2024 Recruiting - Football

So does this mean the staff moved on from Alex Foster or he decided to look elsewhere?
I have no firsthand knowledge, but 247 still shows him as a hard bailer commit. Crystal ball prediction has him as a 50/50 with us and the piggies.
His lead recruiter was Bo Davis so that prolly doesn’t help our cause.
Hope that helps.

I have no firsthand knowledge, but 247 still shows him as a hard bailer commit. Crystal ball prediction has him as a 50/50 with us and the piggies.
His lead recruiter was Bo Davis so that prolly doesn’t help our cause.
Hope that helps.
Don’t have to sign next week anyway. If there is space, he has until June to sign.

Very well.
please slow down with this overwhelming amount of information. We only have so much time to read in our busy lives.

(actually, I know you are very busy and I appreciate your many posts. Some posts have to be short and to the point)

Terry Bussey stays with A&M.
img_0801.jpg

I gotta say, this year's NSD was the most anticlimactic since I 1st started following it. Combine the transfer portal, early (December) Signing Day & this staff's ability to identify, recruit & sign talent has pretty much taken the excitement out of early February. Not that I mind; I really like the classes Sark et. al. are bringing in. I'm even more stoked at the individual development of players. The knock on our program (and rightfully so IMHO) was that we recruited talented kids coming in but produced very few NFL players going out. This year we are looking at 5-6 1st or 2nd round draftees & 10-12 total. Compare that to 0 just a couple of years ago. Yea, National Signing Day has become rather mundane, but I'll take it & be happy.

Last edited:
I'm even more stoked at the individual development of players.

This! We get top 10 ranked classes practically every year. I recall hearing on several occasions on the radio that the NFL considered Texas as one of the best value for the talent schools in the country. We had so much undeveloped talent they would draft Texas players low or sign them as undrafted free agents knowing they had huge upside. That's not the case anymore. Players are getting better the last 3 years which is why we now have first round talent.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back