Random Season News

"Horns Down"....Geez! Do it.....Don't do it.....I really DO NOT care! With the environments we're about to walk into, grow a pair and embrace the hate!

My first game at Memorial Stadium. Later DKRTMS:

TCU vs. Texas 1967. Believe I was a 13 year old kid...

Bill Bradley was QB and Chris Gilbert was our stud RB. Corby Robinson was Captain of the Defense.

TCU won 24-17.

Memories:

Chris Gilbert had a very memorable 97 yard run for a TD
Linzy Cole had a punt return for a TCU TD

Gilbert gained over 1000 rush yards in 1966, 1967, 1968

Last edited:
Had the pleasure of meeting Bill Bradley at the SEC celebration. Really made my day at the event. It was quite by accident. Really nice guy, very friendly and appreciative of my childish adoration. Had him sign my cap to which he added Happy Birthday on it when he found out was my birthday. Still flabbergasted about the accidental meeting. His playing years were the same as when I was in college. Seems like a really good guy. Hookem

My first game 1967 vs Oklahoma State. I think we shut them out 19-0. For some reason I remember all the cowbells and I can’t remember when we quit using them.

1721302448608.png

As to the fatigue angle I am always on the hype - cringe side of things. It always makes me antsy when the talk is so high on expectations, whether player or team it always is best, imo, to be just under the radar. Man we are in for an exciting but challenging year. Hookem

U can bet your bottom dollar that UT is circled on every game calendar this year. Saban said yesterday that focusing solely on the team you’re playing each week is the key to surviving and thriving in the SEC and never looking beyond the current Saturday game prep. Sark knows it - he’s been there, has the t-shirts.

Gonna be a great season!!

I don't know enough about the situation to weigh in, but I'd like someone to quantify whatever competitive advantage UMich received through all of this.

I've always thought that Harbaugh is a sleazebag, but there's something to be said for just lining up and outplaying the opponent in front of you. Larry Allen would literally tell opposing defenses which gap Emmitt was going to run, and they'd still run it with success. I feel like knowing the play is only part of the battle.

One of the greatest coaches I ever knew would yell from the sideline,

"It doesn't matter if they know the play, if you do your job, we'll score".

We were undefeated.

Now there are two things I'm going to watch on Netflix

1) Conner Stallions sign stealing show
2) Joey Chestnut vs. Takeru Kobayashi live hot dog eating contest

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back