PUMP THE SUNSHINE!...........UP NEXT---> MONROE

All Longhorn fans rejoice!

It's victories and 9-1 records that make it so great to be a fan!

This is awesome!!!

:bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:
:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:

In the last 2 games, Texas had a 98% chance of winning late in the 3rd quarter according to espn. Yet we sweat it out till the end of the game. I guess 20 point leads are not what they are used to be.

Last year- at this time- UT was 6-3 and the next week was against TCU at home that turned out to be a L.

Im good and ill not apologize for being happy.

The team we played was in the last natty, too. 9 wins and we still have some football to play? Hell yeah. I'm all in. The posters here were all much younger the last time that happened...and we've done it with a lot of injuries.

I'm all good. Sunshine pump is operating nominally.

I went to the LSU Florida game. Watching the score change over the second half was difficult, but glad I was not watching live. I’ll take 9-1 and move on to next week.

You could argue that Sark has done the better job, being saddled with 30 point Pete.

I saw a Bobby Bowden quote somewhere this morning about the development of a program (ideally), basically it was this.

At first you lose big
Then you lose close
Then you win close
Then you win big

If that’s the pattern for us then maybe we’re in level 3

At first you lose big
Then you lose close
Then you win close
Then you win big

I've never seen that quote but I like it and I think it definitely holds up. Last year we were certainly experiencing level 2 and we do seem to be transitioning into level 3. I would really like to see us develop into a team that can put opponents away and win the 4th quarter. It would also help if we didn't try to coast our way to victories but that's another conversation.

Happy to be 9-1, but why are we outcoached/played in the 3rd qtr.? Opponents make halftime adjustments, so have to give them credit. But by 4th qtr, we should have adjusted to their adjustments and put the hammer down, IMHO. Yeah, that’s hard, players are getting tired, may have had some injuries, opponent has skilled kids who won’t give up … but we’re supposed to have enough athletes and smart coaches to overcome the ups and downs of the second half. Reminds me of years of playing tennis; even at rec league level, we noticed an opponent’s tendencies and knew to close out the set or match by exploiting them. I know, I know, expressing the same frustration as others … Sigh. Hope we can stay focused in Ames, Thanksgiving weekend and CCG. We’ve had a good year, don’t want it to go down in flames with a loss at the WhoCares Bowl, and an example of What-Could-Have-Been. Ok, feel better now.

:soapbox::hookem2:

And our team has even been good enough to us fans to make sure that our wins are exciting games to watch—to the very end!

How could we be any more fortunate!

:yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee::yippee:
:bounce1::bounce1::bounce1::bounce1::bounce1::bounce1:
:hookem3::hookem3::hookem3::hookem3::hookem3:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
:bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:

I saw a Bobby Bowden quote somewhere this morning about the development of a program (ideally), basically it was this.

At first you lose big
Then you lose close
Then you win close
Then you win big

It takes 3 years to rebuild an offensive line

Sports fan psychology is a weird thing...

Our Psych Dep't ought to bring in a professor that specializes in it.

FJkLBPCWQAQA5lM.jpg

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back