Random Season News

Yes, a Collin County HS stadium arms race....

I voted against the bond election and the big tax increase for the McKinney ISD stadium.

Obviously it passed anyway. The 3 HS in McKinney were overdue for a new stadium from old, small, little parking Ron Poe stadium.

However, many thought they could have been far more frugal than $70 MM pricetag for that new stadium!

Last edited:
Yes, a Collin County HS stadium arms race....

I voted against the bond election and the big tax increase for the McKinney ISD stadium.

Obviously it passed anyway. The 3 HS in McKinney were overdue for a new stadium from old, small, little parking Ron Poe stadium.

However, many thought they could have been far more frugal than $70 MM pricetag for that new stadium!
Well you're either misinformed or shuffling dollars and cents around in your world, because the 2016 bond election for the McKinney ISD stadium reduced the tax rate by 4.5 cents/mil. Maybe you're upset about the budget overrun, but that's another issue.

Well you're either misinformed or shuffling dollars and cents around in your world, because the 2016 bond election for the McKinney ISD stadium reduced the tax rate by 4.5 cents/mil. Maybe you're upset about the budget overrun, but that's another issue.

Perhaps. However, I don't remember a Collin County ISD tax decrease that year, but it has been 8 years and I've slept since then.

All I recall at the time was the cost of the McKinney stadium was estimated to increase the average tax payer annual tax bill by approx. $400. My increase was way higher than the average and I voted NO.

Last edited:
Perhaps. However, I don't remember a ISD tax decrease that year, but it has been 8 years and I've slept since then. All I recall was the cost of the McKinney stadium was estimated to increase the average tax payer annual tax bill by approx. $400.
It’s possible you could both be right. Meaning that an increase in property values offset any decrease in the county tax rate resulting in a higher tax bill regardless. I lived in fort bend county for over 20 years and they were constantly lowering the tax rate (being fiscally responsible) because property values were skyrocketing.

LC
The subject is very sad but I like that you posted it.
I also like your new avatar. It is cool creepy
And I don't think "choose wisely " everytime I see it

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back