Other Regionals

The score bug for the Clemson/Florida game is driving me crazy because it shows a blue bar for Florida and an orange bar for Clemson, but Florida is actually wearing their orange jerseys and Clemson is wearing their "Regalia" colored jerseys, which look blue on my tv screen.

Last edited:
Yeah, givem, that color match is ... not a good choice by ESPN.
To the 13th, still tied at 9. Both teams getting chances, not getting timely hits yet.
:hookem:

To the bottom of 12.
Clemson has taken a 1 run lead in the top of the 12th, on solo home run. Some fireworks during the celebration, 2 coaches ejected: FL head coach Bakich, don't know who the other is or which team (I would guess FL, though.)

To the bottom of 12.
Clemson has taken a 1 run lead in the top of the 12th, on solo home run. Some fireworks during the celebration, 2 coaches ejected: FL head coach Bakich, don't know who the other is or which team (I would guess FL, though.)
Gurk. Bakich is CLEMSON HC, other coach also may be Clemson.

Clemson head coach Erik Bakich and assistant coach Jack Leggett were ejected (Leggett is their former head coach, fired back in 2015, but is a Program Director now?). Not sure why. Crazy.

Last edited:
Florida scores 2 in bottom of 13th, bases loaded double. Florida to CWS, vs 3 seed winner (A&M super.) Final score 11 to 10, Florida.

On the ejections: Announcers were saying it had something to do with the bench celebration on the home run in top of the 12th. That seems like a bit of over-involvement by the umpires here. Moot now, anyway, unless the automatic suspensions carry over to next year. Anyone know?
:hookem"

Oregon just went back to back to back Jacks to lead Aggie 4-1 in bottom of 1st. Aggue started was pulled due to apparent injury.

Clemson batter hit a HR, but while watching it sail, he slammed his bat down as hard as he could. It wasn't close to anyone, but the home plate umpire took exception to it. It appeared that the hitter was tossed. Clemson coach was shown clearly saying, "that's ******* ********" in the umpires face. That will usually get you tossed.

Later, ESPN said that the batter was not tossed but both benches were warmed that after the early game incident there would be no tolerance of any kind of "in your face" by either team. It was reported that the player could come back and play the next game, even though he put his hands on the umpire. Clemson's HC was apparently going to be suspended for 2, maybe three games.

ESPN lost several of its cameras and inside the park communication ability. They had a female on the field talking to the umpires during most of the discussions.

On another front, Aggies starter was removed with an injury in the first inning. The team with the neon ****** uniforms hit back to back to back HRs.

4-1 quackers in top of second

Well boys, looks like our underdog, Evansville's days are numbered.

Still a lot of innings left in the aggie game. Those are some god awful looking uniforms.

fan,

While I agree with you, every time I look at them, I am thankful they don't have yellow pants or all yellow uniforms. There are some really sick people working for Nike in Oregon.

Tennessee to Omaha. The second SEC team to punch their ticket and one team built to go the distance.

Ducks pitcher is having a meltdown. Three aggy runs in the top of the 7th, all three scored on walks with the bases loaded (and the bases are still loaded with two outs).

WOW!!, walked in 4 runs!!!!! Unbelievable.

and simultaneously OSU has two on and now outs against Kentucky.

He just walked in another run, tie ball game now (8-8), and the Ducks' coach is finally going to change pitchers.

Last edited:
Squeeze play is great for this, both games are going with dramatic play. OSU puts the ball in play and the SS couldn't catch it. Bases loaded, no outs.

and bases loaded, 2 outs at aggie land.

Kentucky coach says he's been watching what's going on down in Collie Station and replacing the pitcher long before he walks in 5 runs.

Will be interesting to see what the Pierce die-hards here are saying when we see aggy in the CWS finals against one of the ACC teams

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back