Random Season News

FSU is one of the "top TV brands"?

FSU that travels like Rice?

FSU, whose fans knowledge of the game ranks with State Penn, Colorado, & everyone in the ACC as the least knowledgeable fans I've ever been around?

Florida normal school for women, that dumped on the only coach that ever brought them respect, recognition, and championships?

I thought the world of Coach Bowden, but I don't see FSU (can't fill Doak Campbell for a game for the conference championship) as being a huge TV draw unless they play ND or the convicts or the Gators (they will fill the stadium).

They were a great option for the Big XII because that put the conference in the middle of SEC country.

Last edited:

What makes you think that FSU may not have coincidentally bumped into SEC people while waiting for their latte at Starbucks?

FSU doesn't have the fall back option they had when "Pappa John" was running Loserville. FSU had the same offer from Smith & Memphis. Is Smith even still alive? Another reason for his offer was that his son was Memphis QB back then.

Read the first six pages…interesting arguments.
It appears FSU is blaming the ACC for rates set by the market. ACC has no control over market rates. FSU did have an option not to sign the agreement in 2016. But they did, now to their chagrin. Eat it *******.

So the gist of the issue is that FSU signed an agreement for 20 years with a conference that after 7 years is apparently now paid less than other conferences, but now want out of it? Also, FSU missing the CFP is a ******** reason. FSU was going to file this lawsuit in next 1-2 years even if they were in the CFP this year.

If SMU can come up with half a billion in less than a week, surely FSU can some up with that in a few months; or maybe NOT!

If SMU can come up with half a billion in less than a week, surely FSU can some up with that in a few months; or maybe NOT!
I don't think the donation jar (aka Bank of America) left at Mockingbird and Preston for SMU will make an appearance for FSU.

Last edited:
Free Shoes U. aka FL Normal for Women... is a relative newcomer to NCAA D-1 ball.

Bowden was a gift to that program. Jimbo was a 1 and done flash in the pan due to Jamis Winston extraordinary season.

Now FSU looking for deep pockets to pay the MAN and for love and relevancy anywhere.

My sons and I were fortunate to run into Arch this afternoon on campus. He was really gracious and spent a few minutes talking with us. Not surprisingly, my feeling was that he is a polite and nice guy. Great representative of Texas.

OU, Aggy, and possibly LSU imploding since start of the 2022 season.
I heard this from a reputable media member I'd actually heard of once before in my life. I think it was Bud Elliot who's part of the cover 3 podcast team. So I'll give it an outside shot of being true. Sounds a lot like just credible enough to be worth throwing against the wall.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back