Trouble in Paradise?

upload_2023-10-12_11-18-6.png

Interesting and predictable aggy only mentioned Texas.
I wonder how Mizzou felt about ou going into SEC. They certainly had a much longer history.

Such a bunch of meaningless, random movements and chants strung together.
I can not imagine how someone thought this was cool 100 years ago. Or how no one in that cult has cone along and said “why we doing this?”
Only thing more nonsensical is their fight song “Hullabaloo canek canek riff raff chuff chaff whoop whoop hump hump redass squeeeeze army. And it’s good by to Texas university”

morons.

Poor aggy

I have no doubt that aggy had delusions of having immense power within the Sec to block Texas from entering the conference, right up to the point that the other eleven members told them that aggy could vote yes on admitting Texas and ou and they would get the first game with us at home orrrrr, if not, the league would first have a vote to expel aggy from the conference and then vote to add Texas, ou and either Texas Tech or Okie St. (the latter two being no different than aggy as far as the Sec was concerned).

WB,

I like the version going around Tuscaloosa that A&M & Mizzou were told to like the addition or the SEC would turn it into a swap of A&M & Mizzou for Texas & OU.

Last edited:
So Mizzou played ou 96 times including being part of Big 8 since 1907. Pretty long time.
Mizzou and Texas played 24 times
So MY point was Mizzou would have more animosity toward ou than Texas
but aggy was too clueless to see.

So Mizzou played ou 96 times including being part of Big 8 since 1907. Pretty long time.
Mizzou and Texas played 24 times
So MY point was Mizzou would have more animosity toward ou than Texas
but aggy was too clueless to see.
Sorry. My fault, I didn't read it that way the first time through.

I don't understand the 7-1 schedule that Bama wants. This is stupid. If money and eyes matter Texas v OU, Arky and aggie every year and everyone else in the sec every other year makes the most money on our end. Bama v Kent and bama correctional and losing Auburn v Georgia and others is silly. aggie and Arky and Vandy and uSC have one rival. so what keep the good games. Otherwise it is stupid to lose Arky and aggie every year so we can play usc or whatever every four years. Big deal. Arky and OU get this, the road to the title is easier but kicking your hated rival's a is important. aggie and some Texas fans just don't understand.

Turkey is not as good as aggie tears on Thanksgiving by a lot.

Do we really want to see Jimbo go? I’m good with 3-5 losses every year, and the appearance of the Furk Train every October.

Last edited:
I present to you a fascinating post today from the father of a RB that made the unwise choice to decommit from UT last year.
Will we see another Exodus from College Station with young Rueben playing the part of Moses.. in a set my people free quest?
IMG_0818.png

Last edited:
Trouble in Paradise & Texags in general are my two fav interweb locations to visit these days.

From texags just now:

"John Sharp is essentially A&M's Jerry Jones. Been saying it for years. Crooked/slimy snake of a man too IMO.

Old farts running us into the ground at A&M. Just like Washington DC.

Time to drain our own swamp."

I always like it when they show the picture of their national championship trophy they gave to Jumbo Dumbo with the date ready to be engraved in.

aggy has a bye week followed up by a win against South Carolina. Jimbo re-ups for three more years. Then the treacherous trip to both Mississippi schools brings it crashing down. Jimbo fired after Ole Miss.

Once the SEC fans discover Austin, they’ll probably stay in Austin for the Aggie games. The Austin Chamber of Commerce. Austin Hotel Association and travel agents should develop this unique opportunity. They could contact our new SEC friend’s Alumni Associations.

Last edited:
Once the SEC fans discover Austin, they’ll probably stay in Austin for the Aggie games. The Austin Chamber of Commerce. Austin Hotel Association and travel agents should develop this unique opportunity. They could contact our new SEC friend’s Alumni Associations.
Yes if Texas is not at home. Texas and aggy should not have home conference games on the same weekend. And if Texas and aggy play the same conference team at home, it should be back to back weekends.

Gyl
No no. Don't want hotels crowded even more.
Let them stay in Houston.
They need more hotels on the Houston side of Austin. I drive in from the Woodlands and have to stay in North Austin or Round Rock. Put up some hotels in Manor and Elgin areas.

Gyl
No no. Don't want hotels crowded even more.
Let them stay in Houston.
It will naturally happen anyway but I would delight in the Aggie Angst to any such concerted and apparent promotion.

Aren’t there enough AirB&Bs in Austin to handle it? Every third house here in Marathon is an AirB&B

Back