Texas High School Football

VY,

Diane has always been a beautiful, elegant lady, but don't make her mad.
She altogether looks like a Neptune. Ebbie had striking light blue eyes like a Viking and one might not have wanted to mess with him either. He was a great guy.

Coach Neptune was the lineman’s coach under Dabbs at the beginning of WHS. While I had little coaching from him as a CB..the only time he said anything to me was one time when he suggested that I should cut my toe nails.

Last edited:
T minus 48 hours until realignment is posted on the UIL site.

Desoto seems to be staying mum on whether or not they're applying to stay 6A.

UIL 2024-2026 Reclassification and Realignment

Seems like they went with a lot more 9-team districts this year, especially in the burbs.

DeSoto made the right call. It's far better to have competitive 6A teams instead of one dominant 5A team (*cough* Aledo *cough*).

Southlake gets back with the mid-cities teams.

Highland Park got screwed with their travel distances due to fudging their #'s to go back to 5A. The closest team to them in 7-5A is an hour away.

Last year's 5A-II state championship is now located entirely within Region 2. Regions 3-4 are utter crap and will get destroyed in the eventual state championship.

PNG's new district is primarily two hours away. While I didn't live it, at one time about 70 years ago, their district was Conroe, Aldine, Texas City, Freeport, Galveston, & I believe Orange was in that district. NO FREEWAYS! My dad had a 49 Mercury with twin spotlights traveling old Hwy 90 & 105, but i was told that old flathead engine would crank up to 135/140.

Didn't realize Cleveland had grown to a 6-A school.....wow.
My guess is a large influx of undocumented students. It was 6-A last year and the football program clearly was not anywhere near ready for 6-A. I am pretty sure they lost most of their district games by 30+ points.

Highland Park got screwed with their travel distances due to fudging their #'s to go back to 5A. The closest team to them in 7-5A is an hour away.
It would be interesting to see a list of those 5 students who "moved out of the district/quit school" before Enrollment Day, and when they moved/rejoined school.

The UIL is on to them, but evidently moving them to a travel-heavy district is all they can do. The issue is travel expenses for HP are a non-issue.

It would be interesting to see a list of those 5 students who "moved out of the district/quit school" before Enrollment Day, and when they moved/rejoined school.

The UIL is on to them, but evidently moving them to a travel-heavy district is all they can do. The issue is travel expenses for HP are a non-issue.

I still think they appeal based on geography. 6-5A literally creates a "horseshoe" around Highland Park in order to get the Mesquite schools in there.

The usual suspects….
1723775010055.png

We're still the "state-sanctioned" holdouts in terms of having community schools be the best form of HS football. Not sure how much longer it'll last, but I'll love it as long as it does.

How did Atascocita get great at football? No other school (older too) in Humble ISD has been good in the past 30 years - maybe ever.

How did Atascocita get great at football? No other school (older too) in Humble ISD has been good in the past 30 years - maybe ever.

They hired Craig Stump, another Ronnie Thompson disciple who followed Todd at TJ. Big Aggie but a really good coach.

Humble ISD has been in civil war for 40 years. Old Humble will never recognize Kingwood as part of "Humble" (bunch of damn foreigners). When the old HC at Willowridge passed on through Aldine to Humble ISD as Assistant AD, he hired that worthless piece of crap from Port Arthur as HC. (The guy that covered up the four felony convictions of his four star safety and let him back on team each time.) Asst AD then went and hired Stump from Westbrook as HC and began the process of gerrymandering athletes to Atascocita away from Humble HS.

This is a school district that protected an assistant football coach from public scrutiny for having affairs with multiple (6+) HS girls. It was ok because he divorced his wife and married the last one after she got pregnant at 16. To my limited knowledge, he no longer coaches but is still teaching.

Story will continue as supplement to "As the World Turns".

Under Coach Mosley they were always good, but there was only one HS in Humble and one for "foreigners" in Kingwood. Ironic that the company that put Humble "on the map" was the developers/owners of Kingwood but has always been rejected by "old Humble". The influx of families fleeing Kashmere, Smiley, Wheatley, north Aldine is what has made Atascocita formidable. Also, there is the issue of Bordersville.

Kashmere, Smiley, & Forest Brook are no more, and Aldine McArthur is a shadow of its former self.

FWIW, Coach Mosley's son Mark is still the best QB the Aggies ever had, except for that one problem that kept his OL from doing their jobs.

Sidebar, Coach Mosley retired and contracted that same terrible disease that Dr Ralph Smith at Hyde Park Baptist got. Mosley moved to Austin, but while Dr Smith recovered after a lengthy illness, Coach Mosley was not so fortunate.

Just noticed "Bixby" on Top 10 list. Jim Ross must be in charge of HS NIL and screening for future rasslers.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back