh well, guess thats why Sark gets the big bucks!

I am not understanding the WR recruiting as we seem to have about 15 in that group. If the kids we recruited are not improving then by all means but I would hope some of the high ranking wr's we have signed should be ready to play. Oh well, guess thats why Sark gets the big bucks!

Im only counting 8 wr currently on the roster. 4 are freshman that haven't played a snap. 3 are '23 freshman and I think only 1 caught a pass. The 8th is a transfer that obv hasnt played a down for Texas. So there is a need for someone with some experience.

Im only counting 8 wr currently on the roster. 4 are freshman that haven't played a snap. 3 are '23 freshman and I think only 1 caught a pass. The 8th is a transfer that obv hasnt played a down for Texas. So there is a need for someone with some experience.
Yep.Technically just one guy on campus with a few snaps this season:Cook.
Getting experience with at least 3 portals is imperative. The signees are great and here for spring, but untested.

Over the past week this position group, WR, seems to have shifted from an area of concern, to potentially an embarrassment of riches. It’s almost a certainty that Sark has multiple and extraordinary options from which to choose. It won’t be easy. The same might be true for DBs. I’m no longer concerned about either position group.

The position group that concerns me is DL. From some of the sources, not only did we lose that portal player from Arkansas to Oregon, but word is that two of our signees may be teetering because of the Davis departure. I have little doubt that Sark will bring in a superstar to coach, but I hope he does so quickly because we can’t afford to lose any committed players and frankly, we need immediate help on the DL, next year.

It’s the defensive tackles that are the rarest type of human being. Little fast guys are innumerable compared to giants with agility. Without them the little DBs have to make more tackles and now that they can’t use their helmut, but instead have to use their shoulders, it leads to injury.

Last edited:
It’s the defensive tackles that are the rarest type of human being. Little fast guys are innumerable compared to giants with agility.

True. I hope Sark changes his focus soon. I don't know why these offensive minded coaches think they can outscore opponents but its extremely rare, defense can't be ignored or treated with less regard, we need both. When the offense has a hiccup, if you can't stop the other team, they can win it, especially in a close game.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back