OTHER GAMES

Ohio State counts Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Herbal Life, and all other fat people groups as well as the national polyester growers association
And don't forget the NCBA (National Couch Burners of America) & the NACBWB (National Association of Couch Burners & Wife Beaters).

Last edited:
wWecnqP.jpg

The graph says the numbers are a synthesis of 2011, 2014, and 2019 data from the NYT. Probably TV ratings? Of those years, we lost 5, 7, and 5 games respectively. Ohio State had a National championship year, a one-loss season, and (who remembered?), a 7 loss season. So, what the graph shows is that even in seasons where we lose between 5 and 7 games, we are the third largest draw in the nation.

I suspect that if we put together a one-loss season and a championship (i.e., 2003-2004), our numbers would top the list.

Meanwhile, Kansas is leading Illinois 7-0 in the 1st Q. Just watching it for the sake of watching some football. And if the Big XII doormat beats the B1G doormat, that’s OK with me.

KU holds and gets the ball back at its 17.

. . .

Illinois returns the favor and holds KU, including sacking KU QB, and, after short punt, takes over in KU territory.

. . .

Illinois can do nothing with it, and punts to KU 6.

. . .
KU QB scrambles near his own goal line on third down on next series and completes a 25 yard pass to keep this possession alive . . . KU rolling again, inside Illinois 30. . . . They keep going, now first and goal. . . . KU scores again. Their QB and running back (Neal) are both tearing into Illinois.

. . .

Illinois finally gets a (hurry-up) drive going and scores on a jump pass with 41 seconds to go in the half.

. . .

Kansas storms down field and gets pass interference in Illinois end zone with 14 seconds left. . . . 2nd and goal with 9 seconds to go . . . Daniels runs it in from the 2.

Last edited:
I realize KU faded after a hot start last year, but I like the fact that they have a discernible offensive scheme. The plays don't always work, but the scheme makes sense to me.

Man! 2 Kansas players have been suspended for targeting. Illinois has cut the lead to 11 points.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back