OTHER GAMES

Wow, Bills miss a FG wide right, to tie it... KC will run out the clock and win.

Another week of attention for Taylor Swift fans!!

Last edited:
Buffalo lacks a big play WR. I know Diggs has regular season numbers and he’s had a couple of very good postseason games, but that’s where it ends. He’s not a difference maker. He essentially short-armed a 70+yd pass that could have resulted in the game winner. That left Josh Allen keeping it or repeatedly dropping it off to a rookie TE to try to win. Impossible.

Alone in my fam probably alone here on HF but I’m pulling for the chiefs - oh and has nothing to do with Swift if you might be wondering. Ha

Nash,

I'll almost always pull for the Chiefs because of Lamar Hunt & his love of Texas High School football players. He was always one of the classiest gentlemen I ever met or dealt with. The classic example I've always used was Mickey McCarty out of Pasadena HS. McCarty is in my mind the greatest all around athlete to come out of the "little SWC". (Yes, the district comprised of Pasadena, Galena Park, Baytown Robert E Lee, Texas City, Galveston Ball, & Freeport held that title before the emergence of the Permian Basin in football. People like Mickey McCarty, Bert Koen (sp), Paul Ratliffe, the 3 Talbert Brothers, Long Gone Dupree, Frank Ryan, among others)

McCarty starred in football, basketball, & baseball at Pasadena, and signed with TCU. He only played Basketball & Baseball at TCU, yet was drafted by the Chiefs, whom he started for as a TE, a position he had never played in HS. That was because Lamar Hunt knew his ability in Texas HS sports. There are other such stories.

That & the fact that Mahomes is a product of Texas HS football makes me a pseudo Chiefs fan, which is fueled by the ownerships of the Cowboys and cretins out on Kirby.

Sabre,
Ha, always enjoy and appreciate your historical perspective. I am just as my grandson told me today, don’t watch pro football until the playoffs because that is when college football is over. I’ve pulled for the Chiefs mildly since Charles, Holmes, and darn I cannot remember the LB’s name - Johnson, always liked Holmes but that show ‘Quarterback’ really sold me
This year, that crap predicting a Ravin - 9er Super Bowl really ticked me off so I’m for busting that for sure.

A Ravin/49er super bowl would be lacking for me; however, since I haven't watched an entire NFL game all year, not sure the sponsors are losing sleep trying to get me back as a fan. At least with that scenario, I'd have Tucker on one side and Shanahan on the other.

422163110_349766054640098_1316896175931991466_n.jpg

Thanks in large part to two excellent Mahomes to Kelce passes, Chiefs score on their opening possession after holding Baltimore on theirs.

I think Pacheco may be the best back I’ve seen at finding the hole - no matter how small he sees the right spot.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back