Other Regionals

At least we can eliminate the Oregon coach from contention for the Texas job. He left that pitcher in way too long

Aggie big inning finally ends but pretty sure that's all they are going to need to finish off the Ducks.

Watching aggy win is almost as painful to me as watching Texas lose. And for them to go to Omaha instead of us is a sickening blasphemy, an insult to all that is holy in college baseball. Thank you David Pierce for making us witness this

Last edited:
I'm beginning to wonder if the "ghost of Tom Chandler's brain" roams the visitors locker room since it seems some "very good to outstanding" coaches go braindead in Brazos County.

I was kinda confused with the horde of shirtless dudes outside the aggy right field fence. Then I remembered that pride month started on the 1st. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

5966c1fa74c16.image_.jpg

I think college baseball over all was weak this year.

None of the teams left in the playoffs strike me as THE team to win it all.

It’s interesting to me that all the Pierce die-hards have disappeared from this playoff thread and have instead gravitated to the high school baseball thread, lol. Much easier to just stick your head in the sand, I guess.

Last edited:
It's a no win situation with Pierce supporters or non supporters.

It's possible that there are 5 teams from the SEC in Omaha this year, no matter who leads the team, next year is going to be a serious challenge cause our team has no talent left and I don't care how good the incoming freshman class is, it's not going to save next year.

I wasn't very excited about this year's field but I am a little intrigued by the Tennessee vs. Florida St. game.

On the left side of the bracket I wonder if Vitello can get over the hump. I don't think Virginia or NC are as strong as Tennessee or Fla St but that's why they play the games.

On the right side they all look dead even to me, I have no idea who wins that side, it's going to be whoever gets hot and makes the fewest errors.

Geez, screw Oregon St., i swear, i can't watch **** like that. Kentucky just needs to put them out of their misery.

Freaking lazy *** pitcher casually walks toward home plate after he sent the ball to the backstop and Kentucky scores from 2nd base cause no one was covering home. :puke:

I would be livid out of my mind if i was the coach.

You can go ahead and scratch that Oregon St. coach off the list of candidates, i damn sure ain't trading one poor fundamental coach for another.

It's possible that there are 5 teams from the SEC in Omaha this year, no matter who leads the team, next year is going to be a serious challenge
Next year will be a disaster either way (thanks again David Pierce), but you have to start rebuilding somewhere, and sooner is better than later.

Last edited:
3 SEC teams punched their ticket so far, A&M now in. 2 pending with Georgia playing tomorrow.

Kentucky likely to punch their ticket next.

3 teams from the ACC and 3 teams from the SEC in the world series so far. Only two spots left, could be and likely will be an all SEC/ACC world series.

and Pierce said the Big XII was strong this year. :rolleyes1:

Of course he would say that, it makes him look better, facts are hard to hide from. Zero Big XII teams in Omaha and both that made it to the Supers went 2 and que. :smh:

Is it wrong that I’ll be rooting for the ACC teams in the CWS against our new SEC “brethren”, lol. I kinda feel sorry for the ACC, as they get no respect now that Dabo has renounced NIL for football. I want every SEC team but us to suck in every single sport going forward.

I don't know who I'm rooting for in Omaha yet, it will be an underdog and I'll jinx them so there's that. I really want NC St to beat Georgia tomorrow and I might root for them. If they don't make it I might pull for North Carolina.

Outside of those two, i don't think i care. And to be honest, i barely even care at all with this field.

It's a no win situation with Pierce supporters or non supporters.

It's possible that there are 5 teams from the SEC in Omaha this year, no matter who leads the team, next year is going to be a serious challenge cause our team has no talent left and I don't care how good the incoming freshman class is, it's not going to save next year.

"Left"???

I seem to recall Gus riding Swindell's arm when he was a freshman, as well as a couple of incoming freshmen after that. Times change, and perhaps so do coaches thoughts & procedures. When asked how far Texas would go, he replied, "As far as Swindell's arm would take us"

Tanner Witt was supposed to be our ace, but while we hope he heals completely, I also remember Gus practicing the fall semester with his "ace" having arm problems from which he never recovered - resulted in losing the final game in Omaha.

I was convinced that Pierce was the "genius" behind Graham's recruiting at Rice. NIL, education, food & living conditions in Travis County are one helluva a lot better than minor league ball. Has select ball totally depleted the talent pool. Chris has a whole bunch of investigating to do, not only the individual applicants, but also the overall market. I don't envy him, but I do have faith in his ability to do the right thing, but I may not live long enough to see it.

Kentucky headed to Omaha. That's 4 SEC teams now and 3 ACC. It is now guaranteed to be an all SEC/ACC world series.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-GEORGIA *
Sat, Oct 19 • 6:30 PM on ABC

Recent Threads

Back