Trouble in Paradise?

If the ticket has $5 printed on it, I'd buy a few, frame one, and send the others to Aggie friends for Christmas.
I checked; closest I could find was a ticket to the aggy vs SMU game. Face value on the ticket was $2.50. At the time that was considered expensive.

If the ticket has $5 printed on it, I'd buy a few, frame one, and send the others to Aggie friends for Christmas.

Sabre,

I'm impressed with your thoughtfulness and kindness for our friends in College Station during the troubled times for them...

Last edited:
The purchasing power of the federal minimum wage has fluctuated; it was highest in February 1968, when it was $1.60 per hour!

Sad!

Believe you are correct Everett. I think I remember my first hourly wage was $1.60 for a part time job I had in 1968... woohoo!

My $2.50 was in 1971 working for a contractor at Dow Chemical. Looking back, I didn’t know how good I had it compared to y’all’s wages.

My $2.50 was in 1971 working for a contractor at Dow Chemical. Looking back, I didn’t know how good I had it compared to y’all’s wages.
Don't wanna big time you losers, but high earner here so far.
I was paid $4.10 an hour in 1984 at Warner Records warehouse.
I also was the volunteer bartender for the parties we held for album releases.
The stories I ve got.

The stories I ve got.

Stories: you have a hungry, unlimited forum and unbiased audience brother.

Last edited:
The stories I ve got.
I was a lifeguard in Temple in 89 to 90 and made $5.25 a hour. Summers were great!

I've pretty much lived my life in abject poverty. I am a lifelong piano tuner for the Church of Christ. Times are, and always have been, hard.

I've pretty much lived my life in abject poverty. I am a lifelong piano tuner for the Church of Christ. Times are, and always have been, hard.
lol
As a CoC apostate, I feel your pain. Growing up, our congregation had some of the worst singers in the history of singing. The ASPCA frequently crashed our services thinking we were torturing cats & donkeys. When we sang God put wax in His ears to dull the pain. We were the reason He started allowing some (limited) congregations to have pianos. If it hadn't been for us, you wouldn't have had ANY work, George. You're welcome.

Last edited:
This never gets old
1725553529227.png

Shades of Phat Phil Phulmer.
That may be the ultimate insult in college football history. Cheating was so far down the list of Phat Phil Phaults that it might take days to list them all. If, however, you want to learn how to stab your boss (or friends) in the back, Phat Phil is the place to start. Hell, even shithead Gladchuk could take lessons from him.

For references, contact Jimmy Haslam or Lane Kiffin.

Three "absolutes" of religion:
1. Protestants don't recognize the authority of the Pope;
2. Jews don't recognize the divinity of Jesus;
3. Baptists don't recognize each other in the liquor store.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back