Post Right Wing looniness here

363990576_743049377829699_674485815399482907_n.jpg

That took courage. He of course is right but he also knows there will be a HUGE pushback.
It is great to see someone with a national presence speak the truth.

I need to find the vid of Ramaswamy answering a question on Ukraine and then talking NATO. This guy makes the other candidates look weak and unprepared

Ok, this doesn't help our cause. This isn't competitive swimming, weight lifting, or soccer. It's chess. The pieces are pretty light-weight. You don't get sweaty and have to get naked and shower with anybody after the game. What possible advantage could a man have? Why even have a women's division?

I need to find the vid of Ramaswamy answering a question on Ukraine and then talking NATO. This guy makes the other candidates look weak and unprepared
I suspect Ramaswamy will do very well at the debate. "I mean, you got the first mainstream Indian American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

Ok, this doesn't help our cause. This isn't competitive swimming, weight lifting, or soccer. It's chess. The pieces are pretty light-weight. You don't get sweaty and have to get naked and shower with anybody after the game. What possible advantage could a man have? Why even have a women's division?

Obviously because men's brains are bigger than women's.

I'm kidding, ladies.

I suspect Ramaswamy will do very well at the debate. "I mean, you got the first mainstream Indian American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

I've never heard a politician say anything so racist and have it impact his career so little.

1. In many cultures it's not kosher for girls to complete with boys. Mostly a young boy v young girl thing

2. Having been a chess coach for 7 years I can attest that mindset lives here as well. Many girls prior to abt 13yo and under don't want to deal with boys, or as little as possible.

#2 can be discussed at great length, but I'll pass. My name is not Sigmund Freud and I'm just a lowly retired Industrial Engineer, not a psychologist. :)

ETA
Some / many of the powers that be in chess come from a culture that isn't Trans centric. They're less likely to be swayed by that "movement "

Last edited:
1. In many cultures it's not kosher for girls to complete with boys. Mostly a young boy v young girl thing

2. Having been a chess coach for 7 years I can attest that mindset lives here as well. Many girls prior to abt 13yo and under don't want to deal with boys, or as little as possible.

#2 can be discussed at great length, but I'll pass. My name is not Sigmund Freud and I'm just a lowly retired Industrial Engineer, not a psychologist. :)

ETA
Some / many of the powers that be in chess come from a culture that isn't Trans centric. They're less likely to be swayed by that "movement "

I understand this, but I appreciate and respect the right of both men and women to have separate spaces. I think that's normal.

Agree on the comments about kids (boy vs girls), but the article and rules above are also regarding adults.

Please don't take this the wrong way,.. but when was the last time you attended or participated in a USCF tournament at the regional or higher levels? If the answer is never, you'll be surprised at the levels of intimidation involved. I know it sounds odd, but it is what it is.

Few women take to that (some do. Don't pull that on Susan Polgar). And I'd imagine most male IMs like it the way it is.

All I know about women's chess is that the chick from the Queen's Gambit was sexy as hell even if she was bit weird.

Are they saying men are inherently smarter than women? This one may require some popcorn.

Please don't take this the wrong way,.. but when was the last time you attended or participated in a USCF tournament at the regional or higher levels? If the answer is never, you'll be surprised at the levels of intimidation involved. I know it sounds odd, but it is what it is.

Few women take to that (some do. Don't pull that on Susan Polgar). And I'd imagine most male IMs like it the way it is.

The answer is never as chess isn't my thing. In your post above, you mentioned 7 and 13 year olds - nothing about adult chess players. I was merely commenting that I agree with you on minors wanting to be segregated by gender but also that these new chess rules applied to adults too. If you're now adding that adult chess players want to be segregated by gender, I can believe you.

Is Tucker really have so much difficulty finding guests that he's resorting to interviewing a guy who claims he blew Obama 24 years ago?

Of course, I will readily admit that if Obama was a Republican, this guy would have gotten the Christine Blaisey Ford treatment from the rest of the media, but that's beside the point.

Last edited:
Is Tucker really have so much difficulty finding guests that he's resorting to interviewing a guy who claims he blew Obama 24 years ago?

Of course, I will readily admit that if Obama was a Republican, this guy would have gotten the Christine Blaisey Ford treatment from the rest of the media, but that's because the point.

The book will be out soon (hopefully without pictures).

A sad day of loss and a day to remember the victims and we have nothing but idiots online talking about Building 7 nonsense.

Right wing school district leaders (Barber's Hill High School, Texas) suspend youth because they don't like his haircut.

This is just stupid...

'It feels like deja vu': Student suspended due to his hairstyle amid TX law banning discrimination

Black high school student suspended in Texas because of dreadlocks

https://cw39.com/news/education/a-b...arbers-hill-isd-says-it-wasnt-discrimination/

AP23261474649132-scaled.jpg

EATCDL34TDFRLVPNRWK57A6B4Q.jpg

On a related note: I remember reading that Bear Bryant and the Bama big wigs were freaking out over the early '70s young men wearing long hair, facial hair, etc. He called Royal to get his opinion. DKR told Bear that he didn't care at all what sort of hairstyle a player wore as long as he played well on the football field. Bryant lightened up a bit after that.

Last edited:
The vibe I get from some of the small towns East of Houston / within about a 50 mile radius of Beaumont, is that they can be a bit less-than-welcoming towards unusual/unique/different/odd/weird people.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back