Texas WBB 2024-2025 Season

Tory Teykl, new Director of Operations for WBB is the Aunt, but is the USC reference a re-do of last year's closed door scrimmage?

Yeah, I saw that's who she is. USC must have been who we scrimmaged today.

It makes me scratch my head that these two teams will go through the travel expenses of scheduling closed scrimmages against each other 2 seasons in a row, but can't find a date to schedule each other in an actual non-conference game which TV would gobble up and provide both programs great exposure and help their strength of schedule.

Yeah, I saw that's who she is. USC must have been who we scrimmaged today.

It makes me scratch my head that these two teams will go through the travel expenses of scheduling closed scrimmages against each other 2 seasons in a row, but can't find a date to schedule each other in an actual non-conference game which TV would gobble up and provide both programs great exposure and help their strength of schedule.
It's a tad bit cowardly that many top teams don't want to risk an official early season loss to a defense they'll never see again all year.

UCONN didn't seem to mind the last two seasons. Geno sees the upside of preparing his team for March, in addition to the points you raise.

Tory Teykl, new Director of Operations for WBB is the Aunt, but is the USC reference a re-do of last year's closed door scrimmage?
Wow, I never pay attention to the comings and going at the level of operations for most sports. Tekyl's name is familiar to me as she "came in" with Tom Herman.

Looks like she replaced Christy Smith. And since I couldn't pick Smith out of a crowd, essentially nothing has changed - except I remember Teykl's name.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-VANDERBILT *
Sat, Oct 26 • 3:15 PM on SECN

Recent Threads

Back