Texas WBB 2024-2025 Season

Not sure what to think of the field. That has to be the least impressive group as a whole for a neutral holiday tournament. Honestly, might as well just play a couple of non-NCAA tournament teams at home.
It's a bit ironic for me, because last season I was telling a friend I wish we'd enter this tournament and perhaps I'd travel to it. When I first saw the announcement, of course I got excited but then I saw the field....
👎👎

Kinda off topic, but these are the grounds of the Erwin Center. My wife works in the construction industry and she's there to inspect part of the grounds before they start building more medical buildings

erwin.jpg

Boy, that's not much yet, i.e. LSU has 17 non-conference and exhibition games scheduled. If a former national champ can finish a schedule with relative ease, why not Texas? Does everyone hate Vic's style? That being said, I know Texas has previously released its schedule as late as September 10th, so I'm not over the ledge yet!:p

Well, today is September 10th! Hoping to see the full schedule soon. While I'm sure I'll be disappointed with the home non-conference schedule, getting South Carolina, LSU, and Tennessee at home is pretty much better than any home games we've had the last 2-3 years (other than UConn).

Well, today is September 10th! Hoping to see the full schedule soon. While I'm sure I'll be disappointed with the home non-conference schedule, getting South Carolina, LSU, and Tennessee at home is pretty much better than any home games we've had the last 2-3 years (other than UConn).
Well, the 10th came and went. What the heck?

Seeing a couple more non-conference games finalized:

November 17 @ DePaul

December 17 vs La Salle

Seeing a few more non-conference games finalized:

November 29 vs New Mexico State (day after Thanksgiving at Gulf Coast Showcase in Florida)

November 30 vs winner/loser of Santa Clara and Butler (second day of Gulf Coast Showcase)

December 1 (final game at Gulf Coast Showcase)

December 8 @ James Madison (strange since we're at Notre Dame on December 5; lots of travel involved)

December 22 vs South Dakota State

Seeing a few more non-conference games finalized:

November 29 vs New Mexico State (day after Thanksgiving at Gulf Coast Showcase in Florida)

November 30 vs winner/loser of Santa Clara and Butler (second day of Gulf Coast Showcase)

December 1 (final game at Gulf Coast Showcase)

December 8 @ James Madison (strange since we're at Notre Dame on December 5; lots of travel involved)

December 22 vs South Dakota State
I'm loving that game @ JMU. It's only a couple of hours drive from me. They've got quite a non-conference schedule. Aside from us, they play NC State, Villanova, Notre Dame, and Florida. This should be a good game for our RPI.

November 13 vs Lamar

December 29 vs UT-RGV
Assuming this is our complete schedule, my question is why do we wait until 11/13 to play our first game? That irritates me... Other top programs are playing as early as 11/4.

*Edit: This must not be our finalized schedule, otherwise I believe there would have been an official release.

Last edited:
Injury updates on a few players.

Although none of the injuries sound serious, it would be great if we still had Amina Muhammad on the team. Amina really stepped up last season when Aaliyah was out at the start of the season. We will miss her talent and experience. To my knowledge, Amina was injury free during her time at Texas.

The good news is that Jordan Lee and Justice Carlton will get more minutes.

Hopefully, we will be close to a fully functioning roster by the Michigan game.

I tend to be a worry wart so I am likely fretting for nothing.

Did ya’ll pick up on the fact that Boutilier wasn’t mentioned? Is that significant? Meaningful? Would be really nice to see her as a full participant at the start of practice.

I recall in May when we saw the tweet by Danny Davis that Texas would play Michigan in Las Vegas to start the 2024 season. Not too long after that, we see that it will be South Carolina playing Michigan in Vegas and not Texas. We also find out that Texas men will play Ohio State in the night cap in that Vegas doubleheader.

I honestly don't believe Danny Davis misunderstood what he was told (by Vic, I believe). What I think could have happened is that later somebody balked about having both the Texas men and women playing a doubleheader in Vegas. Perhaps the logic was that would travel only 3 college fan bases instead of 4 college fan bases.

Hoping we found an alternate game to start the season on night one along with almost everyone else.

As I look at the non-conference schedule, I can only scratch my head. It's odd that Texas an USC played in a scrimmage last Fall in Vegas, but didn't schedule an actual game for this season; that would have been a great matchup.

- No Saturday/Sunday home games until December 22; weekends are typically when parents bring their young children

- Two Sundays in a row playing in the state of Viriginia against non-P4 conference schools? I don't get that at all; those games seem to book-end final exam week; but, strange that neither of those games is at home to reduce travel time for the players near finals.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back