Random Season News

IT wrote this morning that there are rumors floating around that Barron is close to returning for another year, however they can't confirm anything other than he's talking things over with those close to him to make the best decision possible.

They believe it's better to assume he's gone, but this could boil down to what kind of draft feedback he's receiving and he has until January 15th to declare.

It was also mentioned Sark does an excellent job of pitching potential draftees who should probably come back to the team.

The recent addition of Mukuba could also help here.

Moon,

Who wrote that ****, "arguably the best TE in program history"? Thamel? Zimmit (who the hell is he?) Has the author ever been to Memorial Stadium?

The chorus you here is Maurice Doak, Pete Lammons, Lawrence Sampleton, David Thomas (my choice) among others.

Sanders has been an outstanding contributor and teammate. He has been clutch, and I'm sorry that he's leaving, but Top 5. maybe; top ten almost assuredly.

upload_2024-1-6_18-44-57.png

Seems unlikely to me. We’ve lost too many great players and they aren’t being replaced by equivalent players. That coupled with the difficulty of schedule, looks to me like possibly a step back next season. Sorry.
I agree. The 12 team playoff makes it even more difficult. Instead of having to win 2 games in a 4 team playoff, teams now have to win a minimum of 3 (if you are a top 4 seed) or even 4 games if you are seeded 5-12 against top competition. That is no easy task for anyone.

I’m really excited about the 12 team playoff next year. It will make the bowl season so much more fun and competitive to watch. The downside is that the “best” team can easily be knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. Similar to the basketball tourney, I think it will be about matchups and which team gets hot at the right time (or stays the healthiest come playoff time).

Seems unlikely to me. We’ve lost too many great players and they aren’t being replaced by equivalent players. That coupled with the difficulty of schedule, looks to me like possibly a step back next season. Sorry.
Still some good options in the portal and Sark has been good at filling the gaps. This year's Freshmen will step up too, and maybe some true Freshmen.

The schedule will be the biggest factor in keeping Texas out of the CFP.

Another year wiuld help him.
cnb, I think we could say that about most of the players who leave a year early. Another year of college football would give them the opportunity to refine their football skills, as well as improve their physical fitness and strength. Granted, several of the guys turning to the NFL early are draft-ready - but many players have an inflated view of their value and would benefit from another year. Just my opinion.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back