Ukraine updates

I agree with Musk in that nothing good will come from the war’s continuation other than for the war machine to profit.

3 is the critical one. Russia has a bigger supply of soldiers to send into the meat grinder. Putin is fine with just wearing Ukraine down to old ladies. There should not be another cent sent to Ukraine without an agreed point of ending the conflict.

Looks like I was right about this war. Ukraine is going to lose land but gain peace. If they would have negotiated earlier they would have retained more of their territory.

I wonder what conflict I will end up correct on next?

An extra 100k dead for likely nothing. You point that out you get ********:

MacLaughlin is willfully ignorant. There were reports of negotiations starting in Spring 2021 until the US/Britain put a stop to it. They needlessly cost Ukraine land and blood.

So does this mean that Russia is going to take over Poland and the Baltics now? That was what the neocon establishment was saying, that if Russia wasn't defeated they would keep going. Well, they have held defensive positions for about a year now with no push even into Ukraine. They could very well push to the Dnieper in the East and to Moldova along the coast but that is about it.

Can't we say that the US government were the bad guys in this situation? Even Russia was willing stop the war but the US wasn't. That's a bad look.

^^^^ no surprise^^^^
All I wonder is if it was all pre planned. I would say absolutely but that assume a degree of intelligence I am unwilling to afford to the basic politician, which only means it’s the corp types. That makes more sense.

1. A ceasefire is called.

2. Ukraine declares the Russian majority regions to be a drain on Ukraine overall, and seeks to kick them out for a better/improved Ukraine.

3. Ukraine allows for a vote in the Russian-majority areas--this time monitored by international/UN observers/election workers.

4. Those areas join Russia.

5. Russia is only allowed to keep minimal soldiers in former-Ukrainian territory.

6. Moldova remains Moldova.

7. Both sides declare victory and have big victory parades.

8. Leading Hard-line Ukrainian nationalists arrested on unrelated crimes, and they go away.

1. A ceasefire is called.

2. Ukraine declares the Russian majority regions to be a drain on Ukraine overall, and seeks to kick them out for a better/improved Ukraine.

3. Ukraine allows for a vote in the Russian-majority areas--this time monitored by international/UN observers/election workers.

4. Those areas join Russia.

5. Russia is only allowed to keep minimal soldiers in former-Ukrainian territory.

6. Moldova remains Moldova.

7. Both sides declare victory and have big victory parades.

8. Leading Hard-line Ukrainian nationalists arrested on unrelated crimes, and they go away.
You make too much sense Chop, but you need to add Ukraine gets into NATO (Turkey gets kicked out so they do not have to rearrange the flagpoles at NATO HQ).

At a minimum, the Commies will have to give up either land gained or Criameia for Ukraine to save face.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back