OTHER GAMES

Assuming Michigan wins (they are up 10-0 early) then Washington and Michigan are in, leaving two spots.

Scenario 1- If FSU wins, they are in and I think the Committee has to choose between Texas and Alabama for the final spot. IMHO, Texas should go in because we beat Alabama (by 10 at their home field).

Scenario 2 - If FSU loses, then I think the Committee has to choose between Texas, Alabama, and Georgia for the final two spots. I could see the Committee putting Texas AND Alabama in (thereby avoiding that debate).

Not sure which scenario is better for Texas, but we have done what we can….
this is what I have been saying all along

Assuming Michigan wins (they are up 10-0 early) then Washington and Michigan are in, leaving two spots.

Scenario 1- If FSU wins, they are in and I think the Committee has to choose between Texas and Alabama for the final spot. IMHO, Texas should go in because we beat Alabama (by 10 at their home field).

Scenario 2 - If FSU loses, then I think the Committee has to choose between Texas, Alabama, and Georgia for the final two spots. I could see the Committee putting Texas AND Alabama in (thereby avoiding that debate).

Not sure which scenario is better for Texas, but we have done what we can….
I don’t think it is a given that FSU is in given their injured QB situation.

2-10 Cardinals pounding the Steelers 24-3 midway through the fourth. Murray playing well for the Cards. Steelers’ starting QB went out with injury.

After Philly scores, Deebo Samuel catches pass in the middle at about Philly 40 and then runs straight up the middle through traffic to score. 28-13 . . . SF drives for another TD. 35-13 . . .

Mike Evans just went over 1000 receiving yards for the season for Tampa Bay. He has made 1000 every year he has been in the NFL-10 . Only Jerry Rice has more 1000 yard seasons..

Deebo Samuel bursts 46 yards on wide receiver screen for another TD. Philly is not invincible. SF may be.

Last edited:
Trevor Lawrence knocked out of game with injured ankle relatively late in fourth quarter on MNF. Cincy, operating the whole game with backup QB (who played college football for Washington) just got a FG to take the lead by 3 against heavily favored Jags with about 2 minutes left. Cincy's backup QB is playing very well, overcoming two terrible trick plays calls by his coach that the Jags converted into a TD and FG. C J Bethard is now in for Jags. 31-28 at the moment. . . . Jags down to Cincy 26 with a minute left. . . . Jags tie the game with 30 seconds left. . . . Going to OT. Jags to receive. . . . Jags have to punt. Cincy drives. . . Cincy has the ball third and 2 barely in FG range with about 3 minutes left in OT . . . replay to see whether runner got a couple of extra yards before being down. . . third and a half a yard. Run for first down. . . . Cincy kicks 48 yard FG to win it.

Last edited:
Steelers (with backup QB) have not been able to generate much consistent offense against the lowly Pats all night long. Trailing by 3, they have it fourth and two with about 2 minutes left close to midfield and only one timeout left. Instead of getting the two, they throw a bomb (incomplete). Dumb play.

This game is a beautiful tribute to our country and our young men and women who raise their right hands and pledge a commitment, write a check with their lives to keep us safe from the wolf. As I’ve posted previously, if you have not seen this game in person - you need to. It will make you cry tears of joy to witness this in person.

Not trying to take away from Army/Navy game...Thorpe Award this year went to Trey Taylor from Air Force. Go Navy, beat Army. (And at the time of this post, Navy is down by 10. :(>

Pretty sure that seals the deal. Army strip, scoop & score. 14 point lead in this game may as well be a 50 point lead.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back