Ukraine updates

Russia bars anti-war critic from challenging Putin in next month's election

Russia's gonna Russia...

0C0FFBDB-7EC7-4BE8-BBE9-A26D578ABA51_w1200_r1.jpg

vladimir-putin-russian-president-the-east-german-stasi-identification-card-issued-while-he-worked-as-a-kgb-agent-in-dresden-in-1985-2J5CF92.jpg

Sopko sounds like an honest public servant.
I wish there was follow up on what happened after he released the audits.
Were people prosecuted and jailed? Any funds recovered?

Russia Navy announced today that they will be conducting rocket tests very close to San Diego for 10 days. The FAA and DOD issued a NOTAM. What will Brandon do?

Last edited:
Russia Navy announced today that they will be conducting rocket tests very close to San Diego for 10 days. The FAA and DOD issued a NOTAM. What will Brandon do?

I wish de-escalation was on the table for someone on either side. This thing gets worse and worse.

I wish de-escalation was on the table for someone on either side. This thing gets worse and worse.
The old axiom about it being easier to start a war than end one has been forgotten. IMHO it’s obvious that the calamitous times we live in now, looking back next year, will seem like heaven….especially in a Harris Administration.

Last edited:
I think my expectations of the conflict have been born out.

It has shown to be a bad idea to support Ukraine because 1) Russia either can't or isn't interested in taking over the whole country and more. I think they don't have the ability. They are a relatively small economy and therefore are limited in how far they project power. This also fits with my understanding of the reason Russia attacked. 2) US funding has prolonged the war. The longer it goes on the worse it gets for Ukraine not better. Ukraine is conscripting men and now women to fight. Many men have fled the country and will never come back. Alliance with the US isn't helping Ukraine it is destroying it. Even our politicians have said as much "we will fight the Russians down to the last Ukrainian. 3) The Ukraine government isn't democratic or free in anyway. They have outlawed political parties and religious denomination. Now they have suspended elections indefinitely.

Ukraine has a right and an obligation to protect their people from aggression. Engaging the war that they have is not protecting their citizens in any way shape or form.

Let me also say that Russia isn't going to be benefitted by this war either. They may achieve a minor military goal. But they are also losing young men. Their economy is now being funneled into the military which will destroy it. They are cut off from the best markets. Putin continues to tighten his grip of power around the Russian people. The war could even topple Putin's regime at some point. That could go better or worse.

Give the Ukrainians the tools and they will finish the job. Less than 100 years ago Stalin starved 5-8 million Ukrainians in the Holomodor. There would be very few Russians in Ukraine today had that not happened. My deceased wife was a Ukrainian. They are like pit bulls..they won’t quit and they will win.

Give the Ukrainians the tools and they will finish the job. Less than 100 years ago Stalin starved 5-8 million Ukrainians in the Holomodor. There would be very few Russians in Ukraine today had that not happened. My deceased wife was a Ukrainian. They are like pit bulls..they won’t quit and they will win.

They aren't going to win no matter how much money and weapons we send over there. They aren't winning now and are losing ground. The sooner Ukraine ends this war the better it will be for Ukraine. They don't have the population. They didn't at the beginning and it is even more one sided now.

They aren't going to win no matter how much money and weapons we send over there. They aren't winning now and are losing ground. The sooner Ukraine ends this war the better it will be for Ukraine. They don't have the population. They didn't at the beginning and it is even more one sided now.
We’ll have to disagree. I respect your opinion. Putin won’t stop in Ukraine. We should use this time the Ukrainian lives are giving us to prepare. There will be a limited nuclear exchange and there’s a roughly 40% chance China will attack Taiwan. That goes up if Russia isn’t driven back. All China, Russia and North Korea care about is staying in power. Their economy doesn’t matter to them anymore. This period of time, in their opinion, is their last chance. And they are right. China, Russia and North Korea are failing demographically and therefore economically within a decade.

That's all neocon fables trying to keep people in fear so that they can justify fleecing the American people through the military industrial complex.

If those countries are going to fail economically within 10 years then they will have no capability of waging war. It takes lots of money and economic production to wage war. It consumes capital. It doesn't build it. They can't be a threat to take over the whole world and at the same time on the edge of economic collapse.

That's all neocon fables trying to keep people in fear so that they can justify fleecing the American people through the military industrial complex.

If those countries are going to fail economically within 10 years then they will have no capability of waging war. It takes lots of money and economic production to wage war. It consumes capital. It doesn't build it. They can't be a threat to take over the whole world and at the same time on the edge of economic collapse.

Mona,
In the minds of China, Russia and North Korea, if they can discourage the West now and carve up new, large spheres of dominant influence, then their future economic and demographic problems will be solved.

Perhaps you will change your mind if Russia uses tactical nuclear weapons or if China blitzes Taiwan?

Name one agreement with Russia that they haven’t broken since Putin took over. The West has broken a few, like possibly NATO expansion, but Putin has broken every agreement, every time. He’s all in until the former Soviet borders are restored.

Russia must be defeated in Ukraine now. Listen to the Poles, the Estonians, the Latvians, the Finns and the Norwegians. That know what’s up. Russia is their neighbor. They know them far better than we ever will.

Our greatest danger is that Biden and the Germans are weak and won’t want to respond immediately if they attack.

Last edited:
Wonder what "attention "Chairman Banks wanted Benny Johnson to do? Can't Congress stop the giving of money to these Ukraine Groups?

Update: NATO rejects another attempt at negotiation by Russia. Russia is now destroying their own economy, as inflation is accelerating. This is what war does by the way. Russians are taking on more and more loans to pay for their needs at very high interest rates. Ukraine used the US regime's cluster bombs to kill Crimean civilians. I wonder how much Niki Haley has made off of this war?

I said months ago that Ukraine should be doing daring raids into Russia instead of dying in trench warfare:

I've said for months that Ukraine was done a year ago and should negotiate for peace. Anything else is virtual suicide of their nation. Attacking Russia doesn't change the basic situation, it just motivates Russia to take over more land.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back