Ukraine updates

Rumors now that Putin has fled Moscow, maybe for St Petersburg.

Does he have enough forces to defend Moscow? Seems a question of shifting loyalties now.

Interesting analysis on Fox News that all was staged by Putin to put more constraints on his citizens. Martial law etc.

I don't know what is happening but it is crazy. Not sure I want Prigozhin in charge of Russia's nuclear arsenal. Less so Kadirov. Glad the nukes haven't started launching yet.

I don't know what is happening but it is crazy. .

Sums it up, above.

One of those situations where spectators like us just need to wait till the dust has settled because there's a shitload of disinformation flying all around. Pretty sure a fair share comes from DC as well.

Dangerous games being played with Russia having a lot of nukes on hand. I don't feel confident considering the leadership teams we have

Will Putin survive this?

Maybe . . . but then, maybe not. Depends on whether or not the other Generals join the "rebellion". Putin is former KGB and was stationed in Dresden (in the old East Germany) back in the early '70s as I recall. He might flee at the last moment or he could make a stand. If all the Generals join in, Putin is probably toast. Hell, his armies couldn't overrun the Ukraine. They took some territory but didn't overrun the joint.

Last edited:
Multiple theories out there. Funniest one is that Prigozhin did all this for a CIA paycheck. $6.2 billion anyone? Then once he got the funds he cut a deal with Putin and Lukashenko. None of the theories are very plausible so who knows.

But the best thing about all this? All the neocons that were talking $h!t about people and dunking on any of the war skeptics, now are eating that $h!t now that they totally self owned. Good times.

Multiple theories out there. Funniest one is that Prigozhin did all this for a CIA paycheck. $6.2 billion anyone? Then once he got the funds he cut a deal with Putin and Lukashenko. None of the theories are very plausible so who knows.

But the best thing about all this? All the neocons that were talking $h!t about people and dunking on any of the war skeptics, now are eating that $h!t now that they totally self owned. Good times.

Lot of postings on forums about the missing 6 billion . Me? I believe at least a majority of it went to this mess.

"Nobody fucks with a Biden" seems to have run its course

H2
The DOD error of 6 billion dollars was explained to me as the equipment and weaponry was valued at cost as if it were new, not used.
Once they "revalued"it as used the difference was 6 billion. Screwy at best.

H2
The DOD error of 6 billion dollars was explained to me as the equipment and weaponry was valued at cost as if it were new, not used.
Once they "revalued" it as used the difference was 6 billion. Screwy at best.
That seems to be the "company" line. If that is the case, it freed up the difference between the "new" value and the "used" value to spend. What guide rails are in place and who is watching over that value?

Putin -- former KGB guy and communist party leader, big ego, but smart. May be at least partially under the spell of the mystic philosopher/cleric/"historian" Dugin (his Rasputin).

Prigozhin -- former hot dog salesman, ex-con, private army mercenary leader.

Pick your poison.

@Chop I'm curious where's the WTF in this post?
It’s at the bottom left. Below the text.
:D

Russia—one of the major nations of the World—appears to be imploding. The President has fled the Capital. A civil war may be underway. I’d say, it’s all shocking enough to merit the eyeballs and WTF.

The purges will soon follow. Siberia may actually be pretty nice this time of year--way out East in Kamchatka maybe? Good fishing, I bet.

IMG_8063-e1548153059599.jpg

Russia; Kamchatka, the World's best trout fishing? - Aardvark Mcleod
(betcha never caught a rainbow trout that size in Colorado!)

Last edited:
Russia—one of the major nations of the World—appears to be imploding. The President has fled the Capital. A civil war may be underway. I’d say, it’s all shocking enough to merit the eyeballs and WTF.
I thought maybe I posted something exceedingly dumb, which would not be entirely inconsistent with my posting history.

:e-ok:

Once again I fail to see how anyone can defend this war other than a great way to test our weapons and kill Russians using schmucks.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back