Post Right Wing looniness here

It may just be a matter of time before American Muslims join American Mormons as outside-the-mainstream religions that overwhelmingly support the GOP. The LDS led the push for that controversial anti-gay marriage law in California a decade or so ago. Mohammed's American followers could become allies of the other American cultural conservatives--this may already be happening.

Part of natural law is that there are only 2 genders or sexes. When you can't say that publicly your society is doomed to implode.

It may just be a matter of time before American Muslims join American Mormons as outside-the-mainstream religions that overwhelmingly support the GOP. The LDS led the push for that controversial anti-gay marriage law in California a decade or so ago. Mohammed's American followers could become allies of the other American cultural conservatives--this may already be happening.
This is very troublesome because Islam is a darkness from Satan. Any kind of Muslim alliance is making a deal with the devil. One day, this will haunt all Americans especially Christians. Talk about giving life to cancer, it will be like living in the dark ages.

This is very troublesome because Islam is a darkness from Satan. Any kind of Muslim alliance is making a deal with the devil. One day, this will haunt all Americans especially Christians. Talk about giving life to cancer, it will be like living in the dark ages.
Do you not want Mormons to vote for your candidate?

This is about politics and public office. Deals among enemies are made all the time--the old "enemy of my enemy is my friend (sort of)." Should we cut off all Arabian nations from an alliance against China? Of course not. Secular politics here. It's not a merging of religions. Rather, it is a 3D chess in a secular political game. This is not inviting an Iman to become your priest or pastor at church.

Did you vote against Mitt Romney in the general election?

Do you not want Mormons to vote for your candidate?

This is about politics and public office. Deals among enemies are made all the time--the old "enemy of my enemy is my friend (sort of)." Should we cut off all Arabian nations from an alliance against China? Of course not. Secular politics here. It's not a merging of religions. Rather, it is a 3D chess in a secular political game. This is not inviting an Iman to become your priest or pastor at church.

Did you vote against Mitt Romney in the general election?
I understand your message. yes since Mormons are here then I would want them voting for my candidate. And yes since Muslims are here I would want them voting for my candidate. Of course the more votes for my candidate the better.
so my previous reply was very narrow minded in that I wish we did not have a single Muslim in the United States. My view is that the Christian faith is the only truth.

My view is that the Christian faith is the only truth.
I agree. But when it comes to the secular government of this multi-religious Nation, coalitions among those with different beliefs need to be made. Otherwise, you almost always lose. It's the old "Big Tent" philosophy of politics. I'm not talking about who you let be a member of your church, if you let anybody be a member you'd be a Universalist. I'm just talking about secular government and political coalitions in this country.

It's like business. I've worked with plenty of Mormons, some Muslims, and lots and lots of Hindus and Jains.

Poms
I understand your point. There are some good Muslims who embrace America
But I honestly don't know if they were forced to choose how they would react.

This happened in a school. The appeal ought to be easy on that one. School dress code says

"• Clothing must not state, imply, or depict hate speech or imagery that target groups based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, or any other classification.
• Any other apparel that the administration determines to be unacceptable to our community standards will not be allowed."

Hasn't the SC already stated that hate speech can't be restricted by the government? We don't even have to argue if "there are only two genders" is hate speech (It's not).

Personally I used to love the Indiana Jones movies, but I have no interest in seeing Indy #53 with a 70 year old adventurer. In my opinion there's a point to just let it go.

The other movie is supposed to be fantastic and hadn't even heard of it until I saw something yesterday on Tik Tok. I plan on seeing it this weekend.

Last edited:
Personally I used to love the Indiana Jones movies, but I have no interest in seeing Indy #53 with a 70 year old adventurer. In my opinion there's a point to just let it go.

The other movie is supposed to be fantastic and hadn't even heard of it until I saw something yesterday on Tik Tok. I plan on seeing it this weekend.

Harrison Ford is actual 80 right now! Yes, it's beyond time to stop making Indy films. The one 15 years ago was trash. The 80s ones are great to good.

Harrison Ford is actual 80 right now! Yes, it's beyond time to stop making Indy films. The one 15 years ago was trash. The 80s ones are great to good.

He just can't pull it off anymore the way he did back in the day. He does look good for 80 but good enough to pull off being an archaeologist who gets into dangerous situations and beats people's asses? That's quite a reach. In Crystal Skull, he was near the end of the line. He at least had flashes of greatness, but he was slowing down. At his current age, he just looks ridiculous.

It's like Jackie Chan. He's a too slow to pull off his roles the way he used to. The big difference is that Chan doesn't expect to be taken seriously the way Ford does. You kinda know the stuff he does is ridiculous.

1st Indiana Jones - Awesome
2nd - Garbage
3rd - Awesome
4th - Garbage
5th - IDGAF

You thought Temple of Doom was garbage? I didn't like it as much as the first and third, but it wasn't bad. The 4th? Yes, it was garbage. And I have zero interest in the 5th.

There deserves to be a middle rating of 'okay'. That's what Temple of Doom gets. Better than the 2008 one but not close to Raiders or Last Crusade.

For my part, I watched Temple once in the theater. Never have watched it a second time.

The runaway mine train jump was just absurdly beyond my willingness to suspend disbelief.

Loved the first 3. Disappointed with the 4th. Won't watch the 5th.

Won't watch the next Star Wars movie either. Also, seeing how long I can go without watching Marvel. That sounds like a small thing but I have been reading Marvel comics 40 years up until today. I only buy and read old issues though. Nothing new and nothing from a comic store. They are all woke.

For my part, I watched Temple once in the theater. Never have watched it a second time.

The runaway mine train jump was just absurdly beyond my willingness to suspend disbelief.

Honestly, other than Raiders (when I was 5 or 6), I haven't seen any of them in the theater. Part of that is that I hate the movie theater experience - crappy overpriced food and drinks and the inability to go to the bathroom without missing the movie.

Loved the first 3. Disappointed with the 4th. Won't watch the 5th.

Won't watch the next Star Wars movie either. Also, seeing how long I can go without watching Marvel. That sounds like a small thing but I have been reading Marvel comics 40 years up until today. I only buy and read old issues though. Nothing new and nothing from a comic store. They are all woke.

Ugh. Don't get me started on Star Wars. They've been going downhill since the prequels, which downgraded the series from great to mediocre. The sequels were mostly crap with some woke elements. Anything they'd come out with at this point will be atrocious - even worse quality and over the top wokeness. They'll find a way to make Luke queer or trans. Or they'll go in the direction of Rey. They'll have her dressing and she'll have a Dylan Mulvany-style bulge, which will be their hint that she's actually trans.

Last edited:
I actually didn't mind the prequels. But the last 3 were atrocious. It was basically okay until Disney took over. The one saving grace is Dave Filoni. He makes Star Wars stories that are true to the spirit of it. He doesn't add woke stuff.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Back