Texas-Vanderbilt Game Thread

Watching the Aggies tonight and thinking that we will be in trouble with a sitting duck QB.
The Aggies are mean, hungry, and dirty. No way Ewers comes out of that game healthy, probably on a stretcher as cheap as the Aggies are. They remind me of Schnellenberger's teams - cheap shot em into submission and the scoreboard will take care of itself.

Our OL will be destroyed.

SMU trying their best to lose Between their QB, Nussmeier (sp) & Ewers, I'm about to give up on all QBs. NFL better start grooming it's own.

Last edited:
Why did I get up this morning feeling like Texas lost that game yesterday? Sark keeps saying we need to correct the penalties and mistakes, yet they only keep getting worse. That's a sign of poor coaching.

And I get sick and tired of hearing, but "IF" this didn't happen, it woulda been a blowout. When you keep doing the same stupid $%*& over and over again, it not an exception, it's the rule.

There is way too much talent for Texas to be playing like this. The reasons are obvious and in no particular order of concern.

1. QE is simply not the quarterback he has been made out to be. His draft stock has plummeted from last year and any talk of him being a Heisman candidate is laughable.
2. The OL has been terrible in the last two games. Why? We're saddled by an immobile and frightened QB who can't keep plays alive, our right tackle is not performing and penalties are killing us.
3. The kicking game with a particular emphasis on our punter. I mentioned this before the season began questioning why Sark did not acquire a proven punter through the portal.
4. Perhaps the most concerning is the attitude being expressed by the team. We come across as being lethargic and almost uncaring. This clearly suggests we have some leadership issues (both coaches and players.

Like several other posters have mentioned, if these problems aren't turned around there may be multiple losses ahead on our schedule.

Texas would have lost this game in Sarks first two years (remember Tech, OU etc). Texas is their worst enemy (drive killing penalties) and thank god the D has stepped up. Their one loss is to likely the best team in the country.

Having said that, the elephant in the room is Ewers. aggy made a change last night, arguably against a terrible LSU D, but changed the entire game.

I guess I trust in Sark more than you. I don’t think he’ll lay blame on the O-line. He’s more of a “ buck stops with me” kinda Coach and he’ll correct the O-line, and all other aspects. If not, we’re in trouble imo.
Don't you think if Sark could correct the debacle that is our OL he would have done it last week?

I trust Sark a great deal. I have lost a great deal of trust in the O line
I like Sark. I like that he doesn't throw anyone under the bus publicly. But I really hope that's his public persona and that behind closed doors with the team he is not afraid to rip them apart. The penalties are nothing more than laziness coupled with stupidity. If it's more important to you to put a crushing late hit on a QB than it is to win the game, get the hell out of here.

This team is good, but not championship quality yet. I think we have lots of talent and a great culture. Just think we are a year or two away.
How many years are we going to hear 'a year or two away'? This was supposed to be THE year but Sark insists on sticking with a wounded duck...

A few years ago we would have lost yesterday’s game in the B12. Now we are winning these games in the mighty SEC? See the difference? On second thought, never mind.

So, I've been restrained with my comments on Ewers play. I've only said a couple of times he doesn't have "IT". I still stand by that. I want him to succeed!

However, I'm very conflicted REALLY stating on HF some thoughts and opinions on him.

Nobody cares about my .02. My opinion won't fix anything but just piss off some posters. So I won't comment, for now.

I see serious trouble ahead....
We’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to ewers.
At this stage of his college career, I expect him to be nearing greatness
For whatever reasons, that hasn’t happened as of yet, and time is running out. Is that due to the fact the offensive line isn’t living up to snuff? The quality and athletic abilities of conference teams is evidently much better than the non-conference opponents. Are our position coaches being out coached in their preparation during the week?
Are necessary adjustments not being made during games?
It’s not all on Quinn, but being quarterback of the greatest university in America, he takes the brunt of the criticism.
I look at Dillon Gabriel and see what he’s doing, and has done. There doesn’t appear to be a drop off in his game performance. Why is that?

I’m rambling on and on. Sorry about that. I do have a captive audience of 3 pets. My dogs are probably thinking I’d wish he’d finish his rants and just get us another treat.
No matter what, I’ll be front and center in two weeks cheering on my Longhorns.
Hook ‘Em!!!

I've was tarred and feathered on this board 4 weeks ago about how this offense SUX! Ewers is NOT the guy! Our offensive line is wayyyyy Overrated and how can all these 5 star WR not get open? Ever?? Is Jahontay Cook in witness protection? and the penalties?

Good Grief!

Is it really Quinn though? At some point yesterday I think he was like 17/17 on completions. He’s not very mobile but occasionally breaks a decent run for a first down.
IMO, It’s the lousy special teams, turnovers, penalties and lack of intensity on offense.

I miss Donnie Little and his unstoppable naked bootlegs. With our current receivers and his legs we would have no problems

Last edited:
Is it really Quinn though? At some point yesterday I think he was like 17/17 on completions. He’s not very mobile but occasionally breaks a decent run for a first down.
But, how many of those were meaningful downfield passes. Swing passes at the line of scrimmage and hoping to break loose with YAC is GDGD-esque.

So where is the blame to be placed for not being able to generate points after turnovers? How many times has our defense given the O the ball in great field position with zero points out of it? That’s disturbing.

Quinn got sacked several times due to blown assignments and it was not close to workable. Quinn covered the ball and took the obvious hit. Others would have sent it airborne and taken a chance we could not afford. Quinn's stats were pretty good. Penalties are a problem with over 100 yards. Still seemed like Vandy got the benefit of the doubt on their "holding" v ours. Same with OU.

The Aggies are mean, hungry, and dirty. No way Ewers comes out of that game healthy, probably on a stretcher as cheap as the Aggies are. They remind me of Schnellenberger's teams - cheap shot em into submission and the scoreboard will take care of itself.

I think he did a little drinking on game day sideline.

I am happy for the win but it almost feels like a loss. Rather embarrassing. The mental mistakes and penalties made me glad I'm bald so I couldn't pull my hair out. We had chances to bury them and make a statement. Where was the killer instinct. Good thing the D was basically solid. Coach Flood has a lot of work to do on this open week.

IMO, It’s the lousy special teams, turnovers, penalties and lack of intensity on offense.

I miss the Donnie Little and his unstoppable naked bootlegs. With our current receivers and his legs we would have no problems
Donnie Little could change direction as good as anyone I’ve ever seen.
That Dickinson Gator was a good one for sure. #1

I miss the Donnie Little and his unstoppable naked bootlegs. With our current receivers and his legs we would have no problems
You are giving your age. Donnie Little of tie Dickinson Gators. He was a great athlete. And they have not forgotten him.

I always thought those Heisman boys of OU were too short to be great. In watching them I notice that they overcame their height in the pocket by setting up deep. Yesterday when Ewers did that he seem to see the field better and was effective. I am no quarterback whisperer but some of you smart guys are…..your thoughts?

You are giving your age. Donnie Little of tie Dickinson Gators. He was a great athlete. And they have not forgotten him.

I always thought those Heisman boys of OU were too short to be great. In watching them I notice that they overcame their height in the pocket by setting up deep. Yesterday when Ewers did that he seem to see the field better and was effective. I am no quarterback whisperer but some of you smart guys are…..your thoughts?
When the line is giving up too many sacks QB mobility is paramount. No knock on QE…our line was supposed to be very good this year. A lack of a power running game is hurting QE as well.

We know the Aggies will be at their late hitting, nut punching, eye gouging peak frenzy against us. Lock down the pre-game hotel and food test the breakfast as well.

I wonder if Sark has any real understanding of what this "rivalry" is really like.

We know the Aggies will be at their late hitting, nut punching, eye gouging peak frenzy against us. Lock down the pre-game hotel and food test the breakfast as well.

I wonder if Sark has any real understanding of what this "rivalry" is really like.
Better protect yourself at all times. Aggy will definitely hit you late. Cheap shot artists for sure.
I don’t see how #5 wasn’t ejected or at least not penalized for all his borderline after the whistle play against LSU.

Recent Threads

Back