Post Left Wing looniness here

maybe I am too "nationalistic" BUT WTF the DOJ is investigating Musk/Space ex for hiring AMERICAN CITIZENS.
The crooked feds are trying to charge that they were supposed to also hire refugees .
Musk says because it is technical area meritocracy has to be considered.
WHY would the gov't got after companies hiring American Citizens?

This "however, what Americans don't always understand is that there is a non-sexual context for nudity in Europe that isn't present in the United States."
The article lists much more than non-sexual nudity.

I know. I'm not defending that at all. I'm distinguishing it from the "normal" nudity you see in Europe.

I hope that substitute teacher was fired. But she will go spew her Demx lies in another school.
I was at a gathering when someone I didn't know complained about DeSantis "banning books", she hoped Abbott wouldn't ban books here.:facepalm:
Someone patiently explained no books were being banned. Some books were being taken from elementary schools libraries and reading lists. Not a ban at all.
Went on to explain even here some books were being removed. Even showed her pics on phones from books that were taken from schools here. Books with pics on anal and oral sex. Asked her if she thought those books were appropriate for 6 y os.
The witch didn't believe that happened and said again banning books is what Nazis did.
These people believe MSM. That is what we are up against.

Came up to Boston for a few days with my girlfriend. City is great - feels safe and no visible homelessness in the city streets or parks. The high yesterday was 75 degrees with no humidity.

Interestingly met a young couple from Quebec Canada. During the back and forth, they said most people in Quebec are atheist. They have given up on God.

I think that’s where the US is headed. And it ain’t good.

Came up to Boston for a few days with my girlfriend. City is great - feels safe and no visible homelessness in the city streets or parks. The high yesterday was 75 degrees with no humidity.

Interestingly met a young couple from Quebec Canada. During the back and forth, they said most people in Quebec are atheist. They have given up on God.

I think that’s where the US is headed. And it ain’t good.

Canada is going the way of the of Western Europe - a big rise in atheism and agnosticism coupled with very low observance even for professed "Christians." However, I think that couple has it wrong.

After living in Europe for awhile, I'm starting to suspect that the reason Europe (and Canada) is becoming so secular isn't that people "gave up on God." That description gives the impression that God somehow failed them. Instead, I think God delivered so much for them that they've lost sight of why they have it so good and think they don't need God. A left wing culture discouraging religious observance doesn't help, but let's bear in mind that many of the most religious countries in Europe used to be under communism, which expressly mandated atheism by law. It's about more than cultural institutions becoming screwed up by leftism.

I also think cynicism has set in. Most of Europe (and Canada) has established churches. What are these? They are institutions funded and administered by the government under the guise of Christianity. Like any other government institution, they are often corrupt, because they're beholden to slimy politicians and appropriators. The Bible is a tool to justify state power or some political interest more than a guide upon which individuals can build a relationship with God. It's easy to become cynical of religion when that's how it's run. I'm not saying there aren't any decent people working for the established churches. There certainly are, but they aren't in charge.

(I actually attended a Church of England service a few months ago with a visiting friend who wanted to attend and spoke to one of these decent people. He made it clear to us after the service that the church is under significant pressure to incorporate woke gender ideology, which he resists. I commend him for it, but he shouldn't have to deal with that crap.)

The US is heading that way in certain areas for sure, but I think the reason it hasn't fully gone that way is that our churches aren't run that way. They aren't perfect by any means, but when good people run a church in the US, they can follow the Bible both in their teaching and by example. That allows them to invoke far greater moral authority with people when they tell them they should submit to God and the Bible. That's why though I don't buy into it as they modern left applies it, I'm a very big believer in separation of church and state as the founding fathers applied it. It has been good for the church and the state.

I think God delivered so much for them that they've lost sight of why they have it so good and think they don't need God. A left wing culture discouraging religious observance doesn't help, but let's bear in mind that many of the most religious countries in Europe used to be under communism, which expressly mandated atheism by law. It's about more than cultural institutions becoming screwed up by leftism.

That encapsulates much of the history of the Jewish people as written in the Old Testament.

They get enslaved or oppressed and a righteous leader arises and returns the people to God. They have it good for a while and the generations that didn't live through the hardship forget God and turn to worshiping idols. This leads to Israel's downfalll...wash, rinse, repeat.

We are in an idol worshiping phase. The pelvic god reigns supreme for many people these days, with many horrific outcomes including all those negative things that come from the insistence that we must be free to use our reproductive organs however we want, whenever we want, and with whom or whatever we want.

Those drag queen men welcoming young children into that store are pathetic. They aren't very well groomed and their costumes look wrinkled and cheap.
Disney should be ashamed.

Yes, after all, the lack of grooming and wrinkled costumes is the big concern here.

To me, it just shows what their priority is. Back in the day, Disney's priority would have been perfect costumes and using the people who most resembled the characters. Now the priority is using people that most reflect gender ideology even if they look like crap and nothing like the characters. Far more important to trans the kids than to stay true to the movies.

Last edited:
Yea I was trying to go for humour absurdity and sarcasm. How obscene it is that they even have dudes pretending to be "Godmothers"
And unkempt dudes in wrinkled clothes pulled from Goodwill bags.
Disney failed on all fronts.

To me, it just shows what their priority is. Back in the day, Disney's priority would have been perfect costumes and using the people who most resembled the characters. Now the priority is using people that most reflect gender ideology even if they look like crap and nothing like the characters. Far more important to trans the kids than to stay true to the movies.

This is why I will probably never go back to Disney. They've lost their edge (not necessarily the wokeness although that's not helpful). I've been roughly 12 times during my lifetime and absolutely loved it. Every single time everything seemed nearly perfect. Everyone is friendly, the place is impeccably clean, all rides working, etc.

My last trip about 7 years ago I had a slew of issues that came up from them messing up my meal plan to rides being down to over flowing trash cans, etc. The final straw seems innocent enough, but after waiting nearly 2 hours for the Pirates of the Caribbean in 95 degree 90% humidity, I get to the gate and the girl there was leaning against the podium on her phone. I smiled and asked how her day was going so she looked up and said, "Well, this is my 10th straight day they made me work so I guess it could be better".

That would have NEVER happened before. I just dropped about $5,000 on a trip to the most magical place on Earth and the culture has crumbled. Never again.

Personally, I lost any interest in going to Disneyworld or Disneyland when my brother-in-law took my niece and nephews there and told me he "hemorrhaged money to spend most of the day standing in line and eating crappy food." I went as a kid in the '80s (to World and Land) and enjoyed it ok, but I know it hasn't been the same in years.

Deez, Jr. has mild interest in it mostly because of Star Wars, but I encourage him to appreciate other amusement parks that have shorter lines, museums, and historical sites. For example, he really wants to see Neuschwanstein Castle. I've been there, but he was too young to remember. I'd much rather take him there - educational, beautiful to see, and much cheaper.

I have heard from a few of my friends that Dollywood is the way to go.
Immaculately clean, much less expensive. fun rides, good Southern food, and in a beautiful area.
Plus, Dolly. Who doesn't love her and all the altruistic things she does?

Personally, I lost any interest in going to Disneyworld or Disneyland when my brother-in-law took my niece and nephews there and told me he "hemorrhaged money to spend most of the day standing in line and eating crappy food." I went as a kid in the '80s (to World and Land) and enjoyed it ok, but I know it hasn't been the same in years.

Deez, Jr. has mild interest in it mostly because of Star Wars, but I encourage him to appreciate other amusement parks that have shorter lines, museums, and historical sites. For example, he really wants to see Neuschwanstein Castle. I've been there, but he was too young to remember. I'd much rather take him there - educational, beautiful to see, and much cheaper.
Love Neuschwanstein and the other castles in the area. And the drive from there through the alps to Zurich I mentioned elsewhere. Definitely one of my best vacations ever, but I don't know how much you kids would like the castles.

Instead, I think God delivered so much for them that they've lost sight of why they have it so good and think they don't need God.

An all good post, but this is the line that summed it up for me. It's surprisingly hard to remain poor in spirit as Matthew 5:3 requires. When it's going good, it's easy to think, "I've got this all figured out." with regards to general stuff in life and spiritual parts.

I don't see any hope beyond the SCOTUS stepping in to stop Trump from going to jail. This country has become a rigged banana republic.

Canada is going the way of the of Western Europe - a big rise in atheism and agnosticism coupled with very low observance even for professed "Christians." However, I think that couple has it wrong.

After living in Europe for awhile, I'm starting to suspect that the reason Europe (and Canada) is becoming so secular isn't that people "gave up on God." That description gives the impression that God somehow failed them. Instead, I think God delivered so much for them that they've lost sight of why they have it so good and think they don't need God. A left wing culture discouraging religious observance doesn't help, but let's bear in mind that many of the most religious countries in Europe used to be under communism, which expressly mandated atheism by law. It's about more than cultural institutions becoming screwed up by leftism.

I also think cynicism has set in. Most of Europe (and Canada) has established churches. What are these? They are institutions funded and administered by the government under the guise of Christianity. Like any other government institution, they are often corrupt, because they're beholden to slimy politicians and appropriators. The Bible is a tool to justify state power or some political interest more than a guide upon which individuals can build a relationship with God. It's easy to become cynical of religion when that's how it's run. I'm not saying there aren't any decent people working for the established churches. There certainly are, but they aren't in charge.

(I actually attended a Church of England service a few months ago with a visiting friend who wanted to attend and spoke to one of these decent people. He made it clear to us after the service that the church is under significant pressure to incorporate woke gender ideology, which he resists. I commend him for it, but he shouldn't have to deal with that crap.)

The US is heading that way in certain areas for sure, but I think the reason it hasn't fully gone that way is that our churches aren't run that way. They aren't perfect by any means, but when good people run a church in the US, they can follow the Bible both in their teaching and by example. That allows them to invoke far greater moral authority with people when they tell them they should submit to God and the Bible. That's why though I don't buy into it as they modern left applies it, I'm a very big believer in separation of church and state as the founding fathers applied it. It has been good for the church and the state.
I think people are giving up on Religion versus God. Religion is run by people and those people are too often less than godly. Unfortunately Religion is political and bends to the current social climes. Hollywood never seems to miss an opportunity to make the clergyman out as some criminal or pervert these days. Sure it has and does happen but Hollywood seems to take great pleasure in painting it that way pretty consistently these days even when it has next to no bearing on the story line of the show.

I think people are giving up on Religion versus God. Religion is run by people and those people are too often less than godly.

This undoubtedly happens from time to time. I was a kid at the time, but I remember hearing of people becoming disillusioned with Christianity in the wake of the scandals involving Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, and Robert Tilton. However, I suspect that the failings of religious leaders like these guys are more often a rationalization for people who were never open to faith than the actual cause of people leaving.

I also think it's worth asking if someone who does this was ever actually a Christian. If you found God and sincerely accepted Christ through Jim Bakker's ministry, so what if he gets caught stealing money and banging Jessica Hahn (and allegedly some dudes)? Your relationship and faith is supposed to be with God, not with Jim Bakker.

I guess they're afraid that if they just call him "Asian," people will confuse him with the lead singer from Fine Young Cannibals.

In all seriousness, I do think the term "Asian" is dumb in this context, because it's far too broad and ambiguous. When an American says "Asian," what they usually mean is "somebody who looks kinda Chinese." When a European says "Asian," they usually mean "somebody who looks kinda Arabic." Both are correct but describe wildly different appearances. We need some other terms.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back