Random Season News

You are correct, but that is nothing that I didn't tell him to his face while he was still alive. That conversation included me telling him that it would take The University twenty years to overcome his stupidity and his *** would be fired by January 1. I was wrong because the board allowed him to stay until June 1. I started that conversation by saying, "we used to be friends. In case you missed it, that is past tense"

Nash,

I, for one, discount the chart because each game has two participants. A&M gets credit for Alabama being the big draw. Bottom feeders in the BigTen get credit for people watching the princes of polyester. I also discount the 11 AM kickoffs since half the country (geographically, not population) isn't ready that early.

Also, are those real viewers or a result Delany's "****** you again" TV numbers. Remember, Delany pulled off a contract based on the number of TVs in the area not viewers. He took Rutgers because the contract then gave him credit for ALL of NYC even though 75%+ of those people couldn't tell you the schools mascot is or where it is located. Same reason he took UMd to get credit for DC/Baltimore area TVs
AND it is amazing that there are so many teams including Rutgers, that have zero games over 4 million despite playing big names. The ramifications of what a far inferior team can do to a superior product are telling.

I totally agree. Blue had a unfortunate fumble his first year that set him back but when his opportunity came again this year he was lightening in a bottle both running and receiving. He is the star of that group in my humble opinion. Baxter is work horse but does not seem to have the speed that defenses fear and Blue does. If he stays focused this year, he will set himself up for a huge payday in the nfl and also make Texas a scary run team to defend.

Last edited:
Schools in "sports deserts" can make it work:
Boise St. for football
Oregon for football
Gonzaga for basketball

But when a school like Rutgers is swallowed up by a large, thriving metropolitan area with a bunch of pro sports to contend with, you're just not going to get a product that a lot of people want to get on board with. This also applies to the following schools:
Boston College
Northwestern
UCLA
Pretty much anything near NYC
UH/Rice
UTSA
SDSU
Any school near Philly for anything other than basketball

Other top teams located in "thriving" areas:
tOSU - only one pro Big-4 franchise to contend with in a growing area
Texas - best game in town even though there's a lot to do socially
USC - up and down
Washington - good lately but not always
Arizona State - not good lately

I never cease to be impressed by Sark’s press conferences. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach as steady, compelling and consistent with his message, and handle questions as well as Steve Sarkisian. Which raises this question:

Given a choice of any college or professional head coach around these days, is there anyone you would choose over Sark? I cannot think of one.

I never cease to be impressed by Sark’s press conferences. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a coach as steady, compelling and consistent with his message, and handle questions as well as Steve Sarkisian. Which raises this question:

Given a choice of any college or professional head coach around these days, is there anyone you would choose over Sark? I cannot think of one.
Sark is leagues ahead in my book.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back