2024 Recruiting - Football

Buddy keeps deleting tweets . Let see if this one sticks

This was in regards to the earlier eyeball tweet. Tx players, coaches and recruits have used thie eyeball tweet as something imminent. So we may be getting some good news.
If he commits to Tx that would pretty much rule out McKinley being in this class.

This was in regards to the earlier eyeball tweet. Tx players, coaches and recruits have used thie eyeball tweet as something imminent. So we may be getting some good news.
If he commits to Tx that would pretty much rule out McKinley being in this class.
If Evans does flip, it will moves Texas class ahead of Ohio State and Miami to the #3 class. The ags class will drop to 21st. Cant imagine Bussey and Mckinley would stick around. If they leave the ags would drop to 35th. :smokin:

Conspiracy.

upload_2023-12-21_22-33-10.png

So, 2024... overall an A or A+

A tad light on OL and LB? LBs can come through the portal. Maybe a grad transfer OL can come through the portal. But OL, in general, need to be 'home grown' on the 40 Acres.

Other than that, I don't see any weaknesses.

A tad light on OL and LB? LBs can come through the portal. Maybe a grad transfer OL can come through the portal. But OL, in general, need to be 'home grown' on the 40 Acres.

I would give it an A. We signed 3 OL. I would liked to have seen 1 or 2 more. I feel like we should sign 4-5 every year. I don’t think it’s any coincidence that we are having our best season since 2009 just 2 years after we signed a monster OL class. The OL, along with the outstanding DL play this year, cannot be overstated as it relates to our success.

having said that, we shouldn’t sign OL just for numbers sake. They need to be quality OL. I’m hoping the 3 we signed this year are all future quality starters.

Definitely light on LB's. Not as concerned about the o-line at this point unless there are a number of portals after the playoffs because most of the two deep on the line are underclassman. Probably will need more o-line signings next year.

having said that, we shouldn’t sign OL just for numbers sake. They need to be quality OL. I’m hoping the 3 we signed this year are all future quality starters.
Here's what I think:

- Baker (the out-of-state guy) has very high ratings from the recruiting gurus. He's probably the most athletic, and he's 6'5" so he can grow into a HUGE lineman.

- Cruz looks like he'll be a stud that could see the field early, if needed. Still, a few years in our S&C program would do him well.

- Kibble is a relatively short (6'2"), compact, very strong, mean, Kasey Studdard type.

January is the sleeper in this class. Like Sweat, he's a 3 star recruit. He was controlling the LOS, and collapsing the pocket, in the State Title game. He looks like one of those naturally strong guys. A few years in our S&C program and he'll be an unblockable beast.

If Evans does flip, it will moves Texas class ahead of Ohio State and Miami to the #3 class. The ags class will drop to 21st. Cant imagine Bussey and Mckinley would stick around. If they leave the ags would drop to 35th. :smokin:

As of 10 this morning, 247 thinks he will stick with A&M.

Trying to read between the lines here...

The article references Evans stating Texas is his dream school. I think he has denied making that statement. I tend to believe he never said it. Why would he commit to A&M if we are his dream school. I would say our chances are 50/50 at best with him but I’m hopeful.

I feel like it's an A+...FOR THE EARLY SIGNING PERIOD.

Don't want to grade the class until February though.

On paper and realistically we have gone from pauper to pride on Edge players. Simmons is a beast. Ant Hill moves out/blitzes terrific. Burke and Vacek are quality. Sorrell has developed very well. In short, we likely need LBs and DL much more than another edge. A couple of players who redshirted will likely develop into quality with a little weight. Not sure who truly stallion that Evans is. Ratibgs say he is.

DT Alex Foster told IT he's planning on hosting Sark for an in-home visit next month since he "absolutely loved" his official to Texas.

Hopefully the staff will stay after him and he gets a chance to commit.

As of today, it sounds like Texas will take two more interior DL if they're the right guys.

I can’t give this class any grade other than an A+. And we’re not finished yet.

Some have alluded to the class being light in a couple of position areas. I see it quite differently. Sark and the staff are focusing on areas of need — like the defensive backfield — and not using slots on areas (like LB or OL) that were sufficiently filled in the last two classes.

These guys know what they are doing, and they may be doing it better now than any other program in the country.

Recent Threads

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Back