PUMP THE SUNSHINE!...........UP NEXT---> MONROE

It was the 300+ passing yards they got that bothered me.
All those yards gained them 16 points.
Again I remember AD Peterson putting 200 yards on us one day.
But he never got into the endzone.
I really don't care so much how many yards they get between the 20s.
Just keep them out of the endzone.

Our defense was great, regardless of who we played Saturday.

But, Next year we're going to look back and say "we beat a 6-5 team in Ames, Iowa and we thought THAT was a big deal?"

We deserve better, as in competition. Soon we'll get it. Wins in Ames over a team that's likely to be .500 will be laughed at. Big time competition is around the corner. I like the trajectory, right now that's what matters most

It was the 300+ passing yards they got that bothered me.
I tend to feel the same. But 66 of those were on the one "trick" play. Only tricky because we got caught without any kind of pass coverage. 257 yards passing otherwise isn't bad. We have to prevent the big plays.

Only the second ten win season since 2009. The last decade plus has been a real bummer but I like the trajectory Sark has Texas on whether it is culture changes, progress on the field or the real uptick in recruiting. I wasn't crazy about the Sark hire though I absolutely thought that Herman needed to go so I was ok with it more because to me it was about who was leaving than it was who was coming in. Still, I have been very pleasantly surprised by Sark, even if a little befuddled by some of his in game decisions. Sark hasn't embarrassed us the way Tommy terrific did all the time and he now has a ten win season to show the real progress on the field that was evident off it. That's some sunshine I am very happy to pump this morning.

All those yards gained them 16 points.
Again I remember AD Peterson putting 200 yards on us one day.
But he never got into the endzone.
I really don't care so much how many yards they get between the 20s.
Just keep them out of the endzone.

yep, holding your opponent to 16 points is a win in today’s game.
What’s more is that hhe Cyclones never threatened a credible come back. So they were getting yards but they didn’t amount to much.

Still, I have been very pleasantly surprised by Sark, even if a little befuddled by some of his in game decisions. Sark hasn't embarrassed us the way Tommy terrific did all the time and he now has a ten win season to show the real progress on the field that was evident off it.

I agree with this and I get that *any* coach is not going to do everything the way I want. I accept that but I still want to bittch about it on here.

Phil,

I'm worried about you reading my mind.

That said, I may be really unhappy with things, but I have always believed that no one should be able to tell the HC who he works with - That includes DKR/Fred and David as HC. (Lord knows I want to)

Two more years of offensive and defensive line recruiting/development paired with 5-star skill position players, and this team is going to be scary! I mean UGA/Bama scary year in and year out!

Only the second ten win season since 2009. The last decade plus has been a real bummer but I like the trajectory Sark has Texas on whether it is culture changes, progress on the field or the real uptick in recruiting. I wasn't crazy about the Sark hire though I absolutely thought that Herman needed to go so I was ok with it more because to me it was about who was leaving than it was who was coming in. Still, I have been very pleasantly surprised by Sark, even if a little befuddled by some of his in game decisions. Sark hasn't embarrassed us the way Tommy terrific did all the time and he now has a ten win season to show the real progress on the field that was evident off it. That's some sunshine I am very happy to pump this morning.
I think the best part is that Sark does better player evaluation of recruits than say Jimbo. Sark has won in the last 2 years with many, many new players on the roster. That doesn’t happen without good player evaluation.

fwhorn

this is exactly how I feel. You said it very well. Our program was disaster before sark got here. Players didn’t care, locker room was a mess, the whole Eyes of Texas garbage, etc.
Sark turned it around in a couple of years. We see a very different program now. Players supporting each other, a team concept, hard work, great attitudes, positive mentality, and players standing and singing the Eyes of Texas in an enthusiastic way, and winning. Sark did this by getting rid of about 40 cancers and bringing in good people and good players and completely changed the culture and did it very quickly. I am extremely proud of this team and I will say and believe that even if they don’t win the big 12 championship. But of course let’s win it. I think we will. I feel excited and committed to Texas football again.

But, Next year we're going to look back and say "we beat a 6-5 team in Ames, Iowa and we thought THAT was a big deal?"

We deserve better, as in competition. Soon we'll get it. Wins in Ames over a team that's likely to be .500 will be laughed at. Big time competition is around the corner. I like the trajectory, right now that's what matters most

I think you give the SEC too much credit. I’m looking forward to the move next year and playing some new teams, but I don’t think the competition level changes much, if any. The SEC has bigger “names” for sure, but there are some really bad teams in the SEC (Vandy, Miss St, Auburn, Florida, Arkansas). They have a lot of middle of the road teams. And their top end teams somehow don’t play each for years in the regular season. When was the last time Bama and Georgia played in the regular season? The SEC’s top end (Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss, Mizzou) is no better than the Big 12’s (Texas, OU, OSU, Kansas St). I would argue Ole Miss is a huge fraud. I have no idea how they are 10-2 this year. They look like an 8-4 team to me. LSU looks to be on the decline to me. I don’t know if Kelly is the right guy for them.

What is the SEC’s marquee win this year out of conference. LSU got drummed by FSU, we whipped Bama, Florida lost to Utah, BYU beat Arkansas (both teams suck), Georgia played no one. Mizzou beat KSU on a last second 60 yard FG. That is a quality win, but they were also at home and it tells me KSU and Mizzou are an even match. Ole Miss beating Tulane? That doesn’t say a lot.

if you look at our schedule next year, our toughest conference games are OU, Georgia (same as Bama this year), and maybe A&M if they get their **** together. On the road against Michigan is probably our toughest game of the year. I don’t see that schedule as any tougher than what we played this year (OU, Bama, KSU, Kansas) except for Michigan which is out of conference. If our record next year regresses to 8-4 or 9-3 it’s because we’re losing tons of talent from this year’s team. Not because the SEC is much tougher than the Big 12.

When 14 of the last 17 national champions are from the same conference, you get SEC bias. The SEC top is the best, but the other teams are okay to poor.

I think you give the SEC too much credit. I’m looking forward to the move next year and playing some new teams, but I don’t think the competition level changes much, if any. The SEC has bigger “names” for sure, but there are some really bad teams in the SEC (Vandy, Miss St, Auburn, Florida, Arkansas). They have a lot of middle of the road teams. And their top end teams somehow don’t play each for years in the regular season. When was the last time Bama and Georgia played in the regular season? The SEC’s top end (Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss, Mizzou) is no better than the Big 12’s (Texas, OU, OSU, Kansas St). I would argue Ole Miss is a huge fraud. I have no idea how they are 10-2 this year. They look like an 8-4 team to me. LSU looks to be on the decline to me. I don’t know if Kelly is the right guy for them.

What is the SEC’s marquee win this year out of conference. LSU got drummed by FSU, we whipped Bama, Florida lost to Utah, BYU beat Arkansas (both teams suck), Georgia played no one. Mizzou beat KSU on a last second 60 yard FG. That is a quality win, but they were also at home and it tells me KSU and Mizzou are an even match. Ole Miss beating Tulane? That doesn’t say a lot.

if you look at our schedule next year, our toughest conference games are OU, Georgia (same as Bama this year), and maybe A&M if they get their **** together. On the road against Michigan is probably our toughest game of the year. I don’t see that schedule as any tougher than what we played this year (OU, Bama, KSU, Kansas) except for Michigan which is out of conference. If our record next year regresses to 8-4 or 9-3 it’s because we’re losing tons of talent from this year’s team. Not because the SEC is much tougher than the Big 12.
Correct. Outside of Georgia (and Florida every now and then) the $EC East is maybe as good as the bottom 5 teams of the Big XII. In the West, it is Alabama then the middle of Big XII teams. I believe that this is the reason the $EC skipped divisions in 2024. They want to balance the divisions/come up with pods, or whatever to hide how the bottom 3/4 of the $EC is not that good.

Definitely agree. And the fact that they play only 8 league games guarantees that at least half of their teams won’t have an extra loss. So their inter-conference record is grossly skewed by patsies like Austin Peay.

This is not my take, but some would argue that the SEC gets a disproportionate percentage of the best HS players. That started happening when ESPN gained the broadcast rights almost two decades ago and started pushing the SEC brand to capture eyeballs. It worked, and now most recruits believe that the SEC is the “superior” destination. If case you haven’t noticed, ESPN, now with the broadcast rights, is doing the same for the ACC. Pumping the brand.

Next year will be interesting because we have a very tough schedule. I’m eager to see how it plays out compared to what we have been seeing in the Big12. Additionally, because of predictable attrition, next year has the potential to be a rebuilding year. That is, unless the portal is kind to us. Based on this year, it should be.

The Victory over Tech tonight is Certain. Go ahead and pencil in the 'W'.

It is preposterous to think that Texas Tech, of all teams, could possibly overturn our applecart near the end of the year and stop a potential playoff / National Championship run by the Texas Longhorns. Never seen anything like that before. Impossible.

:trophy:

Last edited:
It is preposterous to think that Texas Tech, of all teams, could possibly overturn our applecart near the end of the year and stop a potential playoff / National Championship run by the Texas Longhorns.

inconceivable.jpg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back