OTHER GAMES

^^^ yup, extra eyeballs is BIG extra AD $$$ for the SB. In fact, a few advertisers may be trying to get her to do a special ad or two?

Taylor attendance is clearly a gift for the Networks and the NFL.

Heard on the news this evening that Taylor Swift attendance at the Super Bowl is estimated to be worth $331 MM for the NFL and the networks. :yikes:

Last edited:
So, okay I’ll take the bait and disagree with the conversation—after all, it’s Hornfans….

For a world popular icon (so this room has Madonna, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Brittany Spears, Marilyn Monroe, Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, Janis Joplin, and personalities like that in it)—isn’t Taylor Swift the most normal, balanced person in the history of superstars? Isn’t it nice that the person who happens to be getting this attention is, for a change, NOT a freak?

She is the female version of Matthew McConaughey. .

and, isn’t it a legitimate person for her to date, or vice versa, Kelce, a smart handsome athlete who already has money and already knows how to handle media attention? Would you guys be happier if she was sleazing with her drummer and her 18 year old backup dancer?

and hasn’t Taylor Swift always respected the NFL games she is watching? Isn’t she completely appropriate as a fan of a team or friend? Has she tried to steal any attention from the game? Imagine if Janet Jackson had the cameras on her in the middle of a Super Bowl…oh yeah….

Haven’t we as hard core male football fans wanted females to watch and learn to love the NFL- the finest sport ever played? I am willing to bet that this year more women will actually pay attention to some or all of the game, not just the halftime. Isn’t that a better Super Bowl party when the women will sit in the room with the TV other than halftime?

join me!! Celebrate this wholesome couple!

VY,

From what I understand she is by far and away the smartest business person of all of the "super stars" listed or previously paid to be at the Super Bowl.

Paul McCartney has long said that Dave Clark, leader of the Dave Clark Five, was the smartest musician of that generation. Taylor Swift seems to have either read his book or used his outline for her financial success, and done it with class and dignity. Can't speak to the quality of her music as I've never listen to her nor watched her perform.

I do like a couple of her songs but i don't listen to her often. She has a hard work ethic and she may be a billionaire one day. I think she is half way there.:mj:

VY,

From what I understand she is by far and away the smartest business person of all of the "super stars" listed or previously paid to be at the Super Bowl.

Paul McCartney has long said that Dave Clark, leader of the Dave Clark Five, was the smartest musician of that generation. Taylor Swift seems to have either read his book or used his outline for her financial success, and done it with class and dignity. Can't speak to the quality of her music as I've never listen to her nor watched her perform.
McCartney has a heck of a business mind too.

424708266_7265275340161257_902943048340648435_n.jpg

So, okay I’ll take the bait and disagree with the conversation—after all, it’s Hornfans….

For a world popular icon (so this room has Madonna, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Brittany Spears, Marilyn Monroe, Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, Janis Joplin, and personalities like that in it)—isn’t Taylor Swift the most normal, balanced person in the history of superstars? Isn’t it nice that the person who happens to be getting this attention is, for a change, NOT a freak?

and, isn’t it a legitimate person for her to date, or vice versa, Kelce, a smart handsome athlete who already has money and already knows how to handle media attention? Would you guys be happier if she was sleazing with her drummer and her 18 year old backup dancer?

and hasn’t Taylor Swift always respected the NFL games she is watching? Isn’t she completely appropriate as a fan of a team or friend? Has she tried to steal any attention from the game? Imagine if Janet Jackson had the cameras on her in the middle of a Super Bowl…oh yeah….

Haven’t we as hard core male football fans wanted females to watch and learn to love the NFL- the finest sport ever played? I am willing to bet that this year more women will actually pay attention to some or all of the game, not just the halftime. Isn’t that a better Super Bowl party when the women will sit in the room with the TV other than halftime?

I have zero problems with them as a couple. I have a problem with paparazzi photos and way over the top media promotion of their relationship. It's the gossip culture I find revolting, not necessarily the people being gossiped about.

I think it was 24 seconds out of 3 1/2 hours of broadcast time in the Bills/Chiefs game Swift got. It’s not really worth the butthurt some folks are getting over this. She absolutely has brought a lot of new NFL fans to the table by just attending her boyfriend’s games. I’ve seen a read a lot of testimonials from fathers and husbands who are connecting with their female family members because of this. How on earth is that a bad thing?

Watch the video of her on the field after the AFC championship game when Travis and his brother embrace. She didn’t just step aside, she got about 10 feet away into the crowd to watch and let them have their moment together. Travis's mother has nothing but good to say about her and she seems quite the no nonsense kind of gal.

If anything admire her songwriting, singing and showmanship talent. May not be your cup of tea but apparently millions upon millions feel differently. She a business savvy woman and owns her own music which is almost groundbreaking in that industry.

I’m not really a big fan of hers but I admire and respect her and do like some of her stuff. Not enough to go to a concert, but I don’t race to change the station if her songs are played on the radio

I’m with you HV, not much of an overall music fan of hers but I heard an on-air radio interview when she was 15 that impressed me with her fresh personality way back then. She performed her “when you hear Tim McGraw” song live, with just her guitar. Impressive. The rerelease of her albums after the record label issue was brilliant.
Of course it’s well known in my family that I’m a sucker for the talented young girl artists because of my infatuation over Brenda Lee which started when she was also only 15 (I was too then). She’s still my fav.
So many of them dissolve into disgusting (imo) unfavorable characters that I’m hoping Taylor holds on to a semblance of good character. And yeah I have daughters and granddaughters that are Swifties but better her than soooo many others.

Excellent post

Not trying to say how anybody else should feel about this, but, just for myself, I love watching the game of football being played on the field no matter what level (HS, college, pros), which might explain why I am one of the more prolific posters in this "Other Games" thread. If I were to boycott a team or a game or a league because of anything other than the game on the field (e.g., excessive shots of celebrities in the stands, or my disapproval of the town in which a particular team is headquartered, or the political views of one or more players, or coaches, or owners, or leagues, or girlfriends) all I would be accomplishing is shooting myself in the foot. So, I'm going to keep watching every single game that I can for the limited time I have left on the planet, regardless of how I feel about anything other than the actual play on the field. As I said, not trying to make anybody change their minds or watch something they don't want to watch. This is just what works for me. Looking forward to the Super Bowl, regardless of whether I enjoy (or approve of) the halftime performers (I usually skip the halftime to prepare munchies for the second half). :)

Last edited:
Stanin, that’s why I was at every game during Covid . Was great, no lines for anything, not crazy about the rain though.

I respect that she is genuinely at the Chiefs games for her BF. She does not appear to want or seek any game time attention in the suite or on the field. Of course, she gets PLENTY of that elsewhere. Like a previous poster stated, it's the disgusting media paparazzi seeking her out at games that gets things over the top.

Last edited:
McCartney has a heck of a business mind too.
Definitely.
If only they could get her to perform at halftime.

Are you really trying to infer that McConaughey is not a freak?
Isn't he basically a simple family guy in his personal life? You have to have a little uniqueness in the first place to be known and pursued by like a billion people—the superstars I was comparing—and then there is the effect that attention has on that person, and when that uniqueness and that fame combine, only rarely is a fairly normal acting and likable human being still there. So, in that world, McConaughey isn’t much freaky.
I’m not all that intense a fan of either of them (although Taylor Swift’s very best songs are very good and McConaughey’s best acting—especially True Detective!—is brilliant).

I think it was 24 seconds out of 3 1/2 hours of broadcast time in the Bills/Chiefs game Swift got. It’s not really worth the butthurt some folks are getting over this. She absolutely has brought a lot of new NFL fans to the table by just attending her boyfriend’s games. I’ve seen a read a lot of testimonials from fathers and husbands who are connecting with their female family members because of this. How on earth is that a bad thing?

Watch the video of her on the field after the AFC championship game when Travis and his brother embrace. She didn’t just step aside, she got about 10 feet away into the crowd to watch and let them have their moment together. Travis's mother has nothing but good to say about her and she seems quite the no nonsense kind of gal.

If anything admire her songwriting, singing and showmanship talent. May not be your cup of tea but apparently millions upon millions feel differently. She a business savvy woman and owns her own music which is almost groundbreaking in that industry.

I’m not really a big fan of hers but I admire and respect her and do like some of her stuff. Not enough to go to a concert, but I don’t race to change the station if her songs are played on the radio
Great post. I have been contemplating my response.

While it is true that interest in the game has skyrocketed because of Swift, those new viewers are not football fans. My guess is that 95% of them (maybe 99.9%) will immediately disappear as soon as a) KC is not involved in the game (next year), b) Kelce retires, or c) they are no longer a “thing.” In other words, the newfound interest of the masses is temporary, fleeting, and not sustainable.

For me, it’s a distraction. It has nothing to do with football, and prior to the Swift phenomenon, 99.9% of fans watched games for the game, not the distraction. They are true football fans, not Swifties.

My primary issue with Swift, aside from what I will call “star fatigue,” is that she has chosen to enter the political arena and take sides. That’s unnecessary, and not cool. Regardless of the actor/actress, stay in your lane, please.

My primary issue with Swift, aside from what I will call “star fatigue,” is that she has chosen to enter the political arena and take sides. That’s unnecessary, and not cool. Regardless of the actor/actress, stay in your lane, please.
Same applies to Ted Nugent, Clint Eastwood, and Kelsey Grammer, I assume.

Someone I know died this past weekend way too young in their sleep at home. Sometimes I think I go out too much but I'm gonna keep doing it because nothing is given. We ain't all gonna make it to 80.

Sorry to learn about your friend. I know you will struggle with it for a while.

In 2020 I had 3 long time good friends die suddenly for different reasons. I struggled with emotions from each death. One of them, I have thought of every day since their death.

I got some professional counseling through my medical coverage and I read a book about dealing with death. Both helped. You might want to consider one or both of those my friend.

Last edited:
Dion,

Consider the revenue from 200,000+ teenage sponsors to HornFans
Can we share that revenue (less Dion’s cut, of course), perhaps based on number of posts?

Just being objective — and to simplify — I would suggest we set the cut off (payout) point at 5000+ posts.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back