Random Season News

This is an ugly year for RBs in the draft, which means it'll also be ugly for NFL veterans trying to get that 2nd or 3rd contract.

Brooks was a good one for us and I hate to see him go,I believe that will allow us to keep the srable of good running backs we have.We should ve set at that position.

I see Blue being the starter next year. He was one of the few who played without hesitation in the sugar bowl.
Blue has toughness and explosive speed. That can’t be coached. He is clearly our best RB.
CJ is second team in my opinion and needs more improvement.
I will really miss Brooks, that guy could blaze through the defense with no blocking at times, that is rare.
Good luck to him in the NFL!

We used a lot of two-back sets on Monday ight. I have no problem with that, regardless of 1st or 2nd strings. COULD help with pass pro on blitzes or chipping a guy on a route to the flat.

Man, I hate to see him go. He is so damn good and if he would have had an entire year as the starting tailback there is no telling how many yards, and TD's he would have had.

I do understand why he decided to head to the NFL. I wish him only the best.
Or maybe he blows out his other knee.
Or the same one again.
And how many touches would he get with Blue coming on and Baxter in his second year?
Might as well get under contract as he heals and gets ready for training camp.

Smart move by Brooks, running backs just arent valued like they once were and they have limited shelf lives these days so extra years in college have almost no upside if you are going to be drafted in the first 3-4 rounds because you arent going to increase your value that much anyway. He will be drafted and shouldnt fall below the third round so the move just makes sense.

Smart move by Brooks, running backs just arent valued like they once were and they have limited shelf lives these days so extra years in college have almost no upside if you are going to be drafted in the first 3-4 rounds because you arent going to increase your value that much anyway. He will be drafted and shouldnt fall below the third round so the move just makes sense.
Best of luck to him. If he will indeed be ready by training camp then I think it’s a smart move. He gets to live out his dream and I wish nothing but the best for him! I would have liked to see him get more action in the Burnt Orange but I totally get his decision. He was fun to watch this year!!!

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back