OTHER GAMES

And with that win, Army claims the C-i-C trophy for head-to-head among the Academies. Falcons had their chance and blew it with the loss to Army - and that started the losing streak that turned the 8-0 start into a final record of 8-4. Guess we'll have to see next year.

Josh Dobbs got off to a very promising start with the Vikings, but last week he threw 4 picks, and today he was benched in favor of Nick Mullens after the Vikings went scoreless in the first three quarters. . . . Minnesota won 3-0.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is a penalty either but both tackles ain't exactly close to the line of scrimmage. 3rd level.

upload_2023-12-11_13-36-59.png

Last edited:
By,

I scream at games when the dumbass WR doesn't check with the LJ or HL when lining up. It takes two seconds. It ain't rocket science.

By,

I scream at games when the dumbass WR doesn't check with the LJ or HL when lining up. It takes two seconds. It ain't rocket science.

I know. I see them checking with the ref on the sideline all the time. It's really dumb. But the Chiefs sense of entitlement is amazing. They're the victim. Jeez.

I read this somewhere on the internets about the alignment of the linemen in the NFL:

A lineman is any O player who is facing his opponent’s goal line with the line of his shoulders approximately parallel thereto and with his head or foot breaking an imaginary plane drawn parallel to the line of scrimmage through the waist of the snapper when the ball is snapped.

Two MNF games on tonight at the same time (one on ABC, the other on ESPN). I don't get the point, but I'll be flipping.

I thought both games would be lopsided. The Titans are in disarray after just firing their defensive coordinator, and the Packers have been playing well lately. Giants doing better than earlier in the season, now with back-up Tommy DeVito.
However, the Miami offense is floundering so far after Tyreek Hill tweaked a knee on an uncalled horse collar tackle. Also, the Giants are hanging in there and have forced a couple of turnovers. At the half, GB leads NY by 3, and the Titans actually lead Miami by 3.

Last edited:
As an aside, at halftime, ESPN is touting its SEC schedule for 2024, including Georgia in Austin on October 19, and Alabama visiting Norman (I didn't hear the date for that one).

Giants drive for go-ahead TD mostly on good QB scramble after GB muffs punt. . . Miami drives but has to settle for tying FG to start third quarter.

As an aside, at halftime, ESPN is touting its SEC schedule for 2024, including Georgia in Austin on October 19, and Alabama visiting Norman (I didn't hear the date for that one).
Obviously the SEC wanted a marquee match-up. Since the Bama game was this year, all but certain next year would be Georgia.

NY scores TD to take 8 point lead. Titans may have completed long pass to deep in red zone. Under review. Receiver appeared to catch it, take a couple of steps, and then get hit by defender, knocking ball out of bounds. Did he have it long enough? . . . Yes . . . Titans settle for FG, take 3 point lead, Tyreek Hill back in game for Miami.

. . . GB drives but misses 42 yard FG. Still 8 point game.

. . . Miami also drives, but Tua slips down on third and goal from the three, so Miami has to settle for another FG. Tied again.

. . . GB held to FG on its next drive and trails by 5 with a little more than 5 minutes to go.

. . . Horrible break for Giants. Barkley on a long run, starts stumbling and falls down untouched, ball comes out when he hits the ground, GB recovers with a long return deep into Giants territory. Heartbreak for Giants.

. . . Miami scores with 5:30 to play after Titans bad miscue. . . . Then Titans fumble pitch out. Implosion.

. . . Packers score with a minute and a half left. Go for 2. No good. One point lead for Packers.

. . . DeVito completes three short passes in a row and then a long one inside the Packers 30. Packers are taking time outs. Giants just setting up for the FG try. Right now, it would be a 39 yard FG try. About 30 seconds left. Giants run it again. Time out with 2 seconds left. It will be 36 yard try. Bullock missed a 48 yarder earlier. He didn't miss this one. Giants deserved this win. (Not a Giants fan btw)

Last edited:
I've always said that there is no place in football for stupid people, BUT when I said that originally Nashville did not have a team.

I wrote Titans obituary a bit too soon. They get the ball with a little more than two minutes to play trailing by only 6. First play is a long pass to DeAndre Hopkins well into Miami territory. Plenty of time left. . . next play is a screen pass to inside the 20. Two minute warning. Now, instead of worrying whether Titans can score, I'm worrying about leaving Miami too much time. . . solid gain on first down to around the six. Miami calling time outs. . . false start, nope delay of game by defense calling disconcerting signals. . . Henry runs it in with about a minute 50 left. Tie game, with extra point coming. Good. Lots of time for Miami offense. . . Regardless how this turns out, two good games on a night when I was not expecting either one to be close. . . . Tenn holds Miami on downs short of midfield. Titans win by one.

Last edited:
From nfl.com
"Next Gen stat of the game: According to Next Gen Stat's win probability model, the Titans' chances of victory were as low as 0.4% when they trailed Miami, 27-13, with 3:08 left in regulation. Their comeback win was the second-most statistically improbable victory in the Next Gen Stats era (dating back to 2016).

NFL Research: In Week 14, the Titans became the first team to win a game in which they were trailing by 14-plus points with under three minutes remaining since the Saints in Week 11, 2017 versus Washington. From Week 12, 2017 until the Titans' Week 14 win, teams trailing by 14-plus points with under three minutes remaining were 0-582."

Two 5-8 teams playing tonight, one of which (the Chargers) looks like it has given up on the season. Raiders lead 21-0 in the first quarter. . . . 28-0 in the second quarter, 21 of those after three turnovers by the Chargers in their own territory. . . Raiders moving the ball again. . . . TD. 35-0 in the first half. Wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers coach is fired before the next game. Actually, tomorrow sounds plausible. . . . 42-0 with 30 seconds left in the first half. Maybe they fire the coach at halftime. 42 point lead at half time is the second largest in NFL history. Raiders get the ball to start the second half. . . . Chargers almost held them to FG try on first possession of second half, but ruined it with facemask penalty. 49-0. The poor announcers are having to fill the air with something for another hour of this mess. 56-7 to end the third after sack fumble return for TD. . . . Pick six. 63-7 with 13 minutes left. Most points Raiders have ever scored; most points Chargers have ever given up. 63-14 with 8 minutes left.

Last edited:

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back