Other Regionals

568691-bed78b7a68971639ab8c9e0f79285384.jpg

I've had mostly good interactions with nutmeggers. There's a lot going on in that place, sociologically speaking.

On another note, Mystic Pizza is a good film for a chick flick.

One very obnoxious viewpoint that seems common in that part of the country is that they think the smart kids all go to the top private colleges, and public U. is for the losers. This is despite the N.E. having some really good public schools, like U Conn, the various SUNY schools, etc. Even Zoo-Mass is at least on the academic level of aTm--despite being a party school on the level of Texas State. Perhaps the U Conn folks are suffering from that--a public school chip on the shoulder.

Last edited:
U Conn has clearly replaced BC as the top college baseball team in the Northeast.

:uconn:

Wheat aggy and mountain bob are the last remaining Big XII teams. This conference was so bad this year and we couldn't figure out how to finish better than 3rd.

Tennessee ended up taking that game 11-6. Meanwhile, our former conference foes are currently playing, with WVA trailing UNC in the bottom of the 5th and K-State leading UVA 1-0 in the top of the 2nd.

lol, I saw that, it wasnt long after I posted that, it was a shame too cause that pitcher was doing good, but then walked two, had two outs and the guy unleashed a no doubter. Then the next pitch or two ends the inning. Up til then it was competitive.

I get back to the couch and now WV is leading by 2 in the 7th. Apparently NC took WV lightly cause WV ain’t no where near as good as LSU who they eliminated last weekend.

KSU and WV both down 0-1 now after the first game of the super regional.

Been watching games all day and none of the winners today looked like clear cut favorites to me.

One might look at the score of UConn and Fla St. but the regional UConn won was weak and therefore sets up a lopsided Super.

Fla St crowd was loud and into the game yesterday. I was impressed. I know we played a regional or super down there years ago but I didn't remember it being very loud, of course, us winning probably didn't help. :lmao:

NC game ended in dramatic fashion last night, i'm a fan of Vance Honeycutt, kid can play.

NC was down 6-5 in the 9th, WV pitcher was at 133 pitches to begin the inning.

1st pitch tying homerun
k (1 out)
single
Pitching change with 144 total pitches (Derek Clark)
k (2 outs)
Vance Honeycutt- with 1 runner on, 2 outs, 3-1 count hits a no doubt walk off homerun.

8-6 final NC.

Pretty cool game, if you want to watch just the 9th, it's on demand on ESPN+, go to about the 2:45 mark.

Chop should change the title of this thread to the Texas Head Baseball Coach Auditions

Last edited:
NC State coach clearly trying to make his case for replacing Pierce, but…he’s too old (68)

Last edited:
Some tubby guy just hit a home run for UConn, tying the score 8-8 in the bottom of the 9th. Seminoles fans getting a little nervous.

Ducks begin their series with aggy with a 2-run blast in the first. I think aggy losses will be my only source of joy for the rest of this tournament (other than finding our new head coach somewhere along the way too, of course).

Last edited:
Aggy somehow cheats and answers back with 3 runs in the bottom of the first. This does not sit well with me.

Seminoles are the first to punch their ticket to Omaha. Coach Jarrett tried to make the case for replacing Pierce at the 2022 CWS (when Notre Dame beat us in our first game), but we weren’t listening. Now that he’s taking the Seminoles to Omaha in only his second year, maybe we should give him a serious look.

I would prefer not to get too excited over someone that just so happens to go to Omaha this year, Vitello comes to mind, if he even makes it, he's Pierce 2.0 in my book. He has Frank Anderson as his pitching coach.

I want to look at guys who OVER achieve for their situation. In spite of the disadvantages they have like NIL and at a school that they shouldn't compete for top talent, they still beat the big boys because they find guys who can play and under the radar.

Jarrett was a good candidate when he was at Notre Dame. Erick Bakich was a good candidate at Michigan and may still be a good candidate at Clemson. The Coastal Carolina coach would have been a good candidate but i think he retired due to having to deal with NIL. The Oregon St. coach. Would have loved Casey but he's retired.

Some folks are high on East Carolina coach, i'm not, if you're good, you can win at East Carolina, he's good but not good enough.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back