Texas-Vanderbilt Game Thread

I like it. But I also appreciate different opinions and perspectives from my own. It helps me think better. Some people don't value that and call people with an opinion different than their own a certain name.
I agree that our b*tching gets a little over zealous at times, but why have a board like this if we aren't allowed to vent a little and play Monday morning quarterback? I joke frequently about the wealth of information that our coaching staff could tap into here if they would just drop in once in a while!
At the end of the day, we all bleed Burnt Orange and wish nothing but great things for our 'horns.

I look at this way, this Texas team is a really good football team with an abundance of talent, resources and coaches. Therefore, when they execute poorly throughout the game, its exceptionally frustrating. The D is playing lights out and I give them a ton of credit. Ewers looks tentative and indecisive which is hurting the offensive and making the play calling predictable ala Greg Davis' nonsense. The O-line missed several blocks in the interior during the game which should not be happening this late in the year. Also, mental errors like running out the opening kickoff and getting a holding call, so you start from the 7 yrd line instead of the 25. Finally, Sark's game management at the end of the 1st half was something from a 7th grade PE teacher. So yeah, I am disappointed in not putting away an scrappy, but inferior opponent. This team is full of talented young men who want to win and execute to the best of their ability, so the coaches have to ensure it get done, since they are the professionals and grown men.

I didn't have a problem with the time management at the end of the first half. The punting was the problem there as we had a 23 yard punt giving them the ball around the 35 or so instead of a half decent punt pinning them around the 15-20.

Sark did not have good time management on Texas last scoring drive. He called a pass on second down which stopped the clock before the 2-minute warning. If he calls a run on second down, you have the clock stopping at 2:00 and another run after that and Vandy has to burn a timeout before kicking the fg. Instead, Vandy got the clock stopped by the 2-minute warning before Texas kicked the fg.

Recent Threads

Back