PUMP THE SUNSHINE!...........UP NEXT---> MONROE

I’m not worried about Tech, but I’ll be honest, I don’t trust Yorkman and his refs. Don’t underestimate how desperately that man wants us to lose.

I think you give the SEC too much credit. I’m looking forward to the move next year and playing some new teams, but I don’t think the competition level changes much, if any. The SEC has bigger “names” for sure, but there are some really bad teams in the SEC (Vandy, Miss St, Auburn, Florida, Arkansas). They have a lot of middle of the road teams. And their top end teams somehow don’t play each for years in the regular season. When was the last time Bama and Georgia played in the regular season? The SEC’s top end (Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss, Mizzou) is no better than the Big 12’s (Texas, OU, OSU, Kansas St). I would argue Ole Miss is a huge fraud. I have no idea how they are 10-2 this year. They look like an 8-4 team to me. LSU looks to be on the decline to me. I don’t know if Kelly is the right guy for them.

What is the SEC’s marquee win this year out of conference. LSU got drummed by FSU, we whipped Bama, Florida lost to Utah, BYU beat Arkansas (both teams suck), Georgia played no one. Mizzou beat KSU on a last second 60 yard FG. That is a quality win, but they were also at home and it tells me KSU and Mizzou are an even match. Ole Miss beating Tulane? That doesn’t say a lot.

if you look at our schedule next year, our toughest conference games are OU, Georgia (same as Bama this year), and maybe A&M if they get their **** together. On the road against Michigan is probably our toughest game of the year. I don’t see that schedule as any tougher than what we played this year (OU, Bama, KSU, Kansas) except for Michigan which is out of conference. If our record next year regresses to 8-4 or 9-3 it’s because we’re losing tons of talent from this year’s team. Not because the SEC is much tougher than the Big 12.

Whew. Where to begin. I'll start with my point that beating 6-5 Iowa state isn't a big deal. Looking at the top 25 right now I see 5 sec teams ranked ahead of the first (future) b12 ranked team. FIVE.

If that's not a step up in competition to you, I don't know what can convince you of anything. In order for a game to be considered "big" it requires competition beyond average. We beat an average team Saturday. The competition ramps uo next year

I think it will be difficult for Yormack's refs to be blatantly dirty. Though I think they will try. Hopefully Texas can blow it open so fake penalties or lack of penalties can't affect the game.

I think it will be difficult for Yormack's refs to be blatantly dirty. Though I think they will try. Hopefully Texas can blow it open so fake penalties or lack of penalties can't affect the game.

They screwed tcu big time today. One pt game, tcu forces an obvious fumble that was ruled Inc. Then an invisible pass interfere call on tcu to keep a drive alive.

upload_2023-11-24_14-14-33.png

H2
Agree. But you would have thought they would screw ou who is leaving the Big 12
The difference in us and BlowU is that everyone knows we orchestrated the deal to move. Without us, there's no deal for BlowU. Remember the Land Thieves move to the PAC got torched because we wouldn't go with them. No UT, no deal, and Yorkie knows it.

Only 4 coaches in Texas history have an 11 win season, DKR, Fred Akers, Mack and now Sark. Only Mack has won 12 or more in a season (though to be fair, DKR coached almost entirely back in the ten game regular season era with no conference title game either and just had a few years at the end of his coaching tenure with 11 regular season games so he barely had a chance to get to 12 wins). Sark still can get to 12, 13 and maybe even 14 this year if things fall right next weekend.

I was ridiculously confident going into the 2009 CCG because of two things:
1. We had our "overcome challenges" game in College Station and came out on top, learning valuable lessons about who we really were (so I thought).
2. Nebraska was coming off of close wins against terrible teams and showing virtually no offense against common opponents.

I was correct about NU's offense. Even though Suh was the player of the game, our D held them to 106 total yards.

But Nebraska outcoached us that day, making us one dimensional, and exposing our pass blocking flaws and lack of depth/talent beyond Shipley at wideout.

If OK State is going to follow a similar path, this is what I'd do:
1. Pass the ball 70% of the time.
2. Force us into our zone scheme with little pass rush.
3. Get Baxter/Blue in trouble by taking away the middle and make them go outside to tire them out.
4. Play a little dirty.

And even with all of that stuff, I think we still win.

I was ridiculously confident going into the 2009 CCG because of two things:
1. We had our "overcome challenges" game in College Station and came out on top, learning valuable lessons about who we really were (so I thought).
2. Nebraska was coming off of close wins against terrible teams and showing virtually no offense against common opponents.

I was correct about NU's offense. Even though Suh was the player of the game, our D held them to 106 total yards.

But Nebraska outcoached us that day, making us one dimensional, and exposing our pass blocking flaws and lack of depth/talent beyond Shipley at wideout.

If OK State is going to follow a similar path, this is what I'd do:
1. Pass the ball 70% of the time.
2. Force us into our zone scheme with little pass rush.
3. Get Baxter/Blue in trouble by taking away the middle and make them go outside to tire them out.
4. Play a little dirty.

And even with all of that stuff, I think we still win.

I expect a lot of quick routes, slants, horizontal plays early to take away our interior dominance on defense. Wear the big boys down, make our back 7 tackle in the open field.

OSU is a good team and they are peaking at the right time. I don't like this game at all. Texas better be ready and limit their mistakes. Committing >5 penalties and 2-3 turnovers won't get it done against these guys.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back