OTHER GAMES

In addition to all the other good games earlier in the long weekend, we've now watched LSU and Clemson blitzed on consecutive nights. Life doesn't get much better than this.

Yeah, I watched some of that Clempson vs. Duke game - I was shocked but not chagrined how awful the tiggers looked. But I was impressed by how well Duke played.

Dabo's contract goes through 2031. I figured he would be next man up when Saban retires soon, but with his weird buyout clause, they would owe everything left on the contract if he went to Bama.

Watching replay of Ole Piss, I mean Ole Miss is man handling Mercer 31 - 7 in the 2nd Qtr. It’s a replay. Final #22 Ole Miss 73, Mercer 7

Last edited:
Watching replay of Ole Piss, I mean Ole Miss is man handling Mercer 31 - 7 in the 2nd Qtr. It’s a replay. Final #22 Ole Miss 73, Mercer 7
Next up: Mother Teressa's Hospital for Infirmed & Disabled Children. Go Fightin' Crutch Kids.

Last edited:
Speaking of creampuffs LSU after getting plastered by FSU will play Grambling this week.................you cant find even find a line on the game.

Mahomes (minus Kelce and Jones) is tied with Goff 7-7 in the second quarter, with 4 minutes til halftime.

. . .

Chiefs score on pass to Blake Bell with 30 seconds left in the half to take lead 14-7.

. . .

In third quarter, Detroit back gets pick six on well thrown pass from Mahomes that wen right through KC receiver's hands

. . .

KC gets FG and leads by 3

. . .

KC gets another FG early in fourth.

. . .

Lions hold KC and get the ball back with about 5 minutes to play.

. . .

Detroit's offense finally reappears and drives for go-ahead TD. Lions up by 1. Plenty of time left in the fourth.

. . .

Dumbest call I've seen recently. Reid has KC go for it on fourth and 25 from about their own 30 with a bit more than 2 minutes left and all their timeouts available. Of course, it's no good.

Last edited:
Dabo's contract goes through 2031. I figured he would be the next man up when Saban retires soon, but with his weird buyout clause, they would owe everything left on the contract if he went to Bama.
I don't believe Dabo will ever be at Bama. His time has come and now I believe it is gone. The ACC should be interesting in the near term. I really didn't believe FSU would add to SEC but I am feeling better but I think in ten years Clemson will not add as much as Virginia or NC to the SEC. There are not enough football players in the area to make uSC and Clemson good at the same time and ten years of SEC money will help uSC eclipse Clemson. NC and Mack and Tenn. are hurting Clemson as well. And Dabo looked Mack ish last week, deer in the headlights.

UNC, UVA, & FSU do NOT travel. Of the three, only FSU has a decent size stadium, but Doak is old and the fanbase isn't football smart. Big Ten has long coveted UVA & UNC for academics, but the UNC/Duke tie has stopped it. Both schools could certainly use BigTen money for their athletic departments.

Not sure Dabo will move now, but who else does Bama go after?

IF (and that's a big IF) Sark earns that opportunity, I'm not sure he grabs it. Alabama is a great gig, but not sure it is as great an opportunity as leading the Horns - $$$ for a assistants, facilities, etc. Yes, we are a pain in the *** to put up with, and someone is always going to have their nose out of joint, but at the same time you will always have BMDs in your corner and some who aren't. Alabama has fewer BMDs, but just as big a pain.

IF (and that's a big IF) Sark earns that opportunity, I'm not sure he grabs it. Alabama is a great gig, but not sure it is as great an opportunity as leading the Horns - $$$ for a assistants, facilities, etc. Yes, we are a pain in the *** to put up with, and someone is always going to have their nose out of joint, but at the same time you will always have BMDs in your corner and some who aren't. Alabama has fewer BMDs, but just as big a pain.
Sabre

I always appreciate your insights. There was a time when the thought of Mack or his coach-in-waiting leaving crushed me. None of this is exact. I think Sark has a determination and calmness that is hard to describe. It is not that I believe he should not be criticized, it is how he handles valid and not-so-valid critics that I really notice. Ultimately, Mack was destroyed by criticism of himself by himself. I suspect Sark has had so much sh!* thrown at him that he has a healthy immune system and tough skin. I think that in the long term Texas is a better job than Alabama going forward. But I would rather have Sark than Dabo today and part of that is because Dabo at Clemson has not walked through fire the way Sark has, even though Sark has failed miserably and Dabo has succeeded.

Sure hope (& think) you're right.

I like Sabre's overview.
IF NIL and portal hadn't changed college football I can see Steve giving thought to Saban and Bama for giving him a second chance.
But imo Sark is a realist. Add to that Texas gave him a HC job at a pretty big deal school so hopefully there is an emotional tug there too.

TOP 16 FAN BASES

https://www.si.com/fannation/colleg...s-ohio-state-texas-alabama-georgia-notre-dame

1. Ohio State — 11.26 million

2. Notre Dame — 8.21 million

3. Texas — 7.82 million

4. Penn State — 6.36 million

5. Michigan — 6.26 million

6. Florida — 5.89 million

7. Oregon — 5.45 million

8. Alabama — 5.34 million

9. Wisconsin -- 4.57 million

10. USC — 4.46 million

11. LSU — 4.02 million

12. Georgia — 3.99 million

13. Texas A&M — 3.87 million

14. Stanford — 3.45 million

15. Auburn — 3.27 million

16. Tennessee — 3.27 million

Not too sure about that list.
I do think ND has a nation wide appeal but OSU?
If the article explained the methodology I missed it.

Ohio State counts Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Herbal Life, and all other fat people groups as well as the national polyester growers association

Not too sure about that list.
I do think ND has a nation wide appeal but OSU?
If the article explained the methodology I missed it.
I'm with you, 6721. I didn't see any mention of the methodology for determining "fan base." Maybe they put OSU on top based on number of couches burned.

The article just states a recent study by some strategist nobody has heard of before. I suspect he had some basis for his conclusions and list, but I question tOSU #1. I would be more inclined to think ND would be #1.

Weekly Prediction Contest

* Predict TEXAS-ULM *
Sat, Sep 21 • 7:00 PM on ESPN+/SECN+

Recent Threads

Back