Random Season News

Run,

That lawsuit has merit and could destroy or at the least totally restructure the NCAA. Hoping Chris, RC, & Castiglione are part of creating the new organization.

my first thought is what a mistake by Fox.
But after further reflection Brady should have his opportunity to prove himself of course. I thought Olsen was at least adequate but maybe Fox is looking for a home run hitter. They have that right. It's a business move of course. We'll see but to me there is a better chance that Brady won't excel over Olsen, but then again it's not like I ever try to critique Olsen, he is just another announcer.

I wonder why orangebloods.com has been down. That's where I get roster and recruiting list updates and scheduling.
Anyone know anything?

mc,

I disagree. This is going to ***** slap the neverwas wannabes, like the group that the "music man" brought into the Big XII. No one knows how much power CDC has and will have. The academically strong schools in the SEC (UGa & Florida) are faced with the very real possibility that Chris, et al will powerplay Clemson & FSU into the SEC. Who knows what the new cretin in Norman will force Castiglione to do. I remain confident that our President and Chairman will back Chris in whatever is best for The University both financially and politically.

The rise of the powerful and wealthy is finally coming to pass. No more Amherst or Lehigh or Bethany having a vote on the death penalty or sanctions. (Look at who was on the committee that gave SMU the death penalty.)

Last edited:
I find it very interesting that the B12 is not included. Not necessarily surprising, but interesting.

As much as anything else it is a "control" issue to let Florida & UGa to know they are NOT in control. Clemson fills their stadium and travels very well; FSU can't fill The Doak unless Florida is coming to town not to mention they don't travel as well as UTSA or SWT. Had little Chuckie NeinASS and Bowelsby not dropped the ball on them when they wanted to join the Big XII, it might be a different story.

In fairness to Bowelsby & NeinASS, anyone would have had trouble not dropping the ball when their head is that far up the Catholics ***. (no offense LC)

You are welcome, Dion, for not bringing up the real NeinA$$ issue.

mc,

I disagree. This is going to ***** slap the neverwas wannabes, like the group that the "music man" brought into the Big XII. No one knows how much power CDC has and will have. The academically strong schools in the SEC (UGa & Florida) are faced with the very real possibility that Chris, et al will powerplay Clemson & FSU into the SEC. Who knows what the new cretin in Norman will force Castiglione to do. I remain confident that our President and Chairman will back Chris in whatever is best for The University both financially and politically.

The rise of the powerful and wealthy is finally coming to pass. No more Amherst or Lehigh or Bethany having a vote on the death penalty or sanctions. (Look at who was on the committee that gave SMU the death penalty.)
SH, you may be forced by the HF masses to do a deeper dive on this subject.

I think your take is on point as usual. My concern: Can college football continue to exist as we know it, or as we “knew it?” Many may not care. I think that I do. The semi-professional nature of the game (now) is not a direction that I personally want to see. But candidly, as we move in that direction, Texas, as much as any school, will certainly benefit.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back