Texas WBB 2024-2025 Season

Who said cancel? We're just noting the constant drama associated with her.
There is a worthless online petition to remove Sedona from the TCU roster. It has 150k signatures.

@Moooooo is correct. Sedona is a controversy magnet.

I think @Vol Horn 4 Life is also correct. This storm seems to be one of those overly dramatic, blown way the hell out of proportion things that happen to drama queens on the internet. But it is still a controversy, and can't be good for locker room cohesion.

There is a worthless online petition to remove Sedona from the TCU roster. It has 150k signatures.

@Moooooo is correct. Sedona is a controversy magnet.

I think @Vol Horn 4 Life is also correct. This storm seems to be one of those overly dramatic, blown way the hell out of proportion things that happen to drama queens on the internet. But it is still a controversy, and can't be good for locker room cohesion.
Pretty much my exact thoughts.

It makes you wonder how accurate the reports were from Sedona who accused UT medical staff and Coach Aston of totally neglecting her and her health during her injury here at Texas.

IMG_7999.jpeg

Here's my only reason for ever mentioning Prince is that I remember seeing her being led around Erwin while Aston was recruiting her and then realizing that KA was able to reel in a nationally ranked player to the Longhorns. And then, before the season began, I saw her by herself walk up and stand in line for a Texas volleyball game. During that time, there were multiple social media posts of the WBB team hanging out together and I found it odd that Prince was all by herself and not hanging out with the team. Was she a natural loner from the start? True that teams always have cliques and I wondered if she just didn't fit in with the rest of the team. That was the first nagging thought I had that maybe Sedona Prince wasn't a "team" kinda player.

I guess I didn’t realize only 16 Conference games.

I’m actually glad we get two cracks at South Carolina and that they and LSU are two of the last three home games.

I do agree superbowl Sunday is not great timing. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve driven back to Dallas after a Texas game and got home in the 3rd Qtr. Hopefully we will still fill up Moody and give them a “proper welcome”

Vic was interviewed on SEC Now today regarding the conference schedule. When discussing his team and preparing them for conference play, he stated that he's "loaded them up with tough schedule".

The show also discussed the entire conference schedule.

Lots of schools have been announcing their non-conference schedules this week; hope ours comes out soon and is not as weak as LSU's. Other than Notre Dame, have we had any other game confirmed? Doesn't sound like Michigan is our opponent in Las Vegas as it was confirmed they will play South Carolina.

Don't we play @ UConn this season also? I think so but not sure.

I thought I saw a recently released schedule for UConn and Texas was not on it
Texas is definitely not on UConn's schedule unless we play them in the Bahamas at the Baha Mar Pink Flamingo Championship tournament? They have TBA on those 2 games.

Does anybody else wonder why there is a football count down timer across all forums? Wish there was one for each sport. In case anyone is wondering, there's 74 days left until basketball starts. Seems like a long, long time.:(:(

Does anybody else wonder why there is a football count down timer across all forums? Wish there was one for each sport. In case anyone is wondering, there's 74 days left until basketball starts. Seems like a long, long time.:(:(
I'd say it's pretty self-evident why Texas football gets outsized levels of attention on the website, as well as in the athletic department itself.

Football pays the bills.

WBB lost money last year as did Softball and Volleyball, even both went to the finals.

Football pays the bills.

WBB lost money last year as did Softball and Volleyball, even both went to the finals.
Racer, I'm curious how would Volleyball turn a profit? They appear to sellout pretty much all their games...I could also ask the same about Softball, how would it become profitable too?

Racer, I'm curious how would Volleyball turn a profit? They appear to sellout pretty much all their games...I could also ask the same about Softball, how would it become profitable too?
1. Alcohol - part of the reason they're building the mini-Moody
2. More season ticket seats (ones with backs) encouraging more purchases
3. Bump up the ticket prices

Even with these revenue enhancing ideas fully implemented, the additional revenue is unlikely to fully offset travel expenses, etc. for the VB team.

4. Strippers

Of course that includes male and female, we don't want any discrimination.

It's more about the overhead than the revenue. Hard to make a profit with $20K tuition for now 16 players a semester, plus housing. Plus the road schedule, flying to Wisconsin on a Saturday and coming back Monday.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back