Texas WBB 2024-2025 Season

FYI

GY-j14FWIAALr8m

I mean, I guess we will just have to take Vic for his word.

I know several on here don't care for the Texas Tech head coach, and don't want to play any of the Big 12 schools we left behind due to how they behaved the last few years after we announced our departure to the SEC. But, if teams like Baylor, Tech, TCU, Okie State, Kansas, etc. are willing to play us home and away, I sure hope Vic didn't turn them down. He doesn't seem like he has the leverage where he can be choosy.

Seems like some of the non-conference opponents we used to play like Stanford and Arizona are a thing of the past. Under Aston, we played at Florida State once but never got a return game from them in Austin.

I would think a head coach like Jeff Walz at Louisville would be someone who would play any program anywhere and anytime. There are not a lot of coaches who I would say that about, but he is one of them.
I agree wholeheartedly. It makes no sense for us not to play former Big 12 opponents if they are willing... especially teams in close proximity like Baylor, Tech, Houston, and TCU. Now that SMU has joined the ACC, that would be a good one to schedule also for the RPI.

While trying to get stronger programs to come to Austin for non-conference games is the goal for fans, it all comes down to having a strong RPI and SOS. Vic might have to get creative and start discussions with the cities of Houston and Dallas to host some type of 4-6 teams double/triple headers.

Maybe have Texas, Baylor, and Oklahoma play in Dallas or Fort Worth (Dickey's Arena) against out-of-state teams who want to try to build some recruiting in-roads in the metroplex.

Maybe have Texas, Texas A&M, and Baylor play in Houston against some out-of-state programs.

We see the East coast cities in New York and New Jersey host some marquee matchups with teams from across the country, and the same for Las Vegas. Florida cities hosting Thanksgiving tournaments. No reason Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio can't do something similar; but, Vic and CDC are going to have to push that agenda as we're the strongest program in the state of Texas at this time.

I for one am glad not to play all those old B12 teams again. Perhaps one or two a year. The expanded B12 is meh. The SEC schedule seems fresh and new. Who wants to see Horns play West Virginia or Kansas again? It’s certainly more challenging. I always loved playing Iowa State and Fennelly so I vote for that one. At this point, I’m so desperate for women’s basketball, I’ll welcome the three word directional schools to Moody.

I for one am glad not to play all those old B12 teams again. Perhaps one or two a year. The expanded B12 is meh. The SEC schedule seems fresh and new. Who wants to see Horns play West Virginia or Kansas again? It’s certainly more challenging. I always loved playing Iowa State and Fennelly so I vote for that one. At this point, I’m so desperate for women’s basketball, I’ll welcome the three word directional schools to Moody.

I think most of us are referring to the non-conference schedule. And, yes, I'd rather see us play Kansas or West Virginia instead of Tarleton State, UTRGV, and Lamar. And, those games help more than they would hurt our RPI/SOS like a Tarleton State.

I don't have an issue playing KSU or ISU, but those 2 head coaches have complained the loudest publicly about playing against Vic's defense and how it stops what they call "freedom of movement" in basketball. I doubt they'll ever want to play Texas again while Vic's in charge.

I think most of us are referring to the non-conference schedule. And, yes, I'd rather see us play Kansas or West Virginia instead of Tarleton State, UTRGV, and Lamar. And, those games help more than they would hurt our RPI/SOS like a Tarleton State.

I don't have an issue playing KSU or ISU, but those 2 head coaches have complained the loudest publicly about playing against Vic's defense and how it stops what they call "freedom of movement" in basketball. I doubt they'll ever want to play Texas again while Vic's in charge.
All good points. From a coaching standpoint in the B12, I’ll bet most if not all coaches are glad not to play Texas. Perhaps from a revenue perspective they’ll miss that. Eventually, games against the state schools like Baylor, TCU, TTech will return. It’ll take time….lots of time. Things are too raw right now. Yea….i heard Fennelly’s comments….however, I like his style and the way he coaches and the players he recruits. So always a good game vs ISU. All that’s ok. In a few short months, we’ll find new tough games, new rivalries, and things I can whine about. Hook ‘Em. By the way…..today’s my 78th birthday and my UT profs might be surprised I lived this long. I walked 5 miles in the heat today so maybe I can see a few more years of Horns bball.

All good points. From a coaching standpoint in the B12, I’ll bet most if not all coaches are glad not to play Texas. Perhaps from a revenue perspective they’ll miss that. Eventually, games against the state schools like Baylor, TCU, TTech will return. It’ll take time….lots of time. Things are too raw right now. Yea….i heard Fennelly’s comments….however, I like his style and the way he coaches and the players he recruits. So always a good game vs ISU. All that’s ok. In a few short months, we’ll find new tough games, new rivalries, and things I can whine about. Hook ‘Em. By the way…..today’s my 78th birthday and my UT profs might be surprised I lived this long. I walked 5 miles in the heat today so maybe I can see a few more years of Horns bball.
¡Feliz Cumplinos Flash y Bucksgal! ¡Que' los cumplan feliz!

I've been searching for Vic's media availability on Youtube and Texaslonghorns.com and hadn't been able to find it until now on the revamped Longhorn Network.

The reason why Texas is starting the season on Nov. 10 and not Nov. 4 is to give Rori more time to return. But if Texas had a game tomorrow, Rori would be fine to play.

Rori ran a 6:05 mile.

Vic's best lineup might be a 4-guard line up with Rori, Booker, Laila, and Shay.

Jordana has had a great summer.

Jordan, Jordana, and Shay ran the mile about 5:25.

Bryanna Preston is going to be Rori on steroids.

Abbie Boutilier was injured in an accident on her scooter and is not practicing right now.

Shaylee won the Newcomer of the Year in the professional Mexican league. She was not a low maintenance player, she was a no maintenance player.

Kyra is not practicing right now. She's currently injured and limited.

Glad to see we now also have a game @ Richmond. I'll be able to make that one as well. Hmmm... why the sudden interest in playing on the road in Virginia (JMU and Richmond)?? Maybe we are targeting a recruit in the area. Could it be the 6-8 kid in the 2026 class who goes to high school in Norfolk?
🤔

And here she is . . .

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-OU *
Sat, Oct 12 • 2:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back