OTHER GAMES

San Fran vs. KC.

No thanks. Could care less.

My guess is that the script calls for Kelce to catch a game winning TD after a heroic Mahomes led comeback.

Watch for the Chiefs to continue to get the full Patriot treatment from the officials to ensure that outcome.

I'll be making some bookshelves.

Last edited:
Who has the TV rights to the Super Bowl?

Will they do a pay-per-view single camera in the Taylor Swift suite? That may make more money than the game.
personally I don't know why people even mention Taylor. This is football. She gets way too much press and attention and she's in a whole different field of entertainment.
Kudos to her for her hard work and achievements but this is football.

Last edited:
Another observation:

For probably the first time in Super Bowl history, the team preference will be determined by the gender of the fan. (Is it kosher to even talk about gender these days?)

Just guessing that 90% of the women will be pulling for Kansas City, and probably close to that percentage of men will be pulling for San Francisco.

Another observation:

For probably the first time in Super Bowl history, the team preference will be determined by the gender of the fan. (Is it kosher to even talk about gender these days?)

Just guessing that 90% of the women will be pulling for Kansas City, and probably close to that percentage of men will be pulling for San Francisco.
Need to add that 100% of teenage girls — 99.9999% of whom have never watched a Super Bowl — will be pulling for KC.

Sadly, many of those 99 % girls spend endless hours following TS: dreaming / wanting to be her, sing like her, look like her, be glamorous like her, have an NFL boyfriend, be famous and rich like her, etc.

personally I don't know why people even mention Taylor. This is football. She gets way too much press and attention and she's in a whole different field of entertainment.
Kudos to her for her hard work and achievements but this is football.
I have exactly the same reaction when somebody indicates that they are for or against some team or another because of the city in which the team is headquartered. Just like Swift, the city may have its achievements or imperfections, but this is football. It's not Ms. Swift or Baltimore or Dallas out there on the field. ;)

Sadly, many of those 99 % girls spend endless hours following TS: dreaming / wanting to be her, sing like her, look like her, be glamorous like her, have an NFL boyfriend, be famous and rich like her, etc.
'Teenage girls'?? Hell, I have those wants and dreams... ok not the NFL boyfriend part but I'll take the rich part.

It's not about the quality of opponent or football vs ???. It's about TV sets tuned on. I know nothing about her except that having her there may indeed add an extra 30-40 million viewers to sell to the advertisers. Kinda goes with the old BigTen TV contract.

^^^ yup, extra eyeballs is BIG extra AD $$$ for the SB. In fact, a few advertisers may be trying to get her to do a special ad or two?

Taylor attendance is clearly a gift for the Networks and the NFL.

upload_2024-1-29_10-56-23.jpeg

I very, very rarely watch NFL football, and haven't since 1995 or thereabouts.

If the modern game is consistently going to include National Enquirer style gossip coverage, I'll make an absolute point of never tuning in again.

I very, very rarely watch NFL football, and haven't since 1995 or thereabouts.

If the modern game is consistently going to include National Enquirer style gossip coverage, I'll make an absolute point of never tuning in again.
You will be sorely missed. We will try to limp along without you. ;)

And teenage boys will follow Kelce trying to be an NFL player with a famous girl friend?

It's not about the quality of opponent or football vs ???. It's about TV sets tuned on. I know nothing about her except that having her there may indeed add an extra 30-40 million viewers to sell to the advertisers. Kinda goes with the old BigTen TV contract.
CBS is having orgasmic experiences probably every few minutes as they imagine the financial windfall headed their way.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back