Ukraine updates

The sanctions only hurt normal people who lose their jobs or businesses and on the other side people who would have benefitted from trade.

So the main be reason they lost their lives isn't that they were invaded but that someone tried to give them a fighting chance?
The deal they will be getting will be the same one that was available after the first month. After the first month, the West is using dead Ukrainian boys to sweeten the final deal and to keep the corruption in their corner. I doubt it will be worth it as I indicated above.

I don't entirely agree with him on foreign policy, but I'd have no reluctance in voting for him as the nominee. Overall, he's very good.

I'm on board with his taiwan policy . Protect them to the hilt against china until 2028 (end of 1rst term), during which time we build multiple massive sc chip plants to relieve our dependency on Taiwan plants.

After that, China has no reason to invade Taiwan unless it's a territorial issue / war. In which case we won't shed American blood over such wars. Our interest isn't served.

America First. I like it

It's America First to protect Taiwan to the hilt. Got it. :rolleyes1:

China has said since their civil war that Taiwan is part of China and will eventually join them to the mainland, not necessarily by force.

US policy since then was called "strategic ambiguity". It lasted until the Biden administration. Now all of a sudden the US is afraid China will take Taiwan over. That isn't a coincidence.

All of this has nothing to do with computer chips either. You think China wouldn't want to sell more valuable goods to the US? They are trying move up the value chain anyway. I don't want China to take over Taiwan personally. But do you think woke computer companies care if they buy semiconductors from Taiwan or China? Hint. They are all Maoists.

Last edited:
It's America First to protect Taiwan to the hilt. Got it. :rolleyes1:

Apparently you don't

Sc chips (and energy ) make our economy roll. We're not defending Taiwan as much as we are the chip factories. Once we move the industry here, we no longer have an interest there.

Just like Ukraine, it's a territorial issue. Not worth Americans dying over

But our economy? Yes it must be defended. America First

My 2nd time to listen to VR via podcast interview. Both were impressive- to me

95% of comments posted are VR positive, and critical of Hewitt's angle of attack.

Apparently you don't

Sc chips (and energy ) make our economy roll. We're not defending Taiwan as much as we are the chip factories. Once we move the industry here, we no longer have an interest there.

Just like Ukraine, it's a territorial issue. Not worth Americans dying over

But our economy? Yes it must be defended. America First

Reread my last paragraph. Then think about how sabre rattling started and has extended the Ukraine war. The US regime that hates you and which you hate is starting the same pattern with China. You believe what Biden and Conservative Inc. are telling you? This is the same playbook since the 1950s.

Your last paragraph says it has nothing to do with sc chips, yet VR addressed that as his Taiwan issue. Not going into a 10 post back and forth with you and how you interpret a to z. I'm interested in VRs policies

At what time does he address computer chips? I won't watch the whole thing. I agree with much of what VR says but I haven't heard his comments on China specifically.

Sheesh just watch it. How can you comment on it if you didn't watch / listen.

I could say start around minute 5, but you'd stop listening at minute 6 thinking you have all the info you need. That's kind of what Washington examiner's writer did. Incomplete info, then make unintelligent commentary. I saw that and ended my interest in that rag. Listen to candidates, decide for one's self

Last edited:
I listen to a lot of stuff. I have to prioritize. I have listened to multiple interviews of VR already. Just give me a 10 minute window and I will go back. I listened to 10 minutes of this one but he didn't get to China. Where does he start talking about the computer chips?

My concerns about VR are his flopping changes on issues as he gains attention and moves up the polls. Yes he his charismatic and well spoken but it seems he is now saying what he thinks voters want to hear.
Exs
In early Aug He first said he would be open to evaluating pardons for the Biden family in the interests of moving forward, But then he said No, I don’t have any plans to pardon Hunter Biden. It’s planted trash. When you strike the swamp, the swamp strikes back.
He thought Bernie Sanders idea
It was reported VR wanted to ending financial military support to Israel but then he said he did support phasing out aid to Israel by 2028
China/ Taiwan? Said America should give a gun to every Taiwan household so they can defend themselves???
In Aug VR said XI should not invade Taiwan until the USA has built its' own semi conductor factories.???

He may be a real conservative and it is his newness to campaigning. that causes flip flops
He certainly can talk on his feet.

Last edited:
My concerns about VR are his flopping changes on issues as he gains attention and moves up the polls. Yes he his charismatic and well spoken but it seems he is now saying what he thinks voters want to hear.
Exs
In early Aug He first said he would be open to evaluating pardons for the Biden family in the interests of moving forward, But then he said No, I don’t have any plans to pardon Hunter Biden. It’s planted trash. When you strike the swamp, the swamp strikes back.
It was reported VR wanted to ending financial military support to Israel but then he said he did support phasing out aid to Israel by 2028
China/ Taiwan? Said America should give a gun to every Taiwan household so they can defend themselves???
In Aug VR said XI should not invade Taiwan until the USA has built its' own semi conductor factories.???

He may be a real conservative and it is his newness to campaigning. that causes flip flops
The Isreal quote was a liberal editor's headline. VR's statement was he wanted to extend the Abraham Accords. When that happens and the Israeli economy strengthens, the US SHOULD NOT have to prop Isreal financially.

Exs

His point was, why would China invade Taiwan if the chip factories were dormant or to slight capacity . Good point made. If China did invade post 2028 it would be because of a territorial issue. In that case, no American blood should be shed over it. I agree

Also stated we'd defend Taiwan aggressively until the chip factories are migrated. I like that too

Can anyone explain why the chip factories are worth going to war over? If China did take them over. Couldn't we still buy chips from those factories?

And perhaps they decide to kill the US economy be deciding no sales to the US. The US is way to dependent Taiwan for chips and I don't mean Lays.

Why would China do that? Their whole economy is dependent on exporting to the US. Their next economic growth step is to start producing higher value goods and sell to the US. What indication do you have that they would sell everything else to the US at market value except for these chips made in Taiwan today?

Why would China do that? Their whole economy is dependent on exporting to the US. Their next economic growth step is to start producing higher value goods and sell to the US. What indication do you have that they would sell everything else to the US at market value except for these chips made in Taiwan today?
Because they are communists, hate the US, change policy towards the US all the time and may start a war against the US. The fact is we don't know WTF they might do and we can't be dependent on them regardless of how much we they need to sell to the US market.

If there's a war do you think they're going to sell us chips that guide our airplanes and missles?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back