Texas WBB 2024-2025 Season

Jaq has always been an intriguing player. She has a shooter’s-scorer’s mentality. A team needs a player like that. Better decision making on that should be noticeable in her year 3. Her intermediate game seems to be where she is more a threat but isn’t hesitant on BTA and close in. Her length is a positive defensively as long as she doesn’t have to go WAY outside to pick up a quick player. It would be great to see her take a big improvement this year. You’re correct…..seems to not be on everyone’s mind…..hope to see her force us to talk more about her game.

Impressive television schedule with games on FOX and ABC in addition to ESPN

GZjJfPBXAAokypG

A couple of things I agree with yal on Jak she has to play this year and the few clips I’ve seen I seen her work on the block like she gonna play some 4 this year cause we are little thin on the block. Teams that have top heavy give out at the end because in the tournament everything shrinks and scouts are spot on and you are who you are. For example Iowa, LSU, USC, and us last year had a star Juju Angel Booker and Clark had trouble with teams. If we plan on making it to final 4 and beyond this year our bench play and options 4-8 have to be good. Scouts and playing at Texas you gonna get everybody beat game. South Carolina has DAWGS OFF THE BENCH and so does ucla and UConn and USC now. To get to the final 4 we need legit 8-10 deep like can come off the bench and lead us in scoring type of production.

Madi and Rori mentioned in preseason individual honors. Hopefully when all is said and done they'll be talking about A-Mo, Phelia, and a few others also.

I don't think I've ever seen 3 players tied for pre-season POY, but glad Madi was one of them.

Preseason AP poll has us at #4. Charlie Creme's article states that our "biggest early game" is December 22nd against South Dakota State but we play Notre Dame December 5th. He's such an ill-informed idiot... I can't believe ESPN still pays him to report on women's basketball.

Preseason AP poll has us at #4. Charlie Creme's article states that our "biggest early game" is December 22nd against South Dakota State but we play Notre Dame December 5th. He's such an ill-informed idiot... I can't believe ESPN still pays him to report on women's basketball.

Perhaps he thinks Texas will roll all over ND, no problemo!:D

Hmmm. Just in time for Sunday's game.

I'm confused with some recent things I read/heard. When Vic was speaking with the local media, I thought he said that he couldn't find/convince a team to play us around November 4th even at their place. He said one school didn't even have a game scheduled (and might not have ever found one), but didn't want to play Texas.

At the SEC media days yesterday, the commentators on SEC Network said that Vic didn't schedule the first game for Texas until November 10th because he wanted Rori to be available the first game of the season.

Did I get that wrong?

No one is happier for Harmon's return than Booker, who has dropped 20 pounds (by giving up fast food and sweets) to help her get up and down the floor as the Longhorns look to wear opponents out with their running, pressing style.

"Madi [Booker] has shown incredible discipline and sacrifice in changing her body to give her all for her team," said fifth-year senior guard Shay Holle, a member of the Big 12's All-Defensive Team last season.

I'm confused with some recent things I read/heard. When Vic was speaking with the local media, I thought he said that he couldn't find/convince a team to play us around November 4th even at their place. He said one school didn't even have a game scheduled (and might not have ever found one), but didn't want to play Texas.

At the SEC media days yesterday, the commentators on SEC Network said that Vic didn't schedule the first game for Texas until November 10th because he wanted Rori to be available the first game of the season.

Did I get that wrong?
No, but Vic was speaking of official games/opponents.

This Sunday's (10/13) game is the equivalent of last year's "closed game/scrimmage" against Southern Cal, which Texas won on the scoreboard. I don't know this year's opponent or where it is being played, but we can assume it is Top 10 team that does not wish to publicise the outcome.

I assume Rori was cleared sooner than she and the staff expected, which is great news.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back