Texas WBB 2024-2025 Season

So Jack isn't even listed as a " key bench player" ? SMH...
So far she has only provided key minutes a few times. I root like crazy for her to become a very successful player for us, but she has more work to do and younger players who may surpass her in the competition for playing time.

So far she has only provided key minutes a few times. I root like crazy for her to become a very successful player for us, but she has more work to do and younger players who may surpass her in the competition for playing time.

Oh I agree. Hense the SMH. Seemes like 1 step forward 2 steps backward.
Was hoping she would be further along in her development.

Oh I agree. Hense the SMH. Seemes like 1 step forward 2 steps backward.
Was hoping she would be further along in her development.
Positive things I noticed last season from Jak:
-Much better strength - she clearly takes the weight room regimen seriously
-Better patience when she has the ball - the game slowed down from her Frosh campaign, but an area still begging for further improvement
-Better shot selection - related to point #2. Here, however, I think she is still pressing due to the lack of minutes in which to prove herself
-Better defense - this may be the area which will earn her more PT this year. She did a pretty good job most of the time staying with her assignment, and offered the harassment Vic likes to see

On an Overreaction Monday, my extra strength coffee isn’t enough. Need a sports fix. Olympics sunset, Rangers toast, Cowboys typical, no basketball till October, high school volleyball with grandaughter tonight, but this week is geared up to be a nothing. So somebody, anybody, give us a women’s college basketball update…..please. It’s gone silent. No recruiting, injury reports, practice or rehab updates. Certainly there is something going on…..somewhere. Help my monday.

Positive things I noticed last season from Jak:
-Much better strength - she clearly takes the weight room regimen seriously
-Better patience when she has the ball - the game slowed down from her Frosh campaign, but an area still begging for further improvement
-Better shot selection - related to point #2. Here, however, I think she is still pressing due to the lack of minutes in which to prove herself
-Better defense - this may be the area which will earn her more PT this year. She did a pretty good job most of the time staying with her assignment, and offered the harassment Vic likes to see
She’s my sleeper pick for impact player. I think she played extremely well at the end of the season. Although her shot selection can be questionable at times her ability to guard 1-5 will put her on the floor. Not to mention she is great at finishing around the rim which we seemed to struggle with all last season. She will definitely get more minutes this year especially with the departure of Gaston and Muhammad!

It sure would be refreshing….and add tremendous value if it ALL comes together for Jak this year. The comments were right on. Love her length on perimeter defensively. I’ve always loved what extra a lefty brings. And one undeniable fact is that she has that unwavering confidence that a shooter has. Getting that harnessed along with improvements mentioned might lead to a break-out year. I’m rooting for her.

It sure would be refreshing….and add tremendous value if it ALL comes together for Jak this year. The comments were right on. Love her length on perimeter defensively. I’ve always loved what extra a lefty brings. And one undeniable fact is that she has that unwavering confidence that a shooter has. Getting that harnessed along with improvements mentioned might lead to a break-out year. I’m rooting for her.
I agree with all, except I don't think she's a lefty.

There’s always a 90% chance I’m wrong on any subject. So Jak being a lefty or righty is in that sweet spot. On an overreaction Friday, I need some expert opinions/observations. I’ve been seeing lefty for years. If forced to testify, I would still say lefty but she can use her right hand pretty good. Cant find anything easily on internet on this. Anybody want to enter into the fray? I refuse to go look at her high school videos but they’re out there. It sure is slow on WBB front to be discussing this. Clarification please from others. I can be convinced either way.

There’s always a 90% chance I’m wrong on any subject. So Jak being a lefty or righty is in that sweet spot. On an overreaction Friday, I need some expert opinions/observations. I’ve been seeing lefty for years. If forced to testify, I would still say lefty but she can use her right hand pretty good. Cant find anything easily on internet on this. Anybody want to enter into the fray? I refuse to go look at her high school videos but they’re out there. It sure is slow on WBB front to be discussing this. Clarification please from others. I can be convinced either way.

She's definitely a righty. It's easy to get that confused because she finishes so well with both hands around the rim, and she almost always finishes with the left hand on the left side. Fundamentally she has been taught VERY well. Mom should be proud!

Watch any replay. See which hand she uses for free throws.

Random musing Sunday.

I would be shocked if UConn was not in the championship game. If El Alfy is healthy, which seems likely, no team has more talent.

I got to admit Jak’s a righty. Really uses left hand well. And comfortable and not forced using left hand. I now remember a lot of discussion about this while still a recruit. I’m ok with her shooting two handed if her shot efficiency increases this year. Hook Em

Hit the Hook Em hand signal at the bottom of a post and it will bring up a selection of responses you can click on
Horn I don't see the "HookEm" signal at the bottom of any post. Do you think I have error in my app?

Hit the Hook Em hand signal at the bottom of a post and it will bring up a selection of responses you can cd

Don't have the "Hook Em: hand signal nor can I edit a post. Plus I'm getting pop up city with every page.

Problems just seem to gravitate towards Sedona Prince regardless of where she attends school . . .

I ended up seeing the entire series of videos her ex girlfriend posted on tik tok and I'm not understanding the outrage. Sounds like there was definitely some major problems before they left for the trip and everything went south from there. Arguments, drunken debauchery, etc. I'm guessing this wasn't a one way street, but the videos weren't even very convincing to me with crocodile tears and all. Not a Prince fan at all, but the "cancel Sedona" thing going on is odd to me.

I ended up seeing the entire series of videos her ex girlfriend posted on tik tok and I'm not understanding the outrage. Sounds like there was definitely some major problems before they left for the trip and everything went south from there. Arguments, drunken debauchery, etc. I'm guessing this wasn't a one way street, but the videos weren't even very convincing to me with crocodile tears and all. Not a Prince fan at all, but the "cancel Sedona" thing going on is odd to me.
Who said cancel? We're just noting the constant drama associated with her.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back