Post Right Wing looniness here

Good to know that you have NO idea what fascism or totalitarianism is. My comment is based on real Burkean conservatism.
Good to know you oppose individual liberty and government (school) trampling of individual liberty. Keep showing us who you really are.

His goofy haircut neither picks my pocket nor breaks my bones. What happened to live and let live?

Very confusing article. He was not suspended for the dreads shown in the pics.
He was suspended for hair being too long. The look in pic should be ok
I would like to see if any other students were suspended for too long hair.
The CROWN act prohibits suspensions for dreads but what about hair too long?

Good to know you oppose individual liberty and government (school) trampling of individual liberty. Keep showing us who you really are.

I actually don't oppose individual liberty. But liberty at some point has to be enforced at a local level. Regional culture, rural culture is destroyed if if isn't protected. If not these people's liberty will be eliminated too.

I was trying to make a point. That is the essence of Conservatism. Read Edmund Burke, Roger Scruton, or Russell Kirk.

His goofy haircut neither picks my pocket nor breaks my bones. What happened to live and let live?

You're right on that. This is the libertarian natural law/natural right distinction. That is my ideal. I don't really want people to fight over hair style.

However I thought it was encouraging to see small town people exert their power over their own location. For there to be more actual liberty in the world, there will have to be stronger local and county power structures. I wouldn't want to live in some of them because they don't fit what I like but theoretically there will be one I do like very close by.

Culture is fluid. Plenty of small town Deep South a-holes attacked Elvis, including physically. After their first tour of the South, Led Zeppelin said how much they hated it, because of small minded buttholes trying to start sh!t because of their long hair.

Used to, rednecks beat up guys with long hair. Now rednecks have long hair! The culture is fluid.

Another man’s long hair neither picks my pocket nor breaks my bones.

Localized tyranny is only capable of much less harm than State or Federal tyranny. Hence, more power to the lower levels of government, less power to the feds.

Yet, local tyranny is still tyranny, and it still sucks.

Localized tyranny is only capable of much less harm than State or Federal tyranny. Hence, more power to the lower levels of government, less power to the feds.

Yet, local tyranny is still tyranny, and it still sucks.

I am not talking about tyranny necessarily though. I am talking about people being able to protect their way of life and their culture. Sure culture changes. That's fine but let it change based on the decisions of the people living there. They don't need outsiders forcing change either.

Do you consider dress, hair, hygeine codes for school attendance as tyranny? That is the kind of thing we are talking about here. Not tyranny. Dress codes. Can there be any standards or must anything and everything be allowed? IRL tyranny flourishes more in that environment than a more traditional one.

The vibe I get from some of the small towns East of Houston / within about a 50 mile radius of Beaumont, is that they can be a bit less-than-welcoming towards unusual/unique/different/odd/weird people.
Really? I've only ever heard about how open and welcoming the good people of Vidor are.

Driving thru Belville on way back from game saw a burger joint named Trump Burger. Seriously. Tried to post the photo here but file was too large. There’s your small town flavor. It was a nice looking place.

upload_2023-9-25_10-40-32.jpeg

349084329_182000731162085_7378456812929651463_n.jpg

347560830_1479160149485834_1592247468449135361_n.jpg

354466863_716648043801911_2339461117567975420_n.jpg

Of course, Bellville is nowhere near the Beaumont area.
x

I may be in the minority on this, but I would not categorize Trump as a "right winger." He's more of a populist, and above all a self-serving opportunist seeking more-and-more personal power and wealth. Hence, his ideology(ies) has/have been pretty fluid over the years.

Currently, he's butting heads with the religious wing of the GOP over limits on abortion, exceptions to the general rule of no abortion, etc.

Dave Smith describes right wing loonyness at the end of the episode, commentin on his interview of Tucker Carlson.

The looniest thing on the right wing is Neo-conservatism. Neocons were Trotskyites. That's Leon Trotsky one of the leaders of the Bolshevik Revolution. After Lenin died, Stalin took power and kicked Trotsky out. Trotsky's followers called themselves "conservatives" and infiltrated the Republican Party of the USA. Neocons are Communists not conservatives. It's time to finally kick them all out.

To cultivate a high-end brand, you're not going to want to have a bunch of 40% off racks in your store, or place your products in Wal Mart. The House of Gucci movie had a real good depiction of this sort of marketing thinking in one scene.

The clothing, shoes, handbags, leather goods, etc. markets are highly stratified. There are plenty of options. Personally, the sort of characters that like to go out in public and flash fancy and expensive brand names on their garments do not impress me at all. Yet, such brands have the right to cater to whatever segment of the market they want to. And people have the right to buy their overpriced crap.

Now there are some high end, well-made, non-flashy, understated elegance brands out there, but you rarely can even see their brand markers on the product.

But Vol
seriously wouldn't you want people like You on jury when You are brought up on charges of taking a woman into Neiman dressing room?
OR any other stupid charge we are now seeing
You know, a jury of your Peers?

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back