The Media Industry

Maybe she is a plagiarist. It changes nothing about Claudine Gay or Harvard broadly.
True - that was the point: she’s incidental to the affair at Harvard or to Ackman’s role. Thus, he’s going scorched earth policy.

There is a flip side to this. US media isn't reporting on American hostages in Gaza because that could cause people to question all the bombing Israel is doing right now. The US government has clearly given Israel carte blanche, though I think there have been a few comments about cutting back a bit which Israel has ignored, to bomb the area and supplied most if not all of the bombs. Does that serve the interest of those 7 hostages? What makes them safer and more likely to be rescued?

Not reporting on this doesn't really help Hamas. It keeps public opinion accepting of the bombing.

In the view clip above, Rachel Maddow referred to "knowingly broadcasting untrue things" - I thought "knowingly broadcasting untrue things" was the guiding principle for MSNBC.

Interesting excerpt from the linked LA Times article -
"The way to send “goodwill” to those who remain is to tell the truth about the state and the disastrous course that it is on."
Very nice summary statement - I sincerely hope the folks leaving CA to come here realize that the progressive policies in CA are the root of the state's problems. Don't vote for those same policies in your new home state (especially if you relocate to Texas).

Interesting excerpt from the linked LA Times article -
"The way to send “goodwill” to those who remain is to tell the truth about the state and the disastrous course that it is on."
Very nice summary statement - I sincerely hope the folks leaving CA to come here realize that the progressive policies in CA are the root of the state's problems. Don't vote for those same policies in your new home state (especially if you relocate to Texas).
Unfortunately, they will and are.

That is some pretty blatant propagandizing. The real trend is that Republicans largely stayed consistent, and Democrats went crazy. The reality is that the middle ground collapsed because of bad faith. The alternative to restrictive immigration policies wasn't allowed to be rational and orderly moderate immigration. It was a chaotic non-enforcement of the laws. If forced to pick only from those two options, most will pick restrictive policies unless they're crazy.

Recent Threads

Back