President Biden Accountability Thread

If you saw the clip of Biden babbling in vietnam this weekend, he won't be beating anyone (without cheating on a massive scale)

If there ever was a figure-head President, it's Joe Biden. It's weekend at Bernie's and everybody knows it. They just need their bias in the pilot's seat. They're telling to push EO's as far as they can go and make SCOTUS overrule them so they can use the "heartlessness" of Conservatives on the campaign trail. He is clearly, made as instructed. It's up to enough real adults (who am I kidding) to realize what is going on. The problem are the far right lunatics. Liberals should be easy pickings at the ballot box but for some reason, they're not. Republicans need to act rational and not so theoretical (strict constructionism) all the time. I think over-turning Roe v Wade was a mistake, though I understand it's just been relegated to the states. That's just one issue. But it's not playing well and then you have Tubberville and the other crazies (the guy who lied about his background and that woman - Marjorie?).

Get them out of here.

If there ever was a figure-head President, it's Joe Biden. It's weekend at Bernie's and everybody knows it. They just need their bias in the pilot's seat. They're telling to push EO's as far as they can go and make SCOTUS overrule them so they can use the "heartlessness" of Conservatives on the campaign trail. He is clearly, made as instructed. It's up to enough real adults (who am I kidding) to realize what is going on. The problem are the far right lunatics. Liberals should be easy pickings at the ballot box but for some reason, they're not. Republicans need to act rational and not so theoretical (strict constructionism) all the time. I think over-turning Roe v Wade was a mistake, though I understand it's just been relegated to the states. That's just one issue. But it's not playing well and then you have Tubberville and the other crazies (the guy who lied about his background and that woman - Marjorie?).

Get them out of here.

Overturning Roe certainly presented a challenge, but if didn't have to be a big political mess. They're making it so by pressing federal legislation and going too far in some states. They should have been far more careful and frankly, principled.

Overturning Roe certainly presented a challenge, but if didn't have to be a big political mess. They're making it so by pressing federal legislation and going too far in some states. They should have been far more careful and frankly, principled.

Well, I figured the shrieking on a technical level would begin with over-turning a previous SCOTUS ruling with the apparent dodge by Conservatives in the confirmation process that now smacks of lying. Then you have the Republican actions concerning Garland and the power play was clearly going to piss somebody off.

Then you have the emotional issue at hand. I'm sorry, but I've been on the business end of religious zealots and I think we have too many on the right. These bans or tight time frames are just not correct in my view. It is frustrating to me.

But I'm also frustrated with how Kamala can dodge a direct question: "How many weeks should it be?" It's clear she wants abortion on demand and an undefined time frame along with complete latitude for a doctor to claim medical reasons.

Rape is rape. I have a daughter. If she were raped, then I think, as a family, we'd get the abortion. We live in Austin. So we'd have to do our homework and catch a plane.

I think that's BS.

Abbott and his cronies are elitist and arrogant. I don't like them. They are out of touch and are using ridiculous notions of what it means to be a Texan to sell their wares.

I think that's BS too.

I'm sorry, but I've been on the business end of religious zealots and I think we have too many on the right. These bans or tight time frames are just not correct in my view. It is frustrating to me.
That people do not recognize it as a human life and value it equally to other human lives is not correct in my view, and it is frustrating to me.

That people do not recognize it as a human life and value it equally to other human lives is not correct in my view, and it is frustrating to me.

I'm willing (and I'm not a doctor, a scientist or a preacher) to accept abortions up to the point of the earliest surviving premature baby. I just can't accept that life begins at conception. That's just my opinion. I'm not freaking out about it. But it's a political matter too. If this is the hill we're going to die on, then the megatrend is possibly a Liberal America. We have to compromise.

Women will have unprotected sex and they will have abortions. People want to get drunk. People will gamble. These types of things are inevitable to me and we have to somehow manage it without bans.

That's my opinion.

I'm willing (and I'm not a doctor, a scientist or a preacher) to accept abortions up to the point of the earliest surviving premature baby. I just can't accept that life begins at conception. That's just my opinion. I'm not freaking out about it. But it's a political matter too. If this is the hill we're going to die on, then the megatrend is possibly a Liberal America. We have to compromise.

Women will have unprotected sex and they will have abortions. People want to get drunk. People will gamble. These types of things are inevitable to me and we have to somehow manage it without bans.

That's my opinion.

Somebody else's opinion is that life begins at conception. A third person's opinion is that life begins at birth. A fourth person... You get the idea. But here's the deal, only one of you is right, and the rest are wrong. Life isn't an opinion.

Somebody else's opinion is that life begins at conception. A third person's opinion is that life begins at birth. A fourth person... You get the idea. But here's the deal, only one of you is right, and the rest are wrong. Life isn't an opinion.

Politics are a consensus of the governed. That's how I see it. And from where I sit, life is an opinion in so many ways. Perception. So we go with what we've witnessed plus what we assume to be true.

This isn't a good place to debate the topic, but I'd enjoy having a beer or two and discussing it (calmly and without rancor) one day.

Me too. I try not to get personal about it with anyone.

Sorry if I put it on the wrong thread. I segued the figurehead comment on Biden to why Republican's can't take advantage of what is obviously a huge problem with POTUS.

Of course, the Left would say the same thing if Trump were in office, but I'm right dammit! Ha...

Well, I figured the shrieking on a technical level would begin with over-turning a previous SCOTUS ruling with the apparent dodge by Conservatives in the confirmation process that now smacks of lying. Then you have the Republican actions concerning Garland and the power play was clearly going to piss somebody off.

Then you have the emotional issue at hand. I'm sorry, but I've been on the business end of religious zealots and I think we have too many on the right. These bans or tight time frames are just not correct in my view. It is frustrating to me.

But I'm also frustrated with how Kamala can dodge a direct question: "How many weeks should it be?" It's clear she wants abortion on demand and an undefined time frame along with complete latitude for a doctor to claim medical reasons.

Rape is rape. I have a daughter. If she were raped, then I think, as a family, we'd get the abortion. We live in Austin. So we'd have to do our homework and catch a plane.

I think that's BS.

Abbott and his cronies are elitist and arrogant. I don't like them. They are out of touch and are using ridiculous notions of what it means to be a Texan to sell their wares.

I think that's BS too.

I know you've been on the ugly end of religious zealotry, and I think that's terrible. However, the logic for banning abortion isn't religious any more than the logic for banning stealing or murder is religious. One can be an atheist and very logically oppose abortion. In fact, I know some pro-life atheists.

Though I don't support a rape exception to abortion laws and frankly don't understand the logic of such an exception, I'm willing to go along with them (depending on the specifics) to build a consensus on the issue.

Either way, what really bugged me under Roe is that we were told that we couldn't even have discussions on the issue. It was taken off limits with absolutely no legal basis whatsoever. That was a disgrace. Now that the disgrace is gone, I welcome debates on the issue - not in Washington but in state capitols where they belong. There should be no national ban nor should there be any codification of Roe. Both abuse the constitutional limits on federal power and strain the national consensus.

I know you've been on the ugly end of religious zealotry, and I think that's terrible. However, the logic for banning abortion isn't religious any more than the logic for banning stealing or murder is religious. One can be an atheist and very logically oppose abortion. In fact, I know some pro-life atheists.

Though I don't support a rape exception to abortion laws and frankly don't understand the logic of such an exception, I'm willing to go along with them (depending on the specifics) to build a consensus on the issue.

Either way, what really bugged me under Roe is that we were told that we couldn't even have discussions on the issue. It was taken off limits with absolutely no legal basis whatsoever. That was a disgrace. Now that the disgrace is gone, I welcome debates on the issue - not in Washington but in state capitols where they belong. There should be no national ban nor should there be any codification of Roe. Both abuse the constitutional limits on federal power and strain the national consensus.

Yeah. I get that murder and theft are laws that everyone can get behind and you don't need a Bible to prove it. I guess we're all creatures of experience and it seems to me the abortion issue on the right is driven by the right-wing Christians. That's just been my experience. My ex is heavily involved in lobbying (from the sidelines; participating in government forums about it) against legalized abortion. It nowhere has the consensus that we see with murder and theft (except politically excused theft).

When you say, we were unable to have discussions on the issue, do you mean prior to the repeal? That it was a done deal and there was no turning back?

What is your opinion of prior SCOTUS decisions being on the table if the court changes hands? Is it all cultural/moral relativity? Or is it a political philosophy issue (strict constructionism - no mention of the right to privacy in the Constitutional) that is game to be rectified depending on who is in power?

I'm a strict constructionist for the mere fact that I do not trust political hacks and charlatans judgment. It's all corruption and bias. So, I'm a just say no kind of guy more than half the time on that basis alone. I understand why it should be relegated to the states based upon the way the Constitution is written. But I wouldn't cry about a legitimate amendment properly worded. Not that the wording is easy. It never will be.

Last edited:
Yeah. I get that murder and theft are laws that everyone can get behind and you don't need a Bible to prove it. I guess we're all creatures of experience and it seems to me the abortion issue on the right is driven by the right-wing Christians. That's just been my experience. My ex is heavily involved in lobbying (from the sidelines; participating in government forums about it) against legalized abortion. It nowhere has the consensus that we see with murder and theft (except politically excused theft).

I understand that there isn't the same political consensus on abortion as there is on theft and murder. I bring that up, because supporters of abortion rights frequently dismiss their opposition as being nothing more than an imposition of religious beliefs on others when there is just as much of secular logic for it as there is for theft and murder. Religious doctrine may confirm that logic for all three, but that doesn't mean either of them are products of religious belief.

When you say, we were unable to have discussions on the issue, do you mean prior to the repeal? That it was a done deal and there was no turning back?

You could obviously talk about it, but your talks were irrelevant. The Court had decided the issue, and the public had no right to disagree in terms of policy.

What is your opinion of prior SCOTUS decisions being on the table if the court changes hands? Is it all cultural/moral relativity? Or is it a political philosophy issue (strict constructionism - no mention of the right to privacy in the Constitutional) that is game to be rectified depending on who is in power?

I'm a strict constructionist for the mere fact that I do not trust political hacks and charlatans judgment. It's all corruption and bias. So, I'm a just say no kind of guy more than half the time on that basis alone. I understand why it should be relegated to the states based upon the way the Constitution is written. But I wouldn't cry about a legitimate amendment properly worded. Not that the wording is easy. It never will be.

It's more of an ethic than a philosophy. The Court must submit to the written law, and to the extent that the Court has issued decisions that don't submit to the written law, those decisions should be overruled and condemned as the tyrannical abuses of power that they are. That will enrage the Left far more often, but it will also enrage the Right from time to time.

If true this is is so vile there are NO words
"Before they were allowed to leave Kabul in August 2021, having just lost 13 comrades to a suicide bomber, US Marines were ordered to pick up human feces and other disgusting trash at the airport so as to leave it pristine for the Taliban.
The Kabul airport passenger terminal was filthy on Aug. 28, 2021, after the botched Afghanistan withdrawal.

More than 120,000 Afghans had camped there for a week, “defecating and leaving trash, bags, clothes, and other unspeakable things.”

Marines at every level were infuriated at being “forced to scoop up human poop.”

The order to clean “came with a threat that we would not leave at all if it was not completed,” one junior Marine told authors Jerry Dunleavy and James Hasson."
Marines were ordered to pick up human feces before they were allowed to leave Kabul

Watch the documentary "Escape from Kabul". It was so much worse than we ever saw or told. People that were fleeing were trapped for days in areas, where it was impossible to leave.
The fact that a handful of Marines were left to try and keep order--impossible_ and watch for snipers and bombers in inexcusable.
My niece is married to the pilot that flew the plane that had the people hanging off, and had to run over some, or watch others fall off to certain death. I thought he had the worst of it until I saw this doc.
No words can describe the debacle that it was.

Last edited:
Me too. I try not to get personal about it with anyone.

Sorry if I put it on the wrong thread. I segued the figurehead comment on Biden to why Republican's can't take advantage of what is obviously a huge problem with POTUS.

Of course, the Left would say the same thing if Trump were in office, but I'm right dammit! Ha...

I'm not taking in personal in here. I see we're in the Biden thread so I can refrain from continuing.

Watching his economic advisor then Kirby defend the $6 billion payment to Iran was embarrassing. Who the hell other than the MSM believe those total obvious lies?

To sum up:
1) wages are great! Inflation is trending in the right direction even though it’s up this month. WTF?
2) Biden is working with Dems to lower the price of gas
3) Iran has to get permission to use their money
4) we had no choice but give them $6 billion

Last edited:
Watching his economic advisor then Kirby defend the $6 billion payment to Iran was embarrassing. Who the hell other than the MSM believe those total obvious lies?

To sum up:
1) wages are great! Inflation is trending in the right direction even though it’s up this month. WTF?
2) Biden is working with Dems to lower the price of gas
3) Iran has to get permission to use their money
4) we had no choice but give them $6 billion
Well let's see. Oil just past $90/barrel. CPI highest reported in 14 mos yesterday. And PPI highest reported in 14 mos today. Yeh, inflation heading in the right direction. People actually believe their s&%$.
Wholesale inflation ticked up last month, exceeding expectations | CNN Business

Overnight, prices at the WalMart gas station in San Marcos went from $3.19 to $3.59

This stuff is so shady.

And yet if the current GOP nomination polls hold, we will completely give Democrats a pass on all of this. The election will be about the '20 election and Trump's criminal cases. The crappy economy, disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal, and lunacy on social issues will be irrelevant.

Last edited:
And yet if the current GOP nomination points hold, we will completely give Democrats a pass on all of this. The election will be about the '20 election and Trump's criminal cases. The crappy economy, disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal, and lunacy on social issues will be irrelevant.

I don't think the GOP wants better candidates though. If the RNC really didn't like the quality of candidates they would do something about it.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back