Random Season News

My first game at DKR: TCU vs. Texas 1967

Bill Bradley was QB and Chris Gilbert was our stud RB.

TCU won 24-17.

Memories:

Chris Gilbert had a very memorable 97 yard run for a TD
Linzy Cole had a punt return for a TCU TD

Gilbert gained over 1000 rush yards in 1966, 1967, 1968
My first Texas game was the 1964 Cotton Bowl where Texas beat Navy 28–6. I was 9 years old and loved every minute of it! That was also when I decided I was going to go to THE University of Texas for college and be a Longhorn. "HOOK 'EM!!"

My first Memorial Stadium game that I remember was a high school game between Reagan and Austin High in about 1969, before the upper deck was built. I think Reagan was state champions at the time, or around then. The first UT game I went to, that I can remember, was the famous 1970 UCLA game. When Cotton Speyrer caught the winning TD pass, everyone threw their seat cushions into the air (those flat orange pad things), like a graduation.

Don't remember what year, but my first game was a rainy, and a little chilly as I recall, day game in the late-70s (I think) against Tech. McIvor was the QB and I remember being amazed at how far he could throw the ball downfield.

It was me, my dad, one of his best friends and the friend's son who was a bit younger than I was. We were driving up from San Antonio and along the way dad's buddy started cussing the weather saying we were gonna be late and I remember his son crying out "Speed Daddy SPEED!".

The princes of polyester believe they have won a lot more often than they have, and that they are national champs no matter what they do on the field. Best favor they could do for Day is to cut him loose, but who would take that job? Some washed up member of the Youngstown mafia?

That's a top flight communicator right there. Almost Charlie Strong level.
mean girls bake a cake GIF

I don't see Aranda surviving the season, so I'd put some $$$ on that.

Yes. Buckeyes think he has underachieved given the Texas talent on their roster.
Yeah I'm sure all 6 guys from TX on their roster (including the K and 3 freshmen) are the underachievement reason. It's the Michigan game, plain and simple. Just like when people called for Mack Brown when he lost 5 straight to them before the natty.

Banks. He'll be the first or second OL taken in the 2025 draft.

Hmmmm... hopefully not a distraction
Her not being a distraction to him most likely contributed mightily. Sixteen hour work days, 320 days per year doesn’t lend itself to wholesome family relationship maintenance. He has proved to be “all in” to UT footballs return to dominance. Sorry to hear that for them both.

Her not being a distraction to him most likely contributed mightily. Sixteen hour work days, 320 days per year doesn’t lend itself to wholesome family relationship maintenance. He has proved to be “all in” to UT footballs return to dominance. Sorry to hear that for them both.
Being a top level coach's wife requires giving up a lot of personal career aspirations. It's not a life for every woman.

It had to be very difficult to try to maintain 2 careers. Sark's had to be the dominant one.I appreciate how Loreal really supported Sark.
I wish her much success. Please let her continue to help him with wardrobe.

Recent Threads

Back